Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

silver
    1999 T/A WS6 A4

Unhappy Not the post I was going to make.

Well its only Tuesday and its been one really bad week so far and this just tops it off.

First I'm basically jobless, as of Monday. The wheels that took 5 weeks to get here, one of them is out of round. The road force machine was showing over 100, the guy said 35 is the limit (looked like an egg when it was spinning). Now all the BS to exchange it. Coming back from the tire place today a guy pulls out of a parking lot and hits me. Looks like a door and a qrtr panel, maybe the rear bumper peice, havn't looked that close yet. Now i'm waiting for the claims dept. to call back. Decided to go thru my insurance and let them get the money back from his insurance, one less headache for me, cause you know this is going to be expensive (oem stuff only) and they aren't going to want to pay. On a good note, he had insurance, no one got hurt, I like the wheels I did get put on, and somehow he missed that wheel in the pic. Guess I'll try to quit smoking next week.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by gbd99ws6 View Post
    Well its only Tuesday and its been one really bad week so far and this just tops it off.

Click for full size

First I'm basically jobless, as of Monday. The wheels that took 5 weeks to get here, one of them is out of round. The road force machine was showing over 100, the guy said 35 is the limit (looked like an egg when it was spinning). Now all the BS to exchange it. Coming back from the tire place today a guy pulls out of a parking lot and hits me. Looks like a door and a qrtr panel, maybe the rear bumper peice, havn't looked that close yet. Now i'm waiting for the claims dept. to call back. Decided to go thru my insurance and let them get the money back from his insurance, one less headache for me, cause you know this is going to be expensive (oem stuff only) and they aren't going to want to pay. On a good note, he had insurance, no one got hurt, I like the wheels I did get put on, and somehow he missed that wheel in the pic. Guess I'll try to quit smoking next week.
    Oh man! that's a bummer.. Looks like it's even pulled away from the sail panel too. Hope everything works out for ya. Some people just dont watch what they are doing behind the wheel. Good Luck
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Ouch! Since bad things seem to happen in "threes" -- you should be all clear for quite a while. Good luck with everything.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I actually have a shop and do paint and body work and from what I can see it looks worse that it is. Since he missed the rim at leat that's ok and your axle doesn't need to be swapped. Seen that before on a similar hit.

Looks like a new door skin(minor), 1/4 panel( not too bad of a job, new rear bumper cover, and some new trim. Also i would push for new door lettering since it doesn'r always come off and go back on after this amount of time.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

damn if there were no downs there would be no ups (I know that doesn't help)

silver
    1999 T/A WS6 A4

Update, claims dept told me I could pick the body shop , so I took her to the shop today, 3500.00 was his estimate, door, quarter and bumper cover, plus all the little odds and ends. Parts were only 1300 all the rest is labor and paint, mostly labor. Now just waiting on the adjuster to ok it, should be Monday. Really don't see a problem since their going to get the money back from the other guys insurance anyways.

silver
    1999 T/A WS6 A4

Adjuster came by today, pretty cool guy, he really liked the car. Don't want to say much on a public board lets just say I know its going to get fixed right. Right now I'm very

RyanJM I was going to push for the door lettering (thanks for the advice) but I didn't even have to ask for it. He told me I'd get it.

None

What Insur company?
    Very cool ending to a bad story...

White
    2002 WS6

bad day....don't quit smoking...never give up

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Glad to see a good ending to this story. At least about your car. Now, if you can get a good job, things will be golden again.

Drivin It Like I Stole It JWSmythe's Avatar

Pewter
    '00 TransAm WS/6

I felt bad about my recent accident. A lady decided she needed to be in my lane more than I did. She only rubbed my fender, door, busted my passenger mirror, and bent both front wheels. She bent one with her car. I tried to brake and swerve , but that didn't help. She shoved me into the cement median.

The paint job was done quick, which I was happy about. It took about 3 weeks to get new wheels. They couldn't find the stock wheels anywhere. Her insurance inspector works out of a local GM dealership, which happens to be next door to my office. After 3 days in a rental SUV, I told them to give me my car back and call me when they had the wheels. It's amazingly frustrating to have the front end shaking over 45mph. As soon as I got it back, I ran it up to 90 to make sure it was ok. They said the stock 17" wheels were $1000/ea from the only place they could find them. I told them they could cut me a check for $2000, and I'd figure out something else. That would have bought me some decent new wheels and tires.

I was an ass about it though. I told them that I couldn't, under any circumstances, have mismatched wheels. Either they put the original wheels on, or buy me 4 new ones. I told them a set of Corvette wheels would be fine, but they didn't seem to like that idea.

Your post got my attention, because mine is the same color WS/6. Dammit, they're out to get us!

silver
    1999 T/A WS6 A4

Quote Originally Posted by SS02 View Post
    What Insur company?
    Very cool ending to a bad story...
    Mine is State Farm, never heard of the other guys thats why I went thru mine, figured State Farm has the time and resources to better deal with his company than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedtwentyeight View Post
    bad day....don't quit smoking...never give up
    No problem their, learned a long time ago to never give up. Do have to stop smoking been doing it for over 20yrs, not to mention all the damn new taxes on tobacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Glad to see a good ending to this story. At least about your car. Now, if you can get a good job, things will be golden again.
    I'm glad about the ending to, now the wait... till I get the car back. Hell right now I'll take a bad job.

Quote Originally Posted by JWSmythe View Post
    I felt bad about my recent accident. A lady decided she needed to be in my lane more than I did. She only rubbed my fender, door, busted my passenger mirror, and bent both front wheels. She bent one with her car. I tried to brake and swerve , but that didn't help. She shoved me into the cement median.

The paint job was done quick, which I was happy about. It took about 3 weeks to get new wheels. They couldn't find the stock wheels anywhere. Her insurance inspector works out of a local GM dealership, which happens to be next door to my office. After 3 days in a rental SUV, I told them to give me my car back and call me when they had the wheels. It's amazingly frustrating to have the front end shaking over 45mph. As soon as I got it back, I ran it up to 90 to make sure it was ok. They said the stock 17" wheels were $1000/ea from the only place they could find them. I told them they could cut me a check for $2000, and I'd figure out something else. That would have bought me some decent new wheels and tires.

I was an ass about it though. I told them that I couldn't, under any circumstances, have mismatched wheels. Either they put the original wheels on, or buy me 4 new ones. I told them a set of Corvette wheels would be fine, but they didn't seem to like that idea.

Your post got my attention, because mine is the same color WS/6. Dammit, they're out to get us!
    Sorry to hear about that, beleive me I know how it feels. I saw it coming, had nowhere to go a van in front of me and a car beside me in the turn lane. Nasty feeling in your stomach when you hear the impact.
    So what happened with the wheels? And I don't beleive not wanting mismatched wheels is being an ass.
    I'll agree with that " they're out to get us" they need to put us on a protected species list.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

state farm rocks,i had progressive 2 years ago when i hit a deer in my monte carlo ss and they gave me a bunch of sh*t about where i wanted to get it fixed,i had to get pretty stern with them to get my car fixed right.screw progressive,and state farm coverage is about $150 a month cheaper too.

Drivin It Like I Stole It JWSmythe's Avatar

Pewter
    '00 TransAm WS/6

Sorry to hear about that, beleive me I know how it feels. I saw it coming, had nowhere to go a van in front of me and a car beside me in the turn lane. Nasty feeling in your stomach when you hear the impact.
    So what happened with the wheels? And I don't beleive not wanting mismatched wheels is being an ass.
    I'll agree with that " they're out to get us" they need to put us on a protected species list.
    Most of my accidents have been people screwing up around me. People wonder why I speed on the interstates, just to slow down between groups of traffic. It's simply to stay away from other drivers.

He insurance covered everything. After about a month, they finally got the right wheels in, and put them on. They were obviously shiner. I didn't realize the condition mine were in. They looked good, but not the beautiful look of the front ones. I spent a day polishing my rear wheels so they matched the front. Now its all good. I found a dent in one of my rear wheels though, so I'll either have to go get another new one, or live with it for a while. They may be able to balance it out better than it is, I just haven't gone to the shop yet. It's not terrible, but just enough to notice. I may have tread damage on the front. The guy in the shop said my front tires already had 3 patches and a plug. I knew that was BS. I've only very rarely had a tire on this car plugged, and that was only for long enough to get new tires ordered. I think they said it, so they wouldn't have to cover any tire damage.

Now, I just want to buy 4 new wheels and 4 new tires to put on them, so I can have a fresh start. Funds are tight these days, so it'll be a while before that happens.

silver
    1999 T/A WS6 A4

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    state farm rocks,i had progressive 2 years ago when i hit a deer in my monte carlo ss and they gave me a bunch of sh*t about where i wanted to get it fixed,i had to get pretty stern with them to get my car fixed right.screw progressive,and state farm coverage is about $150 a month cheaper too.
    Yes State Farm does rock. I switched to them about 12yrs ago for everything house, cars, etc. Can't remember who I had before but the were idiots. I was coming home from work and a guy ran a stop sign, I tried my best to get around his rear but at 60 you cover a lot of ground quick and I caught the last 2 feet of his truck, then he took off. Insurance company told me they were going to raise my rates cause it was partialy my fault, said I should have swerved further, didn't even care what the accident report said, told me they decide fault not the police. Dropped them right after I got their check. Went to State Farm, the woman their said that wasn't you're fault and it was a hit and run, won't be a problem.

Most of my accidents have been people screwing up around me. People wonder why I speed on the interstates, just to slow down between groups of traffic. It's simply to stay away from other drivers.

He insurance covered everything. After about a month, they finally got the right wheels in, and put them on. They were obviously shiner. I didn't realize the condition mine were in. They looked good, but not the beautiful look of the front ones. I spent a day polishing my rear wheels so they matched the front. Now its all good. I found a dent in one of my rear wheels though, so I'll either have to go get another new one, or live with it for a while. They may be able to balance it out better than it is, I just haven't gone to the shop yet. It's not terrible, but just enough to notice. I may have tread damage on the front. The guy in the shop said my front tires already had 3 patches and a plug. I knew that was BS. I've only very rarely had a tire on this car plugged, and that was only for long enough to get new tires ordered. I think they said it, so they wouldn't have to cover any tire damage.

Now, I just want to buy 4 new wheels and 4 new tires to put on them, so I can have a fresh start. Funds are tight these days, so it'll be a while before that happens.

Yup I drive them same way, you have to. The guy bringing me home from the body shop today almost got side-swipped he had to nail the brakes, other guy just kept coming over, never even looked our way.
    I figure its probably just enough for you to notice, I'm the same way I notice every little thing with my car that other people just don't seem to see at all. Still bugs the hell out of me. Guess its because I know its their.
    Yeah funds are getting tight everywhere nowadays, no more modding for a while.

silver
    1999 T/A WS6 A4

Last update, got the car back today. YEAH!!! Looks good again. Even got a scratch fixed that was on the fender. Bad thing is now I don't want to drive it anywhere "sigh".....

Awaiting Activation

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

man sorry to see that hope everything goes ok with the repair

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

At least you where there when it happened. My car was backed into in a parking lot at my former job and the guy was nice enough to drive off after destroying my front end. Also didnt have a license plate on the car so we couldnt track him down from the video of it. So i got stuck with covering the insurance premium. But a few hundred is better then the 2500 that the hood alone unpainted could of costed me from GM. Also found out one of my rims where bent on the front but since I could not prove it happened when it was hit they refused to cover the cost of a new one. Luckily it was very small so I just moved it to the back of the car and never notice it now. Biggest problem im having now is the paint that is barely a year old on the front bumper is peeling off but once again since it didnt happen in a certain time period im screwed.
    Last edited by raynor139; 04-27-2009 at 04:44 PM.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Sorry bro about the luck but im sure she will be better looking than before!

White
    1998 Trans Am

Adjuster came by today, pretty cool guy, he really liked the car. Don't want to say much on a public board lets just say I know its going to get fixed right. Right now I'm very

RyanJM I was going to push for the door lettering (thanks for the advice) but I didn't even have to ask for it. He told me I'd get it.
    Whenever I have to talk to an adjuster i make a list of all the minor things. Otherwise i'd forget and then it's a pain to get it outta them later. Always shoot for new trim and lettering in any car when you get in an accident so after paint when you install it you can't tell it was ever hit. Even one crooked letter or a reused on with too much 3m tape is a giveaway
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Thread Information