Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

One Year!

This is a discussion on One Year! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I had just gotten sent to Fort Hood Texas in 2004 after being in Germany for two years with the ...

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I had just gotten sent to Fort Hood Texas in 2004 after being in Germany for two years with the army. I was driving by the local pontiac dealership and saw a black Trans Am sitting out front. At the time I was driving a 1996 Ford Probe GT with 270,000 miles on it so it was definitely time for a new car. When I was in high school I had owned a 1997 30th anniversary Z28 and I remembered how much fun it was to have a RWD V-8 car.

I went in and test drove it and loved it. It was a 2000 6 speed with 24K miles on it The only problem was the price. It was 18K and I couldnt afford to get a loan for that much at the time. I resigned myself that I wasnt going to be able to get it. The dealership called me two weeks later and sold me the car for 13,500 which was the amount the bank agreed to. I drove the hell out of that car back and forth from FL to Texas and put 70,000 miles on it in 2 years. I never had any problems with it. It is still running (I sold it to a friend in TX) and now has 160K miles on it with the original Transmission and LS1. I have had three LS1 Trans Ams and Two LT1 Camaros (Along with an LS2 GTO briefly) and I am currently looking at a 2001 SS Convertible. I'll never drive anything else no matter how much my wife complains about me getting a practical car lol.

NAVY BLUE METALLIC
    1999 FORMULA M6 HARD TOP

Here is mine,
    My first car was a 1979 Firebird Formula with t-tops and AT. My best friends dad had bought the car for him but he wanted something different. I jump on it for $700. in 1990. Now the car needed a lot of cosmetic work but the drive train was amazing. Since that day I have been a Firebird Man. I had 4 3rd gen cars and one was an 84 Trans Am that I convered it into a Knight rider car. I told my wife that someday I would have a 4th Gen Formula or Trans Am, when ever we can afford one. Fast forward to 2007, I was looking for a black or NBM M6 car T-tops with no more than 60,000 miles on it, and that have not been driven hard. Well on June that year I found the car on Craigs list listed for $10,000 and only 56,000 a NBM 99 formula M6 hard top with Y2K wheels. I went to see the owner and test drive the car, He was a nice guy who had a second baby on the way and needed a family car. I drove the car and it was so fast compare to any of my previous car, it was perfect except for one thing. The slave cylinder was not working correctly and the pedal sometimes stuck to the floor. I told the owner I would give him $8,000 cash but he said no. Well I got tired of looking for one that I started looking for mustangs ARRGG!!!. On August 1st I told my wife I was buying the car I wanted as a present to me for making Chief (I am in the Navy, and the results have not even come out yet) but I was so sure i will get selected (strong gut feeling) as I am driving around to a couple of dealerships, the owner call me back and told me for $9,000 I can have the car, I said to him I can only give him $8,500. and I picked her up that day, registered it and drove her home. When my wife saw me parking the car in the drive way she asked me whos car it was it? and I responded "the Chief's" then she asked which Chief? and I said "Me" She said she would not want me to be disapointed if I did not get selected and had to return the car (no that I would have returned it) shure enough 2 days later the results came out and got selected for Chief and since that day She has been my daily driver and my best car ever.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Great story! Congrats on both the car and the promotion (2 years after the fact).

NAVY BLUE METALLIC
    1999 FORMULA M6 HARD TOP

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Great story! Congrats on both the car and the promotion (2 years after the fact).
    Thank you. Your story was better by far. Smooth man

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

[QUOTE=pajeff02;2018408]One year ago today a 2002 Trans Am WS.6 officially joined our family as a 10 year engagement anniversary present for my wife, well... and me too. After dinner that evening we went out for a ride in our Corvette. I had my wife pull over in a parking lot, telling her I needed to check under the hood. Upon opening the hood, I pulled out a ring box that I had hidden in the cowl.

My wife did not have a clue -- she looked at me and then the ring box. Of course, she thought she was getting a ring. When she opened the box and found a set of keys inside, she actually started to tremble. I told her, "Happy Anniversary. Would you like to go see your present?"

I had the Trans Am parked downtown in the bank lot across from my office. We pulled in and she damn near passed out from the excitement. My avatar picture is from that evening - before we went for a ride in the Trans Am we took a quick picture with my phone.

thats awsome for a wife, but just a tip guys, DONT do this to your girlfriend, she will kill you if shes expecting a ring and gets an f-body, i'm not sure why though,,,

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    thats awsome for a wife, but just a tip guys, DONT do this to your girlfriend, she will kill you if shes expecting a ring and gets an f-body, i'm not sure why though,,,

Are you speaking from experience?

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

[QUOTE=justinmc978;2038836]
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    One year ago today a 2002 Trans Am WS.6 officially joined our family as a 10 year engagement anniversary present for my wife, well... and me too. After dinner that evening we went out for a ride in our Corvette. I had my wife pull over in a parking lot, telling her I needed to check under the hood. Upon opening the hood, I pulled out a ring box that I had hidden in the cowl.

My wife did not have a clue -- she looked at me and then the ring box. Of course, she thought she was getting a ring. When she opened the box and found a set of keys inside, she actually started to tremble. I told her, "Happy Anniversary. Would you like to go see your present?"

I had the Trans Am parked downtown in the bank lot across from my office. We pulled in and she damn near passed out from the excitement. My avatar picture is from that evening - before we went for a ride in the Trans Am we took a quick picture with my phone.

If I gave my girlfriend a damn f-body, that is the damn ring she will get over it or I will just have an extra f-body hahahahahahaha.

now greybat66

navy blue metalic
    1998 trans am conv

i was dating my fiance who now is my wife and was driving a convertible white lt1 formula.She hated that car because she always said it was too fast, well i saw a purple metalic ls1 which by the way is her favorite color and decided to buy it for her .Now i drive the car because she thinks this is even faster good for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am WS-6

My story is more of rolling the dice than romantic. I was graduating college a couple years ago and had saved up some $$ from internships (they pay pretty nice to an engineering student). I was drivin a 02 Black Grand Am w/ the Ecotec and 5 speed, and figured it was time for something more adult (its how you think in college).

While at work on Friday, during some down time, I got ebay and started looking at cars... a habit that really hasn't changed. Low and behold, I see a Pewter 01 Trans Am WS6 w/ 25000 on the clock for sale about 5 hours away in Miami (I was in Tampa at the time...GO BULLS!). I put in a bid for it and went to lunch, thinking theres no way I'd win, but secretly hoping for it. When I get back, I'm the winning bidder!

The next day, my roomate and a buddy of mine drive down and pick her up. I was shaking the whole way there, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, just nervous as heck! When I got there, did the thorough look around, I got the keys and started it up. That was it. She had a flowmaster exhaust and the sound alone in the garage was enough to make me know this was definately a good idea. Driving back, I smoked the tires leaving a toll plaza, and hit 100 in about the time it took the Grand Am to get to 50.

Two years later, a clutch, idle pulley, 2 sun visors, 4 speakers, the belts, tons of turn signal bulbs, and a window motor later, I'm still hooked on this car!

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

It all started as a young boy about age 5... I seen this Show called Knight Rider and from that moment on I fell in love with The Trans Am. I even pretended my bike as a Trans Am. I said one day I am going to get one of those cars.

Many years later I finally got a decent job and I was finally ready to buy the car of my dreams... My search to me to many cars. I originally wanted a 88 GTA Trans Am and I found a nice one except it was a hard-top. My baby momma the evil witch she was once again derailed my dreams of owning a Trans-Am and the search was temporairily postponed.

Many years and many cars later I had almost all but givin up on finding the perfect machine and low and behold one day driving down the road one day I just so happen to notice a midnight blue ws6 on the side of the road for sale.

Turns out it was a kid's I went to school with. 2000 WS.6 @ 53,000 miles and he wanted 10,900 I took her for a test drive and fell in love.... I told him I would let him know

Since I am not a mechanic in any shape or form I called frantically for my buds to take a look at it, for for some reason everone I knew was out of town or unavaible. I knew I had to jump on it because it was only a matter of time before someone stole it from me.

I called him up and said I got $9,000 He hesitated... He said your my friend, and I know you really want the car... What the Hell... Sold

I picked her up, the weekend of Frankenmuth MI's big car show, and took her to get detailed... For whever reason I missed the secetary of state on that Friday so I was ass outta luck... I start BS'n with the owner of the detail shop and he says, here take my dealer plate... Go out and drive that car.

Heading out to the carshow my baby momma called, and my daughter was talking to her and she says " Momma guess what.... My daddy got a new car and it looks just like Kitt".... lol

The day I pulled into the baby momma's driveway I seen her expression and I knew I had won!!!

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

It's always cool to hear the story behind someone's pride and joy... thanks for sharing guys. Even a year after the fact, I still walk out into our garage and find myself staring at our Trans Am. Putting it away for the winter is going to be especially tough this fall after all the work I did on her.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information