ODBII efficiency gauge?

This is a discussion on ODBII efficiency gauge? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I have a question for all you folks, knowing that some of you have done it. Several years ago, I ...

Drivin It Like I Stole It JWSmythe's Avatar
    Tampa, FL

'00 TransAm WS/6

ODBII efficiency gauge?

I have a question for all you folks, knowing that some of you have done it.

Several years ago, I put a 3 gauge A-pillar cluster in. From the top down, I have NOS pressure, vac/boost, and air/fuel mix. The NOS pressure gauge was a wonderful idea, but the needle fell off (nice job autometer), and I don't use it enough to bother getting a replacement NOS gauge.

I was thinking of replacing it with a fuel efficiency gauge. I saw the ScanGauge II, but that's rectangular, and I don't see a nice place to mount it. I'd like something similar, that would fit in the same round hole that the broken NOS gauge is currently filling. Oddly enough, I care about my efficiency when I'm commuting. Based on filling the tank and checking my mileage I know I get right around 20mpg in city/highway driving, and 26mpg on long highway trips (I-10 from nowhere to nowhere). Well, that's driving conservatively, but a lot of my driving doesn't allow for any "spirited" driving. That, and the areas are heavily patrolled, and the police wouldn't appreciate it. It would be nice to get a more intelligent answer to my fuel consumption than just watching my vac/boost and air/fuel mixture gauges.

Does anyone have any good suggestions?

1998 Trans Am

i think autometer sells one that would fit in there and plugs into the OBDII port

Thread Information