Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

open headers??

This is a discussion on open headers?? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I took off my TSP rumbler to realign it and had to go to a car meet before I could ...

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

I took off my TSP rumbler to realign it and had to go to a car meet before I could get it back on... so drove the 20 miles open headers.. and the first part of the trip was kinda cool.. loud as hell... but rumbly and mean.... then it got old... then the fumes started giving me a headache... drove home.. and when I hit my subdivision.. I had to coast at 5 mph through it so I didnt get the cops called on me... oh yeah.. and in most if not all places... driving open headers is ILLEGAL!... Just FYI.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
    I took off my TSP rumbler to realign it and had to go to a car meet before I could get it back on... so drove the 20 miles open headers.. and the first part of the trip was kinda cool.. loud as hell... but rumbly and mean.... then it got old... then the fumes started giving me a headache... drove home.. and when I hit my subdivision.. I had to coast at 5 mph through it so I didnt get the cops called on me... oh yeah.. and in most if not all places... driving open headers is ILLEGAL!... Just FYI.
    Even driving the fumes got to you or was that while you had come to a stop light?

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    Even driving the fumes got to you or was that while you had come to a stop light?
    Prob being in town... but yeah.. it was getting pretty bad..

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Prob being in town... but yeah.. it was getting pretty bad..
    Yea I remember that being a prob while at a stop light, but not while we was moving, but personally I would never run around with open headers.

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Yea I remember that being a prob while at a stop light, but not while we was moving, but personally I would never run around with open headers.
    Yeah, the Jacksonville, NC cops didn't appreciate it when the group (and my with open headers) heard THEN saw us drive into the restaurant parking lot... they paid us the favor of walking out and yelling at us... lol

Mid Night Blue
    1999 Firebird 3.8 series

lol i like how yall are talkin about screwing with the cops at the mall :P haha ok ok i get it now. i dont wanna get in trouble by police or have back fire or fumes or constant vibration in the car. i just want a rumble, a mean rumble flowmaster catback didnt satify me. was thinkin about a camm but i dnt wanna have to drop a grand into my sixer. ah i saw this really cool thing on youtube its called a butterfly valve. it gives it a mean rumble, what im looking for maybe ill just go for paceset headers with my flowmasters and give it a lil more deep mean rumble. idk yet.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAvDVsmzfYk[/ame]

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Yeah, the Jacksonville, NC cops didn't appreciate it when the group (and my with open headers) heard THEN saw us drive into the restaurant parking lot... they paid us the favor of walking out and yelling at us... lol
    Yea NC cops are mostly a bunch of assholes every once in a while you will find some nice ones. But ones around military bases are some of the worst to have to deal with or get pulled by not all but most.

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Yea NC cops are mostly a bunch of assholes every once in a while you will find some nice ones. But ones around military bases are some of the worst to have to deal with or get pulled by not all but most.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by flybird View Post
    lol i like how yall are talkin about screwing with the cops at the mall :P haha ok ok i get it now. i dont wanna get in trouble by police or have back fire or fumes or constant vibration in the car. i just want a rumble, a mean rumble flowmaster catback didnt satify me. was thinkin about a camm but i dnt wanna have to drop a grand into my sixer. ah i saw this really cool thing on youtube its called a butterfly valve. it gives it a mean rumble, what im looking for maybe ill just go for paceset headers with my flowmasters and give it a lil more deep mean rumble. idk yet.

That sounds really good I have never heard of a butterfly valve, I used to have a 3.8 97 bird myself before I bought my t/a back in july 2010. I run the dog shit out of that car as a teenager it was a really great first car to help me learn how to drive, and the chicks liked it.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Let me guess your in the marines correct!!

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

That sounds really good I have never heard of a butterfly valve, I used to have a 3.8 97 bird myself before I bought my t/a back in july 2010. I run the dog shit out of that car as a teenager it was a really great first car to help me learn how to drive, and the chicks liked it.
    I'm glad I didn't end up with the V8 Trans Am I wanted and found when I was getting my license.. (I mean still pisses me off that they screwed up the phone number in the paper).. but all the shit I did with my V-6 Camaro.... damn if I have double the power I prob wouldn't be here.. lol....

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Let me guess your in the marines correct!!
    HELL no.... I just worked at Camp Lejeune for a few years as a contractor..

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

I'm glad I didn't end up with the V8 Trans Am I wanted and found when I was getting my license.. (I mean still pisses me off that they screwed up the phone number in the paper).. but all the shit I did with my V-6 Camaro.... damn if I have double the power I prob wouldn't be here.. lol....
    Dude I am right their with you, if I would have had a 100 more horsepower I would be dead right now myself, I did some stupid shit which shouldnt allow me to be here except for that underpowered bird.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

HELL no.... I just worked at Camp Lejeune for a few years as a contractor..
    Yea that makes sense also I just kinda figured you where seeing that you were in cali now, I was at Fort Bragg for awhile myself I have a year and some change left and I am out of the guard.

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Dude I am right their with you, if I would have had a 100 more horsepower I would be dead right now myself, I did some stupid shit which shouldnt allow me to be here except for that underpowered bird.

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Yea that makes sense also I just kinda figured you where seeing that you were in cali now, I was at Fort Bragg for awhile myself I have a year and some change left and I am out of the guard.
    I work on the Navy/Marine's computers.. so I go where the bases are. I was almost ARMY.. as my dad is a retired 1st SGT.. but decided women boss me around enough.. why the hell would I VOLUNTARILY join an organization that will do that and more for the next XX years of my life... pass. SO I went to college.. got drunk a lot... and ended up with 2 pieces of EXTREMELY expensive paper that basically state I can be taught.. lol.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

I work on the Navy/Marine's computers.. so I go where the bases are. I was almost ARMY.. as my dad is a retired 1st SGT.. but decided women boss me around enough.. why the hell would I VOLUNTARILY join an organization that will do that and more for the next XX years of my life... pass. SO I went to college.. got drunk a lot... and ended up with 2 pieces of EXTREMELY expensive paper that basically state I can be taught.. lol.
    Yea I joined when I was 17 didnt wanna goto college, since I was tired of school. Now almost 5 years later I am ready to kick the bucket on this job, take the money for college run hide and do the damn thing!!

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Yea I joined when I was 17 didnt wanna goto college, since I was tired of school. Now almost 5 years later I am ready to kick the bucket on this job, take the money for college run hide and do the damn thing!!
    Those 5 years in College were by far the most fun I've had in my life... I'd go back again if I could find away to pay for it without having to have 7 jobs again.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Those 5 years in College were by far the most fun I've had in my life... I'd go back again if I could find away to pay for it without having to have 7 jobs again.
    7 jobs fuck me running, that is why I am mostly glad I have joined the military, which will pay for alot of my college.

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

7 jobs fuck me running, that is why I am mostly glad I have joined the military, which will pay for alot of my college.
    Good luck finding a woman that can and will do that.. LOL...
    But yeah, my last semester I had 7 part time jobs.. but I was the Tech Ops Director of the Campus radio station.. the TV station.. DJ'd at a biker bar... DJ'd at 2 radio stations... etc.. they were fun jobs though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information