Page 76 of 336 FirstFirst ... 2636465672737475767778798096106116126176226276326 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 6702
Like Tree110Likes

Official Show your Birds thread!

This is a discussion on Official Show your Birds thread! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Justin, Read the Wings West instruction. It doesn't say anything about removing the existing manufacture skirt. I contacted them and ...

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Skirt Fitting

Justin,

Read the Wings West instruction. It doesn't say anything about removing the existing manufacture skirt. I contacted them and they say that it should be installed over the existing ones.

You better trial fit those skirts on before actually installing them. Once you remove the two sided tape, that's it! My skirt from them did not hug around the curves very well... for them to hug, I had to install it just as you see in these pictures. Those skirts are very bulky. The photos from people on here that you see, I'm sure the shop that installed it for them had to reshape the inner edges of the skirts to make it fit well. In as far as sticking out, since mine are white compared to the others, you can see the edge detail much better. If it was all one color with the vehicle, it's difficult for you to tell in the photos on her.

I suggest using WW front and back. The fit is good. Oh, I had to take my skirt off for the smog check... and after four years, the double sided tape came off somewhat though did nick some paint from the OEM skirt. Becareful.

I"m thinking getting Vizage side skirt, but no one has replied to me as of yet about their fit and installation. I'm very cautious about forking over another $500 for external parts. Even from the seller, I felt unsure about their reply as to the fitting of the part. I have been looking for Fiberglass parts for the TA but have had no luck.

Best Regards as you fit those pieces in there.... keep in mind that edging out the inner skirt corners will give it a better fit,
    Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Matthew, I have the West Wing Kit it also (not installed yet) and I'm starting to also worry about the side skirts. I see in your pic that your white side skirts stick out alot farther than the same side skirts on other Trans Am's.
    Did you purposefully want them to stick out a little more than usual or was that the only way that you could get them on?? I've seen the kit on some other cars on this site but the side skirts seemed to go straight down.
    Lately I have been thinkin about just having the front piece put on-I've also seen it done that way alot too.

JR.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Let's Roll!!!!

2000 Trans Am

New rims and wash job.

Old rims and wash job lol!

just something funny!

2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 94TAGT View Post
    94 Trans Am GT
    Sunfire Yellow/Charcoal leather
    1 of 304 built
    I'm glad they only made 304 of these lol!!! Just kidding looks good man!

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

Dude! You're going to hell! but at least it's not in a ford....

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Original Factory Paint Job

Quote Originally Posted by sharptransam View Post
    Dude! You're going to hell! but at least it's not in a ford....
    You are right! hahahahah Come right? You know, at least Ford makes those Mustangs affordable to buyer. No wonder why they have the market compared to Trans Am. I believe the Trans Am were over price by Pontiac. Over pricing killed the market interest, just like what happen to the recent GTOs. I don't know about the Solstice either though. I think it will get creamed. The Saturn Sky has an edge over the Soltice when it comes to look and style.

But check this out...... I think this is one of the coolest and attractive TA I have ever saw. I wanted the flames, though it would have cost over $6,000. Besides, I didn't want any funny shop tech screwing around with my Factory Paint Job. I don't believe any paint job is comparable to the original Factory Paint. All other over the counter paint job will chip and scrape off after a couple years.

Good day,
    Matthew

insert witty title here Blk00ws6's Avatar

Black
    2000 WS6

I saw that one live and in person. I fell in love too!

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Costly Decoration

thanks for sharing the photo......... That Blue Metallic paint is not from the factory is it? Flames like that one are super nice, though they are very costly just for looks.

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by Blk00ws6 View Post
    I saw that one live and in person. I fell in love too!
    Click for full size

Black
    2000 WS6

If I had to guess I'd say no. Definitely a custom job. I think I may have one more of it... I'll look.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs down Custom Job

Like I have stated in a different thread, I have much doubt when it comes to custom paint jobs based on the wear and tear factor. Honestly, all vehicle aftermarket body parts made of polyurethane chip or crack paint off too quickly. Not many have mentioned this issue in the threads.

Good weekend,
    Matthew

Black
    2000 WS6

here we go. close up. I don't think there is anything wrong with custom jobs. You get what you pay for is my thoughts. You pay for quality and to make sure it's done right.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Blueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

What I'm getting at is the bonding of the New paint over the old one. It will not warrant a super bond unless you sand the whole body and prep for painting. Let me ask you this then.... if you were to have purchase your vehicle, would you completely paint it say in 3 years?

At any rate, that blue vehicle looks beautttttttttttttttttiful hahah! But I wish I had a Murcielago.. now that is super Sexy!!!!!

Take it easy Buddy!
    Matthew

Black
    2000 WS6

Well, I've had my '86 bird repainted over the old paint with no problems of it sticking. Just a budget job too. Next time though, I am going to take it all the way down to the metal and fix all the rust.
    Anyhoo, as for repainting what we are on subject for, if I had a money tree in the yard, I'd repaint and do a custom job to my TA even though there is really nothing too wong with the current factory paint. My philosophy is if something needs replaced, might as well upgrade it. Whatever it is, parts, paint, etc. The sidestripes on my TA are vinyl. When it needs re-done, I'm going to look into having them painted. That's the way I work. If it ain't broke, I (usually) don't fix it. But when I do, I upgrade
    Take care man.

Midnight Blue
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Cool

here we go. close up. I don't think there is anything wrong with custom jobs. You get what you pay for is my thoughts. You pay for quality and to make sure it's done right.
    Click for full size
    First off.......Your car is absolutely awesome...love the color and love the flames !! Great job !!

Second of all...I'm fairly new to posting pics and I want to know how you guys are posting the pics to fit the size of the page ??? I have posted pics and they just come up on the post as little thumb nails that you have to click on to see a larger version ??? Sorry it's off topic !!! HELP !

Thank you guys

Oh...yeah...did I say I loved the paint job....lol !!!

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Keep It Original

Sounds like a good upgrade philosophy to me. I think that was because my vehicle is always garaged and have only 10,000 miles on it since 2001. I try to keep it original I guess.

Matthew

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

nws Image Insert

To post image in Original size, you need to click on the button that saids INSERT IMAGE.. not the one that saids Image as a THUMB........

Click on the one that is right under the blue left Arrow undo and past your link into the box.

Hey, you have a Midnight blue.. you have have the white anniversary stripe on that puppy. I was just thinking if you did, it probably looks pretty nice.

Matthew

Matthew

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up A Cruiser- Custom Job

I just ran across this one....... this also looks pretty flawless and unique. I typically don't like convertibles but this one is really styling for a cruising!!!

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Well, I've had my '86 bird repainted over the old paint with no problems of it sticking. Just a budget job too. Next time though, I am going to take it all the way down to the metal and fix all the rust.
    Anyhoo, as for repainting what we are on subject for, if I had a money tree in the yard, I'd repaint and do a custom job to my TA even though there is really nothing too wong with the current factory paint. My philosophy is if something needs replaced, might as well upgrade it. Whatever it is, parts, paint, etc. The sidestripes on my TA are vinyl. When it needs re-done, I'm going to look into having them painted. That's the way I work. If it ain't broke, I (usually) don't fix it. But when I do, I upgrade
    Take care man.
    Yeah, getting mine painted on at some point as well.

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Take care man.
    Your 86 was all metal except for the bumpers though right? the 4th gens are only metal in the quarters.. My was repainted before i bought it and its pretty much coming right off beucase it wasnt taken down to the base. Painting over the old paint with theses cars from what i can tell is not a good idea.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Angry Non Metal Parts- All Composite

Thank you very much.....OEM paint is the best for all the right reasons. One crack or dent from a paint job and the paint begins to give way.

When rocks debris hit the original OEM paint, there would be a chip... on the other hand, on a second paint job, that chip would enlarge and crack over time. That's the way I see it.

Your paint job would have held up better had they sanded it down to the primer. That would have cost you an arm and a leg of a paint job. Oh besides that, a non original factory paint job's clear coat fade much quicker as well. All I can tell you is maintain the factory paint job. You only can have so many coats of paint on your car. The 4th generation body's are all made of those composites. I believe the majority of the vehicle bodies are made that way these days. I have first hand witness the result of crashed a TA.... it's nuts to see it all made of these composites that purely crack and disinergate upon collision. The OEM hood on all Birds are made of that composite as well. No Metal panels.

Matthew

Page 76 of 336 FirstFirst ... 2636465672737475767778798096106116126176226276326 ... LastLast

Thread Information