Page 214 of 336 FirstFirst ... 1464114164174184194210211212213214215216217218234244254264314 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 6705
Like Tree116Likes

Official Show your Birds thread!

This is a discussion on Official Show your Birds thread! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; KNIGHT X, cool....

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

KNIGHT X, cool.

NAVY BLUE METALLIC
    1999 FORMULA M6 HARD TOP

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    I wanna see a front angle and rear pic from farther away. Looks good
    As soon as get some from the front I'll post them. I need to take my Formula to a better location to take some decent pictures .

Last edited by knight721; 04-09-2009 at 05:53 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Last edited by onetroubledguy; 04-09-2009 at 07:43 PM.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    hahahaha, sorry but i have to do this!!!

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    above was how i bought the car, here is how she looks now.

i have bought an assload of parts for the car, but have not installed them yet. once i get the car painted its final color of either Dark Grey Metallic or a Dark Red Metalliac, then all the suspension and interior parts will be installed...

named her "Skunk"...

Black
    1999 WS6 Ram Air Trans-Am

Great job
    What a change!

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am WS6

So was it worth buying it in that condition or would you have rather purchased a "new" one? I've always wanted to pick up a trashed bird then fix it up, but do you save money in the long run?

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by onetroubledguy View Post
    So was it worth buying it in that condition or would you have rather purchased a "new" one? I've always wanted to pick up a trashed bird then fix it up, but do you save money in the long run?
    considering the price that i got the car for (PM sent), and the $1000 or so spent on new brakes, rotors, headlight motors, passenger side O2, EGR valve, catalytic converter, tint removal, transmission mount, yes to me it's worth it.

paint was a garage job just to simply make the car look good while driving it and while it sits. i plan to tear into it after moving into the new house at the end of this month.

this includes: OEM ram air hood, OEM ram air box, bilstien hd's and eibach sportlines, window motors, racing seat, harness bar, 4-pt harnesses, smoked front corner lenses, newer center console, newer door panels, hurst shifter. thats just what i can think of off the top of my head. i have all these parts already as i have been aquiring them along the way, all at very good prices from other members, ebay, or sadly new in the case of the cat, O2 sensor, brakes, etc...

even in the condition now, what i paid for it and the $$$ to date put into it, i could still flip it for i would say $1500 to $2000 profit. so yes to me its worth it to have a fixer-upper and do to it what i want to versus spending more for a better condition, simply to do the same. most people wont choose to spend the money on a car that in better shape (body/paint wise), that doesnt need paint just to repaint it to a color they want. finding a car that needs a little TLC, in my case, the car needs paint and other stuff. it just made sense. plus it is a coupe and a 6spd. not many in that combination were produced, and certainly not that many still out on the road today. i see it as saving one from the crusher...

for example it was cheaper for me to buy racing seats and do a rear seat delete (which is what i had planned to do), versus trying to re-upholster the leather interior thats is nothing but cracked, ripped, torn, that's currently in the car...

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

considering the price that i got the car for (PM sent), and the $1000 or so spent on new brakes, rotors, headlight motors, passenger side O2, EGR valve, catalytic converter, tint removal, transmission mount, yes to me it's worth it.

paint was a garage job just to simply make the car look good while driving it and while it sits. i plan to tear into it after moving into the new house at the end of this month.

this includes: OEM ram air hood, OEM ram air box, bilstien hd's and eibach sportlines, window motors, racing seat, harness bar, 4-pt harnesses, smoked front corner lenses, newer center console, newer door panels, hurst shifter. thats just what i can think of off the top of my head. i have all these parts already as i have been aquiring them along the way, all at very good prices from other members, ebay, or sadly new in the case of the cat, O2 sensor, brakes, etc...

even in the condition now, what i paid for it and the $$$ to date put into it, i could still flip it for i would say $1500 to $2000 profit. so yes to me its worth it to have a fixer-upper and do to it what i want to versus spending more for a better condition, simply to do the same. most people wont choose to spend the money on a car that in better shape (body/paint wise), that doesnt need paint just to repaint it to a color they want. finding a car that needs a little TLC, in my case, the car needs paint and other stuff. it just made sense. plus it is a coupe and a 6spd. not many in that combination were produced, and certainly not that many still out on the road today. i see it as saving one from the crusher...

for example it was cheaper for me to buy racing seats and do a rear seat delete (which is what i had planned to do), versus trying to re-upholster the leather interior thats is nothing but cracked, ripped, torn, that's currently in the car...
    i wanna do this too. buy a cheap late 4th gen black ta and completely redo it and strip it. good call, you should post up pics of it and show us the progress after your done, specially the interior. gotta say progress looks good, and as for saving another from the crusher good job. looks good so far

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Thumbs up

Beautiful job, congrats.
    FAST 90/90, SLP Lid, Kooks JetHot Coated LT's, American Racing Y-Pipe+Magnaflow Cats, DHM Electric Cutout, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, HP Tuners Software, 343 rwhp.

BMR Convertible Subframe Connectors, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace, BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop.

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Very good job. Looks awesome compared to how you got it.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Click for full size
    This looks very familiar

NAVY BLUE METALLIC
    1999 FORMULA M6 HARD TOP

Here is a Knight rider gag that I did with my formula. Sorry for the poor quality. I did this with my cell phone. My kids and I had a good laugh with it, hope you guys find it funny too.
    http://video.cardomain.com/clip.aspx...9878074CEDA54D

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by knight721 View Post
    Here is a Knight rider gag that I did with my formula. Sorry for the poor quality. I did this with my cell phone. My kids and I had a good laugh with it, hope you guys find it funny too.
    Found the new mustang KITT scanner on ebay today.. its very cheap, always wanted to rig up remote start and the scanner.

I had one of my stepbrothers friend point out the door of my dads house when I was pulling up one day and asked why I drove the batmobile...

I wish more people knew about knightrider

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am M6

2000 model Pewter 6 speed

NAVY BLUE METALLIC
    1999 FORMULA M6 HARD TOP

Great looking TA. Love the hood.

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

ahhh hahah i love it! My dad could appreciate this a lot more than me though im gonna have to show him this.

NAVY BLUE METALLIC
    1999 FORMULA M6 HARD TOP

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    ahhh hahah i love it! My dad could appreciate this a lot more than me though im gonna have to show him this.
    I'm Glad you got a kick out of it. I am a big fan of the old series. I wish they would make a movie but with a 4th Gen TA in stead of a mustang.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am M6

Great looking TA. Love the hood.
    Thanks! Nice looking ride you have there also!

Black
    2000 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by black crowe View Post
    Click for full size
    Thats the hood i'm looking for, where can I get one?
    Nice car.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by mdevecchio View Post
    Thats the hood i'm looking for, where can I get one?
    Nice car.
    I bought it from Suncoast Creations out of Florida. It is their Raptor style hood and it was $695 and $125 for shipping. Here is a link.

http://www.suncoastramairhoods.com/e...categoryID=190

Page 214 of 336 FirstFirst ... 1464114164174184194210211212213214215216217218234244254264314 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information