Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

no love for the f-bodies

This is a discussion on no love for the f-bodies within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Im telling you a 2002 LS1 M6 makes 315rwhp stock. Look it up Dude! http://www.dynoperformance.com/searc...677&safeid=677 Cobra's weigh 3700pnds due to ...

lee1rbc
    Im telling you a 2002 LS1 M6 makes 315rwhp stock. Look it up Dude!
    http://www.dynoperformance.com/searc...677&safeid=677

Cobra's weigh 3700pnds due to spoiler, the iron block, and independent rear suspension.

I was probably turning wrenches on cars when you were still watching power rangers. Dude!

ls1BrownBoots
    Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth
    Granted. i think we are off subject a bit, but that is ok. I dont get into the rwhp vs, crank hp. I thought about getting a Mustang for a very long time. I looked very hard at a nice 01 Bullitt. But for me there is just to many GTs out there . I have always wanted something a little differint. i have had a f-body from every gen. My favorite was a 69 Firebird with the original 350. I know Ford and GM has always been at war so to spak. But at least you didnt trade for a Mitsu or Honda, remember they are the true enemy.

I like whats good. f-bodys are good cars, i happen to like the cobra a little more, i would never own a slow GT though. Cobra only. And at that only a 4 cam cobra or a 94 5.0 cobra. One complaint i have about my cobra, that the f-body did a very nice job of. I get wheel hop bad, but the rear end on my f-body was always planted. independent rear end vs solid. Rest assured, a solid rear end will be my 1st mod, that independent rear getting tossed in the trash, or more likely up on e-bay.

ls1BrownBoots
    Quote Originally Posted by lee1rbc

Cobra's weigh 3700pnds due to spoiler, the iron block, and independent rear suspension.

I was probably turning wrenches on cars when you were still watching power rangers. Dude!
    cobra is still lighter and has more power. All else is mute.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Yea I read this artical in 5.0 and Fast Mustangs, I think. They were all about that IRS.But , it was suposed to be better in cornering. Me , I like the 350 over the 4.6. I also LOVE automatic trans. over a Ford.Take it anyday.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

I dont know what your talking about. My car is nearly 8 years old and it still turns heads every where I go.

ls1BrownBoots

dude come up with better then doing a yahoo search and posting the first result you find. Gimmie a break. there is nothing on that great link you posted that even says this car is stock. And just another point, the independent rear actually has less weight then a solid. the half shafts are lighter then solid's and there is no tubes to add extra weight also.
    power rangers, come on now son. i don't care how long you have been a shady tree back yard mechanic turning wrenches, that doesn't mean you know what your talking about. i've seen mechanics w/ more ase certifications then you could fit on your living room wall fuck up cars and not know what they did wrong, and i am sure they all know more then you.
    back to that link, let me tell you, i live in massachusetts, only 45 minutes from that shop that posted the site you linked too. I even know exactly where it is! testing in 0.0% humidity!! IN APRIL!!! Maybe in texas but sure as hell not in this state! We get more wet weather in april then the city of atlantis.
    but i decided to entertain the idea that maybe they did dyno a stock camaro ss at the numbers you claim, so i did a search on their site myself. Sorry pal that camaro wasn't stock, it's actually a camaro they dyno'd on a dyno day at there shop and it had a number of mods (which they don't list because they don't know)
    better luck next time with your information though. I'll tell you what i saw a stock 2002 camaro ss run at the track though. 14.1 even have the video to prove it. Best time i have ever seen one of them run up here is very high 13's

i noticed you on another post claimed street bikes run 11's, or something about a ls1 that ran 11's beating street bikes. man now i know the bs is flowing.!! i have a video of a factory GSX-R running 9's all day long, again at new england dragway. that bike isn't exactly the fastest out there too. hayabusa anyone!!
    Last edited by ls1BrownBoots; 01-17-2006 at 09:20 PM.

ls1BrownBoots
    Yea I read this artical in 5.0 and Fast Mustangs, I think. They were all about that IRS.But , it was suposed to be better in cornering. Me , I like the 350 over the 4.6. I also LOVE automatic trans. over a Ford.Take it anyday.
    if they were all about it, they aren't any more. the new cobras due in 2007 are back to a solid rear end. of course it could be that the IRS can't handle all the power the 4 cam 5.4 supercharged engine is expected to produce as well. something like 500+ horse to the rear wheels. thats gonna break any half shaft i know about.
    GM does make a better auto tranny then anyone, ford included. no argument here. doesn't matter to me though, because cobras only come in a stick.

Quote Originally Posted by ls1BrownBoots
    better luck next time with your information though. I'll tell you what i saw a stock 2002 camaro ss run at the track though. 14.1 even have the video to prove it. Best time i have ever seen one of them run up here is very high 13's

i noticed you on another post claimed street bikes run 11's, or something about a ls1 that ran 11's beating street bikes. man now i know the bs is flowing.!! i have a video of a factory GSX-R running 9's all day long, again at new england dragway. that bike isn't exactly the fastest out there too. hayabusa anyone!!
    My friend has a 00 Camaro SS, ran 13.6 stock. I've never been to the track myself, so I can't say.
    As for the ls1 beating bikes, it also beat a Ford GT. The car was putting down a little over 600, it's called the "Termi8or" or something like that.

But whatever. I like 03/04 Cobras, but I'm not going to get into a fight here arguing about this and that.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

If you are right about the Cobras putting that much power to the ground. Gm had better come up with A Camaro or something pretty fast. I know there is the Corvette, but most people cant buy a Vette or insure one.There is also the Challenger or Charger. I am sure Dodge will come up with something to keep up with ford. I hope the Camaro comes out and everything is back to at least a level playing field.

lee1rbc
    What are you talking about? You are making false statements about me.

silver
    2002 ws6

Talking

here in Columbus,Ohio you don't see many ws6 trans am's at all mostly mustangs.

I love my body,my girlfriends body and my f-body! lol

If you are right about the Cobras putting that much power to the ground. Gm had better come up with A Camaro or something pretty fast. I know there is the Corvette, but most people cant buy a Vette or insure one.There is also the Challenger or Charger. I am sure Dodge will come up with something to keep up with ford. I hope the Camaro comes out and everything is back to at least a level playing field.
    Actually insurance would be cheaper for me if I got a 02 Z06 than my 02 WS6, by $100.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Tht is cool JB. The point I was trying to make is GM dont have anything that is in the Ponycar range. Why some might be able to afford $30k and up, most cant . I like the 4th gens , I have one, but GM still needs something new .

ls1BrownBoots
    What are you talking about? You are making false statements about me.

maybe that was some one on street fire then, i thought it was you.

Silver
    04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by firebird99
    in my area fbodies r very rare compared to mustangs.for every f-body u see theres probally 100 mustangs.i love my f-body and wouldnt trade it for any pusstang ..i mean mustang..but why is it theres no love for f-bodies in my area.i guess what im saying is f-bodies in new england area raise up and show some pride for your beauty
    sounds like north Georgia!

Attending F-Body Expert Herloss's Avatar
    Beverly Hills, Malibu, Laguna Beach, Hollywood....I WISH.

Triple White Convertible
    1997 WS6 'Vert Trans Am

Hey guys - Look, I probably speak for many of us when I say we are just plain fans of fast cars. It's all in preference -and for me, devotion. I have two F-bodies, Triple White WS6 and a '00 Z28 - neither would I trade for any other car, honestly, I cannot even see trading for a Vette. Why? Cause I will just buy the Vette and keep the two others. Seriously though. Rareness enters into the picture about what is "cool" and what is "oh..... that is nice".... Mustangs are not terrible cars. I bought one, new, in 1996. A GT. Sold it two months later and bought a Camaro - JUST MY PREFERENCE. Today, with GM having not made the F-bodies for a few years now, to see a WS6 (as they are pretty much instantly recognizable by young and old as not your average car) it is a cool sight. Hell, seeing ANY F-bodies where I live (Northern Indiana, 1.5 hrs south of Chicago) is rare...... But a Mustang........ They are common. I watched the video that the poster who traded his T/A in for the Cobra linked....... I watched the video...... While I like the sound of the car, I like the car as an admirer of all DOMESTIC MACHINES.... I personally am not impressed by it's looks (no disrespect meant to the guy who owns it) and I would never ever give up my T/A to trade.... My opinion. My brother, however, loves Z's and T/A's too. He just bought a '99 T/A... But I know him, he has a Mustang "fetish" and would trade - but I don't hate him for it. On the contrary, I would like to have another fast car in the family.
    The thing is, which I believe would be easy to see ..... If you take a Mustang, say even a Cobra, set it beside any WS6, even a SS Camaro surely, and you will find a kid or (perhaps) majority of people who instantly recognize a WS6 IS NOT your everyday "car" and while WE and SOME may know the Cobra is not quite the everyday Mustang....... They look so much like all the others, it's tough to tell them apart.

I give the F-bodies the appreciation they deserve..... Out of the box, off the factory floor, naturally aspirated and UNtricked, they kicked azz of MOST everything else. The cars that COULD kick a naturally aspirated F-bodies ass (either a Lt1 or LS1) are USUALLY blown, supercharged, turbocharged - SOMETHING..... But NOT normally aspirated, are they?

So hey, nice Mustang. Sorry you had to let a WS6 go, just glad you didn't get a 'Ricer.

HerLoss

Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

Thumbs up We should be glad that "The Musclecar Lives!"

Nice post! Very well said.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I am still awed by the hp 4th gen put to the ground. If you had to live through the early 80s and 90s. We are talking 180-200hp. No even Lt1 or LS1 putting 300hp . Times are always in the 100+ in the 1/4 mile. The best ever f-bodys are just a clicl or sunday paper away. I am glad to be around some people that like them as much as I do.

The WS6 is probably the most aggressive looking car ever made-especially in black. It is a head turner for sure. The sound is great as well. I own a pair of forced induction mustangs (97 GT supercharged, 89 LX twin turbo) but that does not stop me from really appreciating the TAs, Firebirds and camaros (esp SS). Right out of the showroom, the LS1s are just plain fast. Do some mods and they are even faster. Plus when you have that power NA, you aren't watching the weather so much.....I don't really see why you have to hate one to like the other. Other than the 03/04 cobra, mustangs need mods to keep up with the stock LS1s. Simple fact. If you like modding your car, not much problem.
    I hope GM does bring back the camaro/firebird/TA and keeps it light and fast. The mustangs are getting porky. That new shelby one will have alot of power but it is going to be like 3700 pounds.
    Erich

Black ASC#7564 May11,2001
    2001 Trans Am WS6

[QUOTE=lee1rbc]Im telling you a 2002 LS1 M6 makes 315rwhp stock. Look it up Dude!
    QUOTE]

You are correct. I have collected a LOT of dyno tests over the years on STOCK cars. The 2001-2001 M6 AVERAGES 314 hp to the wheels. I sorted the Camaros and the Firebirds and averaged them separately. They both show an average of 314 hp.
    Last edited by DarthD; 01-24-2006 at 08:54 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information