Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

no love for the f-bodies

This is a discussion on no love for the f-bodies within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; That is one of the down sides of haveing a T/A. Everybody thinks they want a piece of you. So ...

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

That is one of the down sides of haveing a T/A. Everybody thinks they want a piece of you. So you get to go brag , '"I beat a Grand am, or a civic, or a old truck. Sometimes it is not worth the effort . I do agree HerLoss

red
    04 pontiac gto

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth
    That is one of the down sides of haveing a T/A. Everybody thinks they want a piece of you. So you get to go brag , '"I beat a Grand am, or a civic, or a old truck. Sometimes it is not worth the effort . I do agree HerLoss
    ya i remeber one time tis honda civic hatchback pulls up at the light next to me.no this car must be like 10 different colors so im laughing at the guy and he starts getting pissed and revs his enigine omg this car sounded like a lawn mower.so the light turns green and im fucking with him letting him keep up a bit but i couldnt take the high pitch noise from his car anymore and just hit the gas and burnt his ass.dude pulls up to the next light like a few secs after me and was like wow man that shits is fast.i just laugh said thanks and before i took off said do something about your lawn mower

Necction
    Its kinda a problem though. This summertime I pullup to a stoplight. On my Right is some douche in a neon. On green he just peels out of the intersection. I accelerate normally, dont even bother racing. At this point the neon is way ahead of me. Cop comes out of nowhere and pulls ME over, totally letting the guy in the neon go.

Cop accuses ME of street racing. He had this giddy face on and was all like "yeah you were street racing with your budy eh". I was like "man if I WAS racing, you would have pulled me over like 20 miles down the road ahead of the neon". He only let me go without a charge cuz he couldnt pull the other guy over. Totally lame.

Attending F-Body Expert Herloss's Avatar
    Beverly Hills, Malibu, Laguna Beach, Hollywood....I WISH.

Triple White Convertible
    1997 WS6 'Vert Trans Am

I get this kind of shit all the time. I don't like driving my Z28 in the "winter" and I don't unless it's one of those 45 degree sunny days we have been having here in Indiana... but I'm telling you, the summer: All you see are dipsticks wanting to race you in shit that has no possible hope of even staying with you! I drive my T/A 'Vert in the summer and the Z. Hell, even my Dodge Ram has straight pipes and sounds mean.... but it's a 1997 with the 5.9 360 and 138,000 miles -- a 4X4 so the sound is much, much more "mean" than the acceleration but I have the kids wanting to play. You guys are right... What is the fun in blowing away a Neon, or Grand Am (and I don't dislike Grand Am's at all, or the ricer that cannot help but think he is going to be the next Vin Diesel in a UNFast and NOTFurious movie...... I remember the good 'ol days -when I was just about 20, seems like there were more "fast" cars out there.... then I get the T/A and I have the fast car! My rule of thumb - as I have been busted for street racing..... if it isn't worth it (meaning you KNOW you will "whoop" their ass) why bother? If you JUST HAVE to do it (maybe a hot chick in their car or watching.... fair game, gamble the chances of 5-0 getting you) The way I like to do it is if I am NOT sure if I can get their ass, then it's game on. Never lost a race yet.... mainly cause I never get to race anything worth a shit.

Nothing makes you laugh harder than pulling up or having one pull up next to you and it sounds like your kitchen blender or lawn mower and with the supersized fart can peeking out the back! Geez, that's hillarious. I made myself laugh!!!! HerLoss

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

I've had 6 of both the Stangs and the F-bodies and I gotta say that I like The TA the most, but my last new car purchase (2000) was an 01 GT and here's why:

I wanted a V8, stick shifted, RWD car that could get out of it's own way and was less than my 30k cap from the credit union. Naturally a WS-6 vert popped in my brain...wait, scratch that idea, 30k is the max...kill the vert -- oh and the WS-6 option. Well, I can still get a TA with a stick and t-tops for 28k and still look sweet. I wanted black/black leather, period, no compromises, no subs. found 7 of em. autos. I said I wanted a stick, well, I'll look at Camaros, too, what the hell...

so i'm settling for a silver M6 SS for 26................no. if it's not black/black, I don't want it, so I'll order it for the same price! nice guy! my 2.5 months of shopping is finally over (Nov. 2000 now). they can not guarantee delivery before April. wait, that's 6 months. I drive a crappy 90 Stang I want out of...now.

So out of curiosity I looked at the 00 GT vert...that I could get for the same 26k, but no one had the triple black i wanted...so I asked about ordering and the guy was scared to tell me i'd have it by New Years' Day.

so I get the vert, the stick, the V8 RWD made in the USA ride and get rid of my crappy car all in a month's time? sounds like a no brainer to me and I picked up my 01 GT Vert 12/27/00...

I said all that to say that ever since 93 (I had a 93 Formula, you could not order any 93's only dealer stock was avail), ordering an F-body was a nightmare for a lot of folks I know and Stangs, even though they were a LOT slower (although my GT was as quick as an LT-1), were friggin available in just about any color and configuration at dealer lots. i know i wasn't waiting 6 months for a car and lot of other people feel the same way.

I hope I didn't bore too many folks with that little narrative, but I guess I wanted to show it from the perspective a non-biased (I don't hate Stangs, belong to a club as a matter of fact) owner of both rides

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

I just looked at my post and the ones above it...it looked a little out of place...I have to admit i didn't read all 84 posts, so I'm replying to the first few...maybe I'm just tired

oh who cares, lol
    95 Exploder

01 R1 coming?

Torch Red
    2003 Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by lee1rbc
    OK you be the judge.
    Attachment 2418

I can't see the pic after I finished reading the thread. But I picked 3 outa 5 stangs.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Hey Fedge I also have a Mark VIII a 98, whats wrong with yours. Heater dont work either ....LOL

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

and you got one wrong . The 75 is a Pinto not a Mustang.

juiced00ss
    I totally see what your talking about, I live in bridgewater ma, and there are so many punks that have fairly stock 5.0s or 4.6s and they think there the shit. I do however see more ws6 ta then i do ss camaros.My older brother has a 2002 shitstang gt with some fairly good mods, my car stock always would blow the doors off him. Guess your right not too much love for F bodies

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

You know it has turned towards a T/A thread for a while. I think you see more Camaro and Z28s, but I hardle ever see a SS. I like the look of the 98+ Camaros esp SS.

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth
    Hey Fedge I also have a Mark VIII a 98, whats wrong with yours. Heater dont work either ....LOL
    heh heh, nah, my pimpmobile runs well, everything works

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by firebird99
    good facts guys keep em coming,nice write up on the cobra by the way.i read the article in car and driver a few months ago about the cobra.sounds nice on paper but how many u actually think there gonna produce.just driving to work today i seen at least 6 mustangs most of the drivers were old people.ford did have a good idea of bringing back the reto style seems to caught on with cars like the charger and the challenger being produced by dodge........whats gm got up there sleeves?????????right now is a good time to think about it being the retro style seems to be a seller....pontiac came out with the gto but too expensive for someone like me right now.ill stick to my bird for now seems be keeping me happy,only problem i seem to have with it is keepng it clean,black guys look really good freshly washed and waxed but the sec you drive it forget it its like a dirt magnet.any thoughts on how to keep it clean wthout constantly washing cause its a bit cold up here to wash all the time?most of the dirt is sand resudue left over from being dumped on the streets preventing ice.i know someone is gonna say this(just dont drive it)but it is my only vehicle.

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

i do look really good when i'm washed, but i can't i wax

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I have been noticeing in the last few weeks we are haveing more Firebirds show up at work. There is 2 blue ws6 there is also a vert and 2 more 93-97 trans ams at work. There is also more of the new mustangs but seems not as many okder ones.

Mystic Teal Metallic
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 1 of 122
    The statistic I heard in 2001 was the Mustang was outselling both F-body cars combined 2 to 1. There's the reason we don't see f-bodies around.

In my neck of the woods I see many more V6 Mustangs driven by chicks than any other pony car. (Go figure...lol) I'd say the ratio of Mustang to F-body here is 20 to 1. And I have yet to see another WS6, let alone a convertible like mine. In fact I can't remember seeing a 4th get vert. There are only a few Trans Ams and Z28s around. Seen a few SS cars but most F-bodies around have a V6. I can go weeks without seeing another F-body of any generation. And I don't have a problem with that.

But last month I saw a hot blonde driving a red LS1 Formula.
    You are on the right track. The reason there are more Mustangs than fbodies is that Mustang has out sold fbody cars almost forever. I don't think they did as well in the 80s when they went to the fox body. But GM has not produced an fbody car for 4 years now. The first 2 years after the end of the fbody, build orders for Mustang filled up by Jan. for the rest of the model year. You bought off the lot or not at all. Stopping the fbody production was the best thing to ever happen to Ford and it's a shame because dollar for dollar Mustang was no where near as fast as the fbody. Face it guys GM lost the muscle car wars. I have had 8 fbody cars in my life, I'm 50, still have 2 and will have one when I die, but that new Mustang sure looks good. I have never had a mustang but have always liked them, except the fox body. My uncle had a 69 Mach 1 with auto and 428 CJ. I was to young to drive it in 69 but it was fast. Probably the fastest fbody in 69 was the 375 hp 396 with 4 speed. I thought I got a lot of looks in my 2001 WS6 clone. I followed my cute blonde wife when she drove it home from the dealership one day. There were guys almost rear ending cars at every light. She drives a Tahoe and don't get those kind of looks.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I just wonder if it has anything to do with all the 3rd gens you used to see. In the mid 80s they were everywhere.

Cobra, Z28, GN, F250

I like my F-body

-Will

Black ASC#7564 May11,2001
    2001 Trans Am WS6

If you count Camaro by itself, Mustang out sold it all but six years. (Two in the 70s and 4 in the 80s. But, if you add the Firebird, as you should, since they are the same car, this changes things a lot. Not counting 1964-1966, there were actually more F Bodies sold than Mustangs. If the Mustang numbers I have found are correct, the F Body sold 319,049 more cars than Mustang from 1967-2002. The sales really started to go down hill for the F body in the later years.
    Overall, there are more Mustangs because they have been produced longer and are still being made.

Here is some trivia
    By the end of the 2004 production year, there were 2.35 Mustangs produced for every square mile of land in the USA. There were 1.33 Camaros per mile and 1 Firebird for every 1.35 miles of land, or there were 2.07 F Bodies per square mile of land.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Well said Darth

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information