Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ok,the color by number steps to 400 hp?

This is a discussion on Ok,the color by number steps to 400 hp? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Kup98ss Basic bolt ons first. LTheaders Ypipe catback Lid That should get you around 400hp at the ...

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

Quote Originally Posted by Kup98ss View Post
    Basic bolt ons first.
    LTheaders
    Ypipe
    catback
    Lid
    That should get you around 400hp at the motor.
    Not 400rwp but it gets you closer.
    Add a head and cam package and that'll do it..

Silver
    2002 WS6 TA

Thunder racing has a package with AFR heads and a cam called the cheater package a couple little extra mods 394 RWHP. The package is 2500-2700.00ish if you install.

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

Quote Originally Posted by 1flynDO View Post
    Thunder racing has a package with AFR heads and a cam called the cheater package a couple little extra mods 394 RWHP. The package is 2500-2700.00ish if you install.
    I've seen a few cars at TR and i find them impressive, the actually sound stock at idle..Makes for a real nice sleeper.

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 1flynDO View Post
    for some reason I can't find them on the sight. Have a link?

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

Quote Originally Posted by Kup98ss View Post
    for some reason I can't find them on the sight. Have a link?
    You should call and speak to Sean, he has a specific package for the fbodies that puts out more power, a nicely fine tuned setup. Tellem Ed sent ya...
    Last edited by Zedicous; 05-26-2008 at 02:55 PM.

Really appreciate all the info.I feel better oriented now.Now,to sell the mustang which is in process as i speak and spend alot of time taking off parts,lol-

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

Quote Originally Posted by BAndit111 View Post
    And things too like i read the stock shocks are pretty bad?
    they're better than a mustang's. mustangs are very badly balanced and have crappy suspension.

silver
    1999 Trans am Ws6

i just got my exhaust in and i didnt get a y pipe installed. did i make a mistake on that? and if i did get it installed would it give me more horse power or make my computer run in limp mode? and i want to get around 400 in the motor.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by cobrakiller99 View Post
    i just got my exhaust in and i didnt get a y pipe installed. did i make a mistake on that? and if i did get it installed would it give me more horse power or make my computer run in limp mode? and i want to get around 400 in the motor.
    Are you running stock y pipe or are you looking for true duals? if you want more power get the true duals. Otherwise if you keep the styock y pipe your just not going to flow as well if you were to get the bigger pipes.

black trans am

ok i have free mods slp lid bellow 160 stat and magnaflow with a alum flywheel. im making 348hp to the wheels if i delete my egr,smog pump, get lt headers and off road y pipe with a good tune my car would make over 400 to the wheels. also note my stock clutch was sliping from hots spots and would not grab form 4k drop then i upgraded it and then i took it to the track ran a 12.9 and then the next run i broke my left axle....... boy did i find all the f body week sopts ... also note that i bent my 3/4 gear shift fork 2 weeks aftel i fixed my axle. but good news i have all the week spots fixed

Silver
    2002 WS6 TA

Just google Thunder racing. Look under f bodies and look at valvetrain.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdbrain89 View Post
    ok i have free mods slp lid bellow 160 stat and magnaflow with a alum flywheel. im making 348hp to the wheels if i delete my egr,smog pump, get lt headers and off road y pipe with a good tune my car would make over 400 to the wheels. also note my stock clutch was sliping from hots spots and would not grab form 4k drop then i upgraded it and then i took it to the track ran a 12.9 and then the next run i broke my left axle....... boy did i find all the f body week sopts ... also note that i bent my 3/4 gear shift fork 2 weeks aftel i fixed my axle. but good news i have all the week spots fixed
    I got some news for you it has 10 bolts, damn close to the axle and is the next thing you will break! Its your 10 bolt rearend, you havent gotten out of the woods yet.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

You won't be making near 400 RWHP with those mods.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Night Stalker View Post
    I got a 02 WS6, Voolant intake, full exhaust, pullys, fuel rail and injectors and all the free mods. Spent about $1,200 and got 394hp 391tq with a tune not bad huh
    Not rear wheel horsepower. I assume you mean flywheel horsepower. Still not sure where you came up with those #s as I know they didn't pull the motor and put it on an engine dyno for $1,200.

Guys,i am stuck between an auto and a manual.I have to decide soon.Very.Can you just straight up tell me which one would hold together better?I am sorta leaning towards an auto and adding a stall and such.I want the least breakage to 400 tho,really,but i would like to be able to beat on it a bit and not be scared as with my t-5 manual to get a lil rough-

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

put a LS6 crate engine in it and have it dyno tuned...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by BAndit111 View Post
    Guys,i am stuck between an auto and a manual.I have to decide soon.Very.Can you just straight up tell me which one would hold together better?I am sorta leaning towards an auto and adding a stall and such.I want the least breakage to 400 tho,really,but i would like to be able to beat on it a bit and not be scared as with my t-5 manual to get a lil rough-
    if your main concern is drag racing then go with a A4... i love to drive my M6 but i wish that it was a auto at the track so i could net a better time...

Black
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Not rear wheel horsepower. I assume you mean flywheel horsepower. Still not sure where you came up with those #s as I know they didn't pull the motor and put it on an engine dyno for $1,200.
    HAhahah not flywheel sorry. And yea it was a MUSTANG DYNO i went about a week ago. Intake, Throttle body,spark plug wires,LT Headers,true duals,pulleys,fuel rail,injectors,free mods and o yeah water pump. I kill the 04 Cobras n raced a new Vette n barely beat it how are the #'s wrong, SLP has a 400hp package that has alot less then wat i got. Might be the new clutch and built Tranny!!

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

HAhahah not flywheel sorry. And yea it was a MUSTANG DYNO i went about a week ago. Intake, Throttle body,spark plug wires,LT Headers,true duals,pulleys,fuel rail,injectors,free mods and o yeah water pump. I kill the 04 Cobras n raced a new Vette n barely beat it how are the #'s wrong, SLP has a 400hp package that has alot less then wat i got. Might be the new clutch and built Tranny!!
    Well that's one extremely generous dyno. (still calling BS) Most cam only cars don't make 400rwhp. I'd like to get my car on that dyno. LOL

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

SLP has a 400hp package that has alot less then wat i got.
    SLP has some seriously bloated claims. And they are flywheel numbers, not at the wheels.

SLP = complete and utter shit

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information