Overpriced WS6? Need Help.

This is a discussion on Overpriced WS6? Need Help. within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Ok, so I plan on buying a 02 WS6 to replace my 02 Z28 that got totalled. I found a ...

Tx_Rice_Hunter

Overpriced WS6? Need Help.

Ok, so I plan on buying a 02 WS6 to replace my 02 Z28 that got totalled. I found a black 2002 WS6 at a dealership in Dallas that has 33,000 miles on it, but they are asking $24,449 for it. Is that to much? Sounds like it. I paid almost $20,000 for my 02 Z28 and I thought that was a little much.

Here's the car.....
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ng=&cardist=24

If this is to high of a price for this car, how can I talk them down in price? I need some pointers and advice.

Black Beast 1 badblack transam 01's Avatar

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

yea

I recently bought the black trans am ws6 to the left in the pic. Its exactly like that but a year older and T-tops. I really like the A4 tranny better than ne M6 I could imagine. When I bought my T/A I paid about 13,000. However its a 20,000 dollar car.The person before me was driving along and someone T-boned him. He fixed it back and sold it with 25% off of the price. The ws6 your thinking about buying has about 2000 less miles than mine does, along with the fact that its convertible I would say thats a very reasonable price.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

24 k??!?!? there's probably no warrenty and those wheels are NASTY! tell them to lick you. Buy one in the winter-you'll get an amazing deal.

Black
    2001 Pontiac

Too high? Yes, of course.

Find someone with something comparable that is 'wanting' to sell. You'll have much better luck finding a pricing strategy that helps you, the buyer.

Good Luck

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

don't get one from a dealer bro...there's plenty of private owners that will sell for a hell of a lot less than 25k...you can still get a auto loan for one also. Only thing bad about private party is no warrenty..but if it has extended warrenty just get it transfered in your name

Tx_Rice_Hunter
    I think I found a better deal at a local dealership right down the street from me on Cooper St. I went and looked at it earlier today but they were closed so all i could do was examine the car from the outside. Its in pretty awesome shape and they are asking $20k for it, it only has about 60k miles on it which is a little over average but not by much. Its got tan and black leather interior, 17" wheels with some fat 275's on them, and aftermarket exhaust with some pretty big rolled tips. From just looking at it I can tell it has a flow on it, which i'll be taking off because I dont like flowmasters. I'm going back tomorrow (saturday) to talk to the guy and see what kind of deal he can give me because its a wholesale place. If i'm lucky i'll be driving it home tomorrow.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ang=&cardist=0

black
    1999 Trans Am

Thats too much, just bought a 1999 ws6 trans am with 23,000 miles for $16,000.

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am

Thumbs down

That's way too much!
    For perspective I got my NBM 02 WS6, t-top, m6 with just over 12,800 miles for just under 20k in March. To top it all off it already had a few mods (Lid, TB, Cam, Springs, clutch, 3.73's, tune, etc.) All things I had on my wish list to do myself anyway.

While I practically stole mine I spent a fair amount of time looking. It was also much better buying from a private party as dealing with him, a fellow enthusiast, was much better than any stealership.

Keep looking, there's a diamond out there waiting for you man.

Tx_Rice_Hunter
    If you missed my other thread, I already bought one last week. It was a different black 2002 WS6, and I got it for a hair under 20k.

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am

I did miss your other thread. Awesome I am glad you found one for a more reasonable price. Congrats on the purchase, I am sure that car will bring you joy for a long time coming.

Pewter
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Seems high, but it is all about supply and demand.

WS6RedDragon
    Buy from a private owner like I did, I bought my 2000 WS6 with 45,000 miles for $16,000 great condition, it was owned by a woman so it was driven easy and it came with a flowmaster with corsa tips. Not bad IMO considering at the time it was valued at 18k

purple/blue metallic
    2001 WS6

Just bought a lovely ws6 last week....I'm new here...former Ford guy buyin' his first GM. I found my car at a dealership...but the dealer knew not what he had. I had researched the WS6 for years and the this purple blue car looked like it had been worked over. It was lowered, had SLP loudmouth pipes, ground fx and every single SLP "go-fast" trick under the hood. The previous owner ordered it from the dealer that way. Previous owner was an EA Sports exec who traded his WS6 in on a 2006 ZO6 vette.Dealer had to tell me the car had a $2100 insurance claim on the drivers door...it's the law up here in British Columbia.
    I accused the dealer of lying and that all the mods on the car were aftermarket. He showed me documentaion proving the car was shipped from Quebec to New Jersey for the "upfitting". They call them a Trans Am Maple Leaf up here but y'all call it an SLP Firehawk down there...I think. Help me out here? Am I right? It has SLP floor mats and a little SLP throw rug for the rear deck. Anyways...nice car...my kids love it.

Pewter
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

What hood and wheels is on the car? WS6 or Firehawk? Got pics?
    2001 Pewter WS6 M6
    Borla, some induction mods, a little bit of this and a pinch of that, 2 Hookers, and a pipe.....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2151616

Black
    2000 T/A WS6 Ram Air

(In 2004)
    2000 T/A WS6, Ram Air.. M6 Black/Black, T-Tops
    15,5xx miles, One Owner
    $19,900

I thought it was worth it, and it now resides in my driveway.

And I have been offered $27,000 for it.

Declined the offer.

-Gonz

purple/blue metallic
    2001 WS6

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MIWS62001
    What hood and wheels is on the car? WS6 or Firehawk? Got pics?
    The hood?? Funny you should ask. A buddy of mine knocks his knuckles on it and sez "fibreglass". Sure enough,,,big ole fibreglass ram air hood. Front quarter panels are plastic...is that spose'd to be that way too? This car is like a...Saturn? hahaha! No pics yet...I live in Vancouver...heavy fog for last two weeks...can't see two feet in front of my face...let alone snap pics.
    It doesn't have the polished rims with the ws6 logo in the center...just highly polished aluminum wheels with a pontiac logo in the center.
    Last edited by Transamapleleaf; 11-23-2005 at 08:35 PM.

Thread Information