Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Official: No New Firebird

This is a discussion on Official: No New Firebird within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; someones already posted up asking to get numbers of how many people would go for one. the post wasn't on ...

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

someones already posted up asking to get numbers of how many people would go for one. the post wasn't on this site but all i know is it didn't get very far. i think the birds should be left alone. goat maybe, but please let the birds rip. the greatest looking car was its last year imo, no redone bird will do the 02 ws6 justice. they'll just be rebadged camaros with a split grille

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

okay, i know that i said i didn't wanna see it redone, but i found a new concept that doesn't look too bad.

don't know if any of you have seen it or posted it up. like i said i still don't wanna see it back but it does mix the years well. would've rather of seen the 02 hood scoops vs the gen 1 scoops, same with the gen 4 spoiler and ttops would be a must, but still looks pretty good imo. but who are we kiddin it never will come back. it died and went out with a bang the last year and did us all proud

The Slow and the Broke ImportIntimidator's Avatar

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    I don't know I liked the pop up headlights personally, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    I think they're great in the daylight, tucked away behind the sexy covers. But I also do a fair amount of cruising in the dark and am not totally a fan of them when they are flipped up

1,320 bad ass

black
    98 formula

Thumbs up

I know this was an old thread... bUt it's funny to see how mistaken many of you WERE!! "the new camaro will be a flop" it'l be slow and mustangs will beat it" It'll never compete with other sports cars like the charger, vette" Well, the verdict is out... and the details are 426 hp with the v-8, 300 hp from the v-6, awesome gass mileage to boot. i still think they got the styling wrong but it'll be a) fast b) awesomly decorated with brembo brakes, 4 link suspension (indipendent) ram air and a cowl induction style hood, many 69 camaro "ish" features and a shit load of other goodies.. all for at or under 30k. will i buy one, probabl;y not, will i step up my LS1 mods to compete with these cars power, AND HANDELING? ABSOLUTELY!

pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by walt's 98 ta View Post
    I know this was an old thread... bUt it's funny to see how mistaken many of you WERE!! "the new camaro will be a flop" it'l be slow and mustangs will beat it" It'll never compete with other sports cars like the charger, vette" Well, the verdict is out... and the details are 426 hp with the v-8, 300 hp from the v-6, awesome gass mileage to boot. i still think they got the styling wrong but it'll be a) fast b) awesomly decorated with brembo brakes, 4 link suspension (indipendent) ram air and a cowl induction style hood, many 69 camaro "ish" features and a shit load of other goodies.. all for at or under 30k. will i buy one, probabl;y not, will i step up my LS1 mods to compete with these cars power, AND HANDELING? ABSOLUTELY!
    YES I TOTALLY AGREE THESE CARS ARE GETTING IMMENSE HP!! WE ALL HAVE TO GET BUSY!

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by walt's 98 ta View Post
    You'll have to pay a touch over 30k to get the V8 and cowl induction hood, still not a bad price. I'm considering selling my Firebird and the boat and combining that with next year's tax return to get a 2010 Camaro SS w/ RS package.
    But I probably won't. We'll see.

Red
    1995 Trans Am 6 Speed

According to CNBC and the major news networks, on Monday, GM will announce the offical 'closing' of the Pontiac line. In exchange for $$$$ from the Feds.

While folks have done some creative art work for a new Firebird, wrote/E-Mail Pontiac and spoken with their local dealers to no-end, it is all now for not.

This is an example when he car guys were shown the dollar by the business types more interested in numbers then cars. Look at Saturn, they were on a roll as the come back kid, only to be thrown out with the bath water.

While we hoped the firebird would once again rise from the ashes, now the ashes are all blowing in the wind.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro Loco View Post
    bro have you seen the price of gas lately, trucks and suv's are the fastest declining market rite now. they are gm's money maker and they arent selling I live in deep south texas where all people do is buy trucks and they arent selling the lots are full.
    The price of gas up here isnt bad compared to six months ago. I just paid $1.85 last week at Costco and im about to go fill up again. And im pretty sure its cheaper. The station up the street from it is usually 7-9 cents more and that was at $1.89 yesterday.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information