Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Options?

This is a discussion on Options? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Ive never used that. I never knew if we could do that and not worry about the car starting afterwards. ...

Black
    2001 WS6

Ive never used that. I never knew if we could do that and not worry about the car starting afterwards. I've seen people do it ( like to stangs) and I went :O.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    Ive never used that. I never knew if we could do that and not worry about the car starting afterwards. I've seen people do it ( like to stangs) and I went :O.
    Most engine compartments arent sealed, rain water and heavy mist from the wet road easily get up on the engine. Water on the out of the engine is fine as logn as the engine isn't sucking it up. Everytime I go through a auto touch free it sprays water in my hood scoop onto my intercooler.

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

I have been in torrential downpours where it was raining Rhinos and Elephants and experienced what seemed like detonation and misfireing. May be due to all the holes in my K&N air filter allowing a fine mist to actually enter into the intake. The diverter that is built in to our ram air hoods is there for a reason. Be very careful what you cut out in order to gain .000005 horsepower.

Black
    2001 WS6

I actually beg to differ. I think taking out the baffles is more than just minimally beneficial. Maybe not a difference on a dyno, but when you're actually driving and air is flowing there is a difference. But debating all that goes down another long road we've all been down 100 times. I've driven in hurricanes before without any problems with the baffles removed. I guess I was just lucky

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    I actually beg to differ. I think taking out the baffles is more than just minimally beneficial. Maybe not a difference on a dyno, but when you're actually driving and air is flowing there is a difference. But debating all that goes down another long road we've all been down 100 times. I've driven in hurricanes before without any problems with the baffles removed. I guess I was just lucky
    I too have driven through some heavy downpours without problem. As long as the intake doesnt suck water in you should be fine.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    I have been in torrential downpours where it was raining Rhinos and Elephants and experienced what seemed like detonation and misfireing. May be due to all the holes in my K&N air filter allowing a fine mist to actually enter into the intake. The diverter that is built in to our ram air hoods is there for a reason. Be very careful what you cut out in order to gain .000005 horsepower.
    Then your intake system is not sealed correctly

blue green camelion
    1998 Trans Am

raptor fits

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    I went to suncoast and i really liked the raptor style hood
    Click for full size

But will my fipk2 fir under it?
    Click for full size

Hey gnomee can i get some more pics of the hood you purchased? I wanna see how the cut out box under the hood really works please
    you're intake will work, i used to make them

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

Red, Black
    98 T/A M6, 79 T/A 6.6L

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Most engine compartments arent sealed, rain water and heavy mist from the wet road easily get up on the engine. Water on the out of the engine is fine as logn as the engine isn't sucking it up. Everytime I go through a auto touch free it sprays water in my hood scoop onto my intercooler.
    Yeah. Your hood scoop is not an actual Intake tho. It is merely the air intake that tunnels air down to the air-to-air intercooler mounted behind the motor.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by goof4080 View Post
    Yeah. Your hood scoop is not an actual Intake tho. It is merely the air intake that tunnels air down to the air-to-air intercooler mounted behind the motor.
    Ik this, which is my point. If the water is not entering the intake its ok that it gets all over the engine as long as it isnt through the intake. And my intercooler is on top of the engine, you can actually see it through the scoop

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post

Click for full size

Click for full size
    i also love the mech hood,but i wish you could get those huge extractors on top of the ws6, front of the mecham looks like the firehawk but worse

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information