Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pajeff02

O2 Sensor Wiring Harness help

This is a discussion on O2 Sensor Wiring Harness help within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Been getting P1153 or P0153 code, both of which are Heated O2 Sensor Insufficient Switching Bank 2 Sensor 1. Have ...

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Thumbs up O2 Sensor Wiring Harness help

Been getting P1153 or P0153 code, both of which are Heated O2 Sensor Insufficient Switching Bank 2 Sensor 1. Have Pacesetter ceramic coated long tubes. Post cat O2's have been tuned out. The O2's that are installed now have been spliced in before my purchase of the car. I don't know what brand they are. The wiring harness on the factory wiring I think has purple, tan, brown, tan. Just wondering if anyone has spliced in aftermarket O2's that were wired with different colors and which colors go with which colors??? The factory connectors are way up near the side of the oil pan. The passenger side O2 sensor is about 24 inches away from the factory connector. I know it is going to have to be spliced but don't want to ruin the sensor by wiring it up wrong... HELP!!! Thanks in advance.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Spliced connections on an O2 sender are generally a bad idea. Grab a set of Bosch P/N 13111 sensors that have a nice long harness and install those. No splicing or extensions required.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Spliced connections on an O2 sender are generally a bad idea. Grab a set of Bosch P/N 13111 sensors that have a nice long harness and install those. No splicing or extensions required.
    I agree Jeff, but it wasn't my choice. I bought it the way it is now. So, the Bosch 13111's have really long pigtails? Does the connector mate up with the factory connector?

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Absolutely. I even ran the driver side wire across the front of the transmission, up the side of the engine and crossed back over to plug into the harness connector.

Red

Absolutely. I even ran the driver side wire across the front of the transmission, up the side of the engine and crossed back over to plug into the harness connector.

Click for full size
    Ok Jeff, I'll take your word for it and get some Bosch 13111's. Thanks man.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    Ok Jeff, I'll take your word for it and get some Bosch 13111's. Thanks man.
    I saw a technical information write up on the Bosch sensors and the 13111 is listed as having a 51" harness. Was yours that long? That would be ideal. Does anyone know where to find 13111's? Thanks
    Last edited by herculesrider1; 08-05-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I purchased mine at Autozone and some members have bought them on-line. It is long, and works great with LT's, that's all I know.

Red

I purchased mine at Autozone and some members have bought them on-line. It is long, and works great with LT's, that's all I know.
    Thanks Jeff, you seem to be the only one chiming in on this post. I found two Bosch 13111's online for $39 each brand new off of eBay and should be here in four days free shipping... Thanks for all your help man.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'15 Hemi Truck

I picked up the one's he is recommending from Oreilly about 3 months ago and they work great...they are designed for the C5 corvette "same thing as what our cars come with stock but with a longer wire" and they work great with long tubes. I've got a thread going on here somewhere about these and how I fixed the same issue.

Almost forgot...I had codes throwing for both the driver and passenger side o2 sensors but I read somewhere else that the passenger side is notorious for making the driver side code pop up even if its ok. I replaced just the passenger side o2 and the SES light went off...so they were right.
    Last edited by theorangeguy; 08-06-2013 at 12:00 PM.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I believe the Bosch P/N for the stock replacement sensors is 13444 - but these have a short harness. TOG is correct, the 13111's are a Corvette replacement sensor and I have been told that they have "faster switching" but nothing to back that up with.

Red

I believe the Bosch P/N for the stock replacement sensors is 13444 - but these have a short harness. TOG is correct, the 13111's are a Corvette replacement sensor and I have been told that they have "faster switching" but nothing to back that up with.
    When I call Advance or Napa or AutoZone, they try and give me the 13444's and say that they can't even order from the wholesaler the 13111's. So, I was forced to go online and they are all over the place specially eBay. Then they try and sell me a universal at the auto parts store and I just nicely tell them thank you, talk to you later. Hopefully the Bosch 13111's will be around for a while, because I don't ever plan on selling my T/A, and I will most likely need more 13111's 100,000miles from now.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I always try to walk in with the part number in hand and don't let them look stuff up for me. I just pulled it up on Autozone's site and they have it listed for $61.99.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    When I call Advance or Napa or AutoZone, they try and give me the 13444's and say that they can't even order from the wholesaler the 13111's. So, I was forced to go online and they are all over the place specially eBay. Then they try and sell me a universal at the auto parts store and I just nicely tell them thank you, talk to you later. Hopefully the Bosch 13111's will be around for a while, because I don't ever plan on selling my T/A, and I will most likely need more 13111's 100,000miles from now.
    Don't tell them what kind of car it's for because this isn't going to show up as a replacement for a trans am and they probably have no clue that these even work in an Fbody...every parts store in my area had them. Oreilly was the cheapest and that's where I bought mine at. If you get on advanced, auto zone, or oreilly's site you'll find them. I would buy it online and do an in store pickup.

I listed my car as a 2000 corvette on oreilly's site to make it easier to find and clicked through the parts menus for o2 replacements for that vehicle until I found it. Took maybe 3 minutes...
    Last edited by theorangeguy; 08-06-2013 at 06:23 PM.
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Black / White

Part # is 15703 for autozone

Red

I'll remember this Patrick, thanks man

Thread Information