Black
    1999 Trans Am

Opinions and/or advice wanted...

Need opinions/advice on my next planned purchase(s)... It's my daily driver, I may take it to the strip in the future but not immediately...I plan on getting a cam, heads, intake, and ram air box, and/or suspension stuff (sfc's lcr's phb etc); currently I have a p/p tb (about as much as possible without rubbing through the walls), hooker super comp lt's, ory pipe, !cat, !egr, slp lid, msd wires, 3.08(?) gears, 3000 stall (not sure make), melling oil pump (not sure high velocity/capacity), and I think that's all (recently bought the car).

Down to the question at hand, these are options I'm leaning towards:

This cam (on a 112 LSA maybe)-

http://texas-speed.com/p-1149-texas-...-camshaft.aspx

Or this one (maybe 112 LSA also)-

http://texas-speed.com/p-1150-texas-...-camshaft.aspx

In this package-

http://texas-speed.com/p-1159-precis...m-package.aspx

Combined with this air filter/box (which fits the sc hood I have)-

http://suncoastcreations.com/28004k-...-kit-prod.html

And either an LS6 or F.A.S.T. intake manifold. (Still up-in-the-air about which.)

I don't mind the loudness, don't have emissions test, and only drive 20 miles to work round-trip . Any thoughts, opinions, help, or additions to my list are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

*just learned gears are either 3.28's or 2.74's, I had bad info evidentally.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Neither of those are stock ratios -- with an A4 you should either have 2.73's or 3.23's stock. On the edge of your driver door is a decal with the RPO codes. We have a sticky in our General Help section of the forum that translates the codes -- go ahead and look it up. On our car, it has a "GU5" code which equates to 3.23 gears.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

I had that exact combo...5.3L heads and the Torquer V.2 cam w/ 112LSA. I made 445rwhp and 395 rwtq through a T56 trans and a Moser 9" rear w/ 4.11 gearing. I loved it and it was a beast on the street.

Personally, I'm a fan of the stock style air lid setup, but I would upgrade the lid to an aftermarket one. I ran a 98mm FTP Lid, no MAF (Speed Density Tune), 4" silicone coupler, and Fast 90/90 Throttle Body & Intake Manfold.

I would always recommend the FAST90 or 92 over the LS6, but if you're on a budget, the LS6 will suffice and is a great upgrade from the stock LS1.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I have the TSP MS3 and can say the Torquer V2 is a better driving cam and kinda wish I would have gotten it but I got mine from a friend for a good deal since he built a new motor and needed a different cam, but with the stall and 3.73's makes the car fun. The V3 has a huge lift not sure if thats a straight install or if you need a different pushrod length. My friend has their heads and his car runs great but not sure the spec on his cam.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

98 Formula
    06 duramax

just my opinion here so take it as such......I wouldn't get either of those cams. Not on a DD a4. I'd go with a smaller torquier (my word) cam on a 114lsa......you'll thank me later. It'll make it much more street friendly, you won't have to rev the car to the moon, and easier to nail the tune on. People get hung on the numbers too much IMO and how lumpy a car sounds. My little 228R on a 114LSA was enough to put me in the 11's with an LS6 intake and 5.3L heads.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Thanks alot guys for the help and info

Black
    1999 Trans Am

what would you recommend as far as a cam and heads set-up? I'm not judging opinions by any means, simply gathering information to make an educated decision.

Thread Information