Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 149

Official: No New Firebird

This is a discussion on Official: No New Firebird within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; GM has told its Pontiac dealers that they will not be receiving a version of the upcoming Chevrolet Camaro despite ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member *JC*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Longwood, FL
    Posts
    70

    Bright Red
    '02 Firebird TA WS6

    Official: No New Firebird

    GM has told its Pontiac dealers that they will not be receiving a version of the upcoming Chevrolet Camaro despite their lobbying efforts, reports Automotive News. According to one dealer, the numbers simply didn't add up to make a financial case for the car, which would have reportedly cost $200 million to bring to market.

    http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080215....ebird-trans-am

    http://jalopnik.com/355405/no-new-po...mance-division

  2. #2
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    And here I thought that has been official for 2 years...

    Either way...good.

  3. #3
    Junior Member *JC*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Longwood, FL
    Posts
    70

    Bright Red
    '02 Firebird TA WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    And here I thought that has been official for 2 years...

    Either way...good.

    Sadly, I'm not as thrilled about this news as you?

    Guess this means my Next new Pontiac will be something 5,10,15,20,25 or 30 years old. General Motors couldn't give me a New Camaro!

    Besides the new Camaro is going to be a flop. Sure they will sell some cars but who's going to want the slow Camaro when a Mustang GT500KR or Challenger SRT8 are going to rule the roads? The New Camaro as packaged is going to make the Chevy SSR look like a success story... LOL

  4. #4
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    If the new Camaro is going to be a flop....so would the new Trans Am.


    GM can only get the Corvette right anymore.

  5. #5
    Junior Member *JC*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Longwood, FL
    Posts
    70

    Bright Red
    '02 Firebird TA WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    If the new Camaro is going to be a flop....so would the new Trans Am.


    GM can only get the Corvette right anymore.
    That could very well be so? No arguement there...

    But the reason being I believe is because they pack on stuff in the Camaro that it doesn't need and leave out what it needs the most... A Camaro not having 500 HP is going to be a waste of all their time and effort. As the Genaral is about to learn all too well...

  6. #6
    Member blackls1ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    kittanning,pa
    Age
    41
    Posts
    516

    black
    2000 ws.6 m6

    there trucks are good also

  7. #7
    402 Guru 402 Guru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    las vegas
    Posts
    261

    Red
    02 Trans Am T-tops M6

    hmm

    well that can only mean are cars are going too appreciate more that they will continue too be the latest model

  8. #8
    Senior Member Too Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,170

    Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

    Just means that as our cars get even more rare, more people will wonder "WTF was that that just passed me!!!!"

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    SYRACUSE, NY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    63

    White
    2002 T/A WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by *JC* View Post
    who's going to want the slow Camaro when a Mustang GT500KR or Challenger SRT8 are going to rule the roads?
    not sure where you are getting your info from but the new camaro won't be slow.. just the v6 will have 300hp.. the challenger srt8 only has about 425hp and it only turns 13.3 on the 1/4 (big deal, our LS1 can do that) just wait till they put out the LS3 in the camaro... prolly looking at 430hp (underrated of course)don't get me wrong, i think they did an injustice to the camaro with the style of this new car and i don't think it will sell very well but it is NOT going to be behind the mustang or challenger...

    if you ask me they are all ugly as shit and i would not take any of them.

  10. #10
    Junior Member *JC*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Longwood, FL
    Posts
    70

    Bright Red
    '02 Firebird TA WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by jkicak View Post
    not sure where you are getting your info from but the new camaro won't be slow.. just the v6 will have 300hp.. the challenger srt8 only has about 425hp and it only turns 13.3 on the 1/4 (big deal, our LS1 can do that) just wait till they put out the LS3 in the camaro... prolly looking at 430hp (underrated of course)don't get me wrong, i think they did an injustice to the camaro with the style of this new car and i don't think it will sell very well but it is NOT going to be behind the mustang or challenger...

    if you ask me they are all ugly as shit and i would not take any of them.
    Well, the Challenger isn't actually out and despite the propaganda, it could also be underrated, Who's to say?

    The "King of the Hill" Vette is going to get a sipercharged LS3

    The Mustang GT500KR is anything but slow...

    Whether you like the Retro thing or not, is a matter of personal taste. One can hardly say that the mass majority has disliked it, just look at the Mustang overall sales...Isn't it odd that General Motors reasoning for the demise of the F-body was that the cars had outlived thier uselfulness and that people just didn't want those kind of cars any longer. Wow, Ford sure found a market that was said not to exsist.

  11. #11
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Good, now maybe all this false hope will stop.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

  12. #12
    Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,677
    2000 C5 Torch Red

    Quote Originally Posted by jkicak View Post
    just wait till they put out the LS3 in the camaro... prolly looking at 430hp (underrated of course)don't get me wrong, i think they did an injustice to the camaro with the style of this new car and i don't think it will sell very well but it is NOT going to be behind the mustang or challenger...
    Hope they upgrade the torque gauge cluster past 375ft lb...

  13. #13
    URDRSRMINE Method's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Age
    35
    Posts
    266

    Black
    2001 Trans AM WS6 M6

    I'm torn:

    1- I'm glad to see they won't bastardize the design and shape I love to DEATH!

    2- I'm dissapointed the legacy won't live on, and more and more I say to people 'I own a Trans-AM', 'A what?' is my answer, sad

  14. #14
    Member whiteLS1TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    399

    Artic white
    2001 Trans am

    wouldnt it be cool if Pontiac said fuck the metro style and just picked up were they left off and started making the fbody TA's again? i mean of course faster and slightly different appearance wise, but i honestly think if they were to do that they would prolly sell way more cars. becuase i still think the fbodies are the best looking cars, im not knocking the new camaros or anything but when they put them big ass wheels on the, it kinda took away from that myscle car feel.
    thats prolly why the camaro might be slow, its got them 22's to haul around. its just my 2 cents

  15. #15
    Junior Member ScrewieStewie02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    12

    Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6 M6

    Speaking of muscle cars... I read in the paper (maybe a week ago) GM isnt going to classify the new camaro as a muscle car cuz of the "gas guzzlin/ozone polluting" image. They are going to refer to them as "High Performane Vehicles"
    I think I will stick with burnin up my 93 octane (and in a few weeks take the cats off to burn a new hole through the ozone)

  16. #16
    URDRSRMINE Method's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Age
    35
    Posts
    266

    Black
    2001 Trans AM WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by ScrewieStewie02 View Post
    Speaking of muscle cars... I read in the paper (maybe a week ago) GM isnt going to classify the new camaro as a muscle car cuz of the "gas guzzlin/ozone polluting" image. They are going to refer to them as "High Performane Vehicles"
    I think I will stick with burnin up my 93 octane (and in a few weeks take the cats off to burn a new hole through the ozone)
    Amen to that, enjoy burning gas in the free world as long as you can!

  17. #17
    NY Representative basballny2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NeW YoRk
    Posts
    3,393

    Red
    2001 ws6

    glad to see they wont be butchering it, i think the challenger is sexy as hell however

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Delaware County
    Posts
    41
    As much as I love our firebirds the dodge srt8s are no joke. I used to work on them and they rip pretty good. I saw my buddy go 12.8 in a bone stock jeep srt8. Take the same motor that pushed an suv with awd to 12.8 and put it in a car I can't see 13.3.

    It will be a shame to see that same suprised look after I smoke one.

  19. #19
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by whiteLS1TA View Post
    wouldnt it be cool if Pontiac said fuck the metro style and just picked up were they left off and started making the fbody TA's again? i mean of course faster and slightly different appearance wise, but i honestly think if they were to do that they would prolly sell way more cars. becuase i still think the fbodies are the best looking cars, im not knocking the new camaros or anything but when they put them big ass wheels on the, it kinda took away from that myscle car feel.
    thats prolly why the camaro might be slow, its got them 22's to haul around. its just my 2 cents
    our cars are out of safety spec...that's why the new one is so retardedly heavy

  20. #20
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by Method View Post
    I'm torn:

    1- I'm glad to see they won't bastardize the design and shape I love to DEATH!

    2- I'm dissapointed the legacy won't live on, and more and more I say to people 'I own a Trans-AM', 'A what?' is my answer, sad
    totally with you there, bro. its bittersweet to say the least.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale: Firebird gone! 98-02 firebird camaro parts left in my garage
    By JayTA98 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-08-2015, 05:25 PM
  2. 1972 Pontiac Firebird Vs. 2001 Firebird Formula - HPP Paveme
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2012, 07:10 PM
  3. Official Firebird wheels...
    By suede in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 08:00 PM
  4. Poniac Official Firebird Site
    By Getzen_Guy in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 10:32 AM
  5. Stock Firebird Hood off my 2000 Firebird
    By blackbird04 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2006, 08:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •