Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

no love for the f-bodies

This is a discussion on no love for the f-bodies within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; My wife, kids and I play "slug bug" a lot and when the kids are not in the car we ...

Black ASC#7564 May11,2001
    2001 Trans Am WS6

My wife, kids and I play "slug bug" a lot and when the kids are not in the car we play "Mustang Finger In The Butt."

On one 60 mile round trip we had about 20 "Slug bugs" between us and over 200 "Mustang Finger In The Butts"! Mustangs are like roaches.

It's a good thing that we rarely slug each other for the slug bugs and better that we do not follow through with the Mustangs.

We usually just keep score and threaten each other.

dayoungone

Talking F bodeh Lovins!

I just got a f-body for my first car. I know i am young but i have strived and lived for the trans am. My grandfather had a 79 T/A my father with a 82 T/A and i carried the torch with a 96 T/A i love it. there is only one other T/A in town here. Its a 98 T/A nice black and yello paint job. But all my friends have stangs camaros and tuners so that gets kind of old. I love my F-body always will to. I burned a gt no problem . He thought he was cool acting in front of hastings

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

That is another thing that is cool about f-bodys. Does anyone want a 79 stang, I dont think so. How about a 79 T/A. Almost as much as I did when they first came out.

Black ASC#7564 May11,2001
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Yep. How many Mustang lovers would like to own a 1977 Cobra II?

How many people would like to have a 1977 Trans Am?

How many would like a 1971 Mustang Mach Boat?

How many would like a 1971 Camaro Z28?

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

i dont think most mustang owners even know what a Cobra II is.

The mach boat is pretty cool. If you see one now, it is pretty nice. You could get some nice big blocks with them. They make decent drag cars.
    A 79 mustang is still a fox body so you can interchange parts up to 93 and some more up to 04. So it does have project potential. Running carbs with more modern versions of the 5.0 and still passing emmissions etc.
    Now a cobra II is part of a really bad time in mustang history. Pretty embarassing. The whole mustang II line was a joke.
    Erich

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Maybe. I am not saying it couldnt be made into a fast car. But if a 79 Mustang was sitting beside a 79 T/A and they were both good cars.... C'mon would anybody even look at the mustang??

dayoungone
    I loves me T/A.

At this point, the Trans am would be the no brainer. Unless you have a collectors interest in the 79 mustang pace car. The T/A is a rarer breed. The 79 mustang is the first of a series that got much better with time (ie. it is one of the lowest performing ones-outside of the infamous 4.2 L V8 in 80/81).
    In 79 what were the motor options on the T/A? I remember the 6.6 liter one but I think that was earlier. Then there was a turbo V8 at some point later.
    Erich

lee1rbc
    OK you be the judge.
    Attachment 2418

Black
    97 Formula

The only hard choice would be the '69 year. Both are good looking.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

WOW. Thanks for the pic. That realy goes to prove my point.

Attending F-Body Expert Herloss's Avatar
    Beverly Hills, Malibu, Laguna Beach, Hollywood....I WISH.

Triple White Convertible
    1997 WS6 'Vert Trans Am

As I said before - I appreciate cars of every year and most every make (although I am not a ricer fan, really...) and I even appreciate the Mustang.... I just wouldn't give my Trans Am up for one, nor would I my Z28. My brother, however, probably would as he is a much more "die hard" fan of them.

My whole issue is naturally you are going to have guys and girls out there who just have to say the old argument...."Mustangs SUCK and Trans Am's RULE..." or juxstapose the words around to fit in Z28, GTO .... whatever you like more than the others..... HOWEVER .... it is rather hard to deny, hard to NOT admit that sitting side by side or having one pass by on the highway.... The WS6 has got the vote, has that "look" and appeal that people recognize as "this car is not your everyday car...".

Ask a child or watch their reactions... They say it best when they point and say "cool car or awesome car!".... hear it all the time. While WE may know the modern Mustangs are not "bad".... they generally do not illicit that type of a response.

By the way, I hate to say this BUT I wanted to date this girl I met once and for the life of me, she was just being a btich, naturally, but she was quite outspoken about her fascination with Mustangs -preferrably the late 80's early 90's GT version and NO OTHER CAR could impress her. Go figure.

HerLoss

dayoungone

Owned.

Me being as young as i am with a trans am i am sure everyone would suspect a little mischief comin. Well i went off campus for lunch the other day (they allow us too BIG mistake). And i was just listing to some tunes and sitting at a red light. Sure enough a mustang gt pulls up next to me. I wasnt focused on the guy nor the car but the girl didnt look to bad. Anywho, he kinda like taunted me with his car revving etc etc. And he was like at the green light we go. I didnt say anything i just looked ahead and was waiting for that green. It hit green. I took off he was kinda right on me but after i got to a speed to avoid burning out to s*** i left him in the dust. I could see his wonderful remark in my rear view mirror. One more reason to show that love for the Trans Am
    Last edited by dayoungone; 01-26-2006 at 04:34 PM.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Im not saying Mustangs suck and Trans Ams rule........ I just say Trans am No.1 everything else No.2

I don't have my F-Body anymore, but I miss the LS1 like nothing else.

Had it half paid off, with about $9k to go, but the $320+ payments and the $320+ insurance payments every month were getting to me. But I still hung in there for two years.

I'll get another LS1 sometime and revamp my only qualms about the car.

Just for reference, it was a '99 T/A... can't post pics yet.

Too bad I don't remember my old username!!
    Last edited by torque.addicts; 01-29-2006 at 11:49 AM.

red
    04 pontiac gto

320 for insurance ...dam thats steep.i bet you musta had lots of speeding tickets or something

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Wow that is tall. Mine is only $360 every 6 months. But 31 is a age where it falls of a lot

Quote Originally Posted by firebird99
    320 for insurance ...dam thats steep.i bet you musta had lots of speeding tickets or something
    I pay that much also. No ticket or accidents, it's just because I'm 20.

Attending F-Body Expert Herloss's Avatar
    Beverly Hills, Malibu, Laguna Beach, Hollywood....I WISH.

Triple White Convertible
    1997 WS6 'Vert Trans Am

I have more INexpensive insurance cause I am 31 now and (that being the ONLY benefit of 31.....) I have pretty much stopped the road racing. Well, except when I am behind the wheel of my Z28 and some gasshole is just aching to be stomped, you know. Had one yesterday on a long stretch of highway leaving Chicago... Went to the world of wheels car show in Chitown... Interesting little show... Had the group Midwest F-body Assoc., I believe it was called.... They had about four of their cars in it. Nice to see others there!
    Anyway..... I won't generally race anything I know I can beat. Why waste gas and potentially get a ticket? I will race an azzhole, if he is just driving like an idiot - you gotta do it. OR if there is a hot girl in the car..... then it's game on. Kinda like the girl I saw at the car show yesterday. She overheard me telling my brother I wanted to find a model kit of a T/A and she is then telling me she has a '94, says to look at her shirt -she had a Trans Am shirt on..... man, I wish I had a girl like that. Hot, and likes T/A's ...... Anyway, where was I............ oh, yeah, sad I didn't get her name and number. (she had a guy standing over her shoulder).

HL

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information