Thread: Opinions

Opinions

Had a NBM WS6 A4 that I sold in January. I know I know WTF was I thinking?

Anyway, I've got to have another Firebird. My life is incomplete as it is now. Thought I could cheap out and maybe go LT1 but I like the '98-'02 styling so much better, so it is LS1 time

I drove two standard TAs, a '98 and an '01. The '98 had issues - the '01 was a M6 and I never drove an M6 bird before so that was cool, but again, there were some issues.

I have my eye on three more cars in the area, a red A4 TA with 102,000 miles, a black A4 '02 Formula with 68,000 miles, and a black M6 '02 WS6 with 116,000 miles.

The black WS6 interests me most I guess, but the miles are up there. But it's a WS6.
    For the same price I could get the black Formula with almost half the miles.
    The red '99 TA is the low price car, but after seeking out a red TA, I think test driving the black '01 last weekend has swayed my color preference. I am sure there is a 'once you go black you never go back' joke in there, but I can't suss it out. Also, with the red one as a '99 model . . . no LS6 intake.

So anyway I am asking for some opinions and guidance. The two black birds are dealership cars, the red one is private party. The prices seem to jive pretty well for all three based on KBB and NADA guides, with maybe some wiggle on the '99. I'd finance all of them, however, I'd probably sell off my daily driver and get something cheaper to knock a little off the loan on either of the dealership cars.

Guys, please have a quick look and give me some random thoughts / ideas / things to consider.

Here's the links:

Black WS6
    Black Formula
    Red TA

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

There are a lot of things to consider -- even more when you are looking at 3 different cars. I would lean towards the lower mile Formy all else being equal. However, if there are apparent problems with one or more of the cars that could easily narrow things down for you. Hi-Po posted a nice thread on things to look for when buying an F-body: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118628

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    There are a lot of things to consider -- even more when you are looking at 3 different cars. I would lean towards the lower mile Formy all else being equal. However, if there are apparent problems with one or more of the cars that could easily narrow things down for you. Hi-Po posted a nice thread on things to look for when buying an F-body: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118628
    Cool - Thanks!

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

i bought my black ws6 m6 with 115000 miles and it still runs great.. got 122xxx on it now. If u absolutely have to have a ws6 (like i did) then go with what you want. If youre not too worried about it id take the formy.
    Last edited by Lunatikgixxer; 10-26-2010 at 07:25 PM.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Well as far as WS6 most of it is a badge and a hood the rest is stuff to toss once you mod it. I would say the Formula if you.like the style as much as a TA since it has much lower mileage and a LS6 intake is cheap enough and you can always get a RAM air hood later. Now the real deal do you want a stick or auto which to me is much more important than the WS6 part since it has to do with the most important reason people like us own the car, to drive it. I have a 98 A4 with full bolt ons and full suspension and just got my stall and cam so it'll be installed next week. I like my car for the cruises and the A4 is good for some weekend track or street fun. I personally would rather have a M6 car which is on my to do list in the next few months for my new DD. The M6 is better for backroad runs though the curves. So the Formula seems the obvious best for having lower mileage and would be my.1st pick for a longer lasting car since lower miles less things to fix till you get to the higher miles.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Thanks for the thoughtful replies - keep them coming! I really appreciate it.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

They all look pretty nice and are priced about right. If i were buying, I'd get the '99 red TA.

Well I am going to take a 2nd look at the black '01 M6 I initially was going to pass on. Some of the trim issues & stuff may be worth addressing for the LS6 intake, lower miles and competitive price. We'll see . . .

now greybat66

Red
    1998 trans am

i went through the same thing i sold my 98 purple metalic and could not sleep until i got another trans am .Go with the first one that caught your eye, usually the first choice is the best choice.

Thread Information