Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

red
    04 pontiac gto

no love for the f-bodies

in my area fbodies r very rare compared to mustangs.for every f-body u see theres probally 100 mustangs.i love my f-body and wouldnt trade it for any pusstang ..i mean mustang..but why is it theres no love for f-bodies in my area.i guess what im saying is f-bodies in new england area raise up and show some pride for your beauty

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

There just hatin cause they know they don't stand a chance.

polo green
    1996 Z-28SS camaro

There are mustangs everywhere around here, but when u think about it most of them are 6 cyl. where as there are a whole lot of F-bodies around here as well, and i guess what im gettin at is the f-bodie v6 to v8 ratio's are much better then the stangs, plus i also used to work at the roseville automall, so i came across alot of really fast cars

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i've noticed that in general, there are way more early 4th gen v6 fbods on the road than anything. next are v6 stangs and then mustangs in general. I swear though, ws.6's are rare ass cars to see on the road. and you're right, they don't get enough respect when we pass by people.

Necction
    Man In Canada seeing a WS6 on the road is like spotting an exotic, they are super rare. But whenever I drive by everyone just stares. Could be the true dual rumble that gets their attention, who knows

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

lets keep them rare, because of what Necction says. Thats why no one cares when they see a mustang, because there are so many of them. In my area Hartford CT, ther are practically no f bodies, there are 3 on my street, but thats like half that i see in town.
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

red
    04 pontiac gto

well like i was saying f-bodies in general v6 or v8 are rare in new england area.probally due to the snow but thats no excuse if you can drive good it should matter what it is your driving anyways,just need the proper gear for the type of weather i guess.i had to settle with getting a v6 being that fact that v8 are just so dam rare around here that no one is selling them but hey its an f-body.i had to travel an hour just to find a dealer that had a v6.its ok though cause i smoked some mustang gt with ease.go figure i thought he would kick my ass at first but once that light turned green i was ghost leaving him behind.i did do alot of mods to my car to make it perform better but still dont cha think the gt should of beat me ?

1981 g-Body

Quote Originally Posted by Necction
    Man In Canada seeing a WS6 on the road is like spotting an exotic, they are super rare.

I rather be wakeboarding SexyWS6Mama's Avatar

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 WS6

I Love Fbodies

Quote Originally Posted by SexyWS6Mama
    I Love Fbodies
    i have a f body ,,

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 T/A WS6

In my area there are a lot of sh*tstangs too. Just another reason to hate them.

ls1BrownBoots
    Quote Originally Posted by firebird99
    in my area fbodies r very rare compared to mustangs.for every f-body u see theres probally 100 mustangs.i love my f-body and wouldnt trade it for any pusstang ..i mean mustang..but why is it theres no love for f-bodies in my area.i guess what im saying is f-bodies in new england area raise up and show some pride for your beauty
    No love for the F-body? There is plenty of love. Just look at it this way, i'm a broke @ss mo-fo who wants a bad boy ride. The GT mustang is thousands less then any f-body of the same year and condition. Thats why mustang sales were more then the trans am, firebird, and camaro combined.!

Plus mustangs have their fans, myself included. I may own a trans am but i have lost NO love for the cobra. The GT is junk, i'll take my trans am, but the 4 cam cobra engine is a modern engineering marvel. The supercharged terminator cobra's are just straight up beasts.

Now ford is talking about a supercharged 4 cam 5.4 in the new shelby cobras due out in a few years. rumor has it that the car can take a sh!t on the current viper running only 8 pounds of boost. I hear pullys will be available to bump it up to 15 and the factory fuel system will be built and tuned to handle the extra boost from the factory.! And she will still run on pump gas!! Not bad for a car expected to sell starting around 35 G's in it's first FULL year of production, half the price of a viper i might add.

That engine is no junk too. the stock 6 bolt main and all forged internals are good to handle over 600 ponys to the rear wheels, if tuned and maintained properly. Plus they come with better gears from the factory, better rear ends all together to be honest, and the same t-56 tranny. It's no secret GM rear ends are junk. Even the 12 bolt which is GM's bad boy is still smaller then the 8.8" ford gives every GT mustang from the factory! GM's 12 bolt ring gear measures in at 8.5" The cobra also has a much nicer interior, and better sound system from the factory, cobra owners aren't dealing with the plastic cheese that f-body owners have. Nor do they deal with the rattles that we f-body owners know all about after 60 to 70 K or so. Cobra's come with better brakes, almost 13 inch rotors compaired to ours comming in under 12 inchs. Cobras also have 4 piston calapers, made by brembo and rebranded i might add, we don't, but i wish. To top it all off the car is lighter too. Let me also add that each cobra motor is HAND BUILT and the signatures of the 2 man team who built it are on every cobra valve cover. "this engine was hand built with pride by:"

I think the ws6 is trans am is a hot ride going down the road, and you can't beat the t-tops off on a summer day cruzing the AVE for some biaches. The f-bodys all look better in my opinion then the stealth bomber, oops i mean the mustang. Although the new 2005 and newer mustang is a hot ride now too.

Let's talk about the ride. the LS1 has a ton of low end torque, which is why i love that motor. The 4.6 cobra engine makes all it's power up top. The 4.6 GT 2 valve makes no power at all! The LS1 is much much easier to make power with then the 4.6. (unless you have a terminator supercharged cobra, then all you need is a pully! But hell, it's a forced induction 4 cam V8, if you can't make power in that, get your head examened.!!!) The f-bodys look better, are cheaper to mod, and were faster then their GT counterparts, and depending upon driver may or may not beat a cobra of the same model year. It's a good race, no matter what any Ford or GM fan tells you on either side of the argument. I go to the track every season and it always goes both ways. Both are in mid to low 13's from the factory w/ no or light mods.

It all comes down to what you like more in the car. To me the T-Tops were the selling point. Man i love that sh!t. I love the ls1 motor too. but i took a hard look at a cobra, and i just couldn't bring myself to buy a car i didn't like the looks of.

I am one person who will never knock a cobra, man they are nice cars. They have their fans, and so do the LS1s rightfully so, but that shits like politics some times, people like what they like and they don't want to look at what the other side offers. both cars have their stong points and their weeknesses. Like the mustang's cheap mechanical clutch adjuster on the pedal under the dash.. JUNK. !! Although i would rather have a mechanical clutch then a hydro.

Me, on the other hand, i like what is good. that's that. The cobra is a really good ride, and bang for the buck you can't beat it. thats why i am saving my loot for 2007/2008. I'm going to have a 5.4 L 4 cam supercharged cobra parked right next to my 2000 WS6 Ram Air trans am. Cuz i'm A a bad f_ckin dude and thats how i roll! I buy whats good and thats all ya'll niggahs need to know.
    Last edited by ls1BrownBoots; 01-11-2006 at 01:54 PM.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I work at a auto plant. There is about 1500 people working there . Everyday when I drive in , after I pass the gate. I see no less than 10 mustangs, most are not GT. As far as F-body there is my Trans -Am and this Z-28 and another camaro. There is getting to be more and more of the Mustangs. I have even seen a Cobra or two.I would say there is as many as Three times as many Mustangs to F-bodys. And yes I like the fact that I drive one.

flat black
    at school theres 4 T/A probly 2 dozen camaros a hand full of third and second gen fbodies...and probly 5-10 mustnags for each...they made more mustangs...they werent that much cheaper...an 02 mustnag GT cost 29k loaded.... 30 grand...you could buy a 02 T/A for that...and the T/A's are still nicer...i like having rare cars...they a bitch to buy parts for but other than that...

lee1rbc
    Three Years Since A New F-body! Every day some body wrecks an F-body or blows one up and parts it out. If they don't come out with a new Camaro in 07 the price for this car is going to start to climb!

As for Ford, yes they offer some sweet cars, but for a price! They excite there fans by offering a 4 cam 5.4ltr Cobra R with a race susp. but then only make 300 of them and they sell for 60k and up. The average Joe gets the 230hp GT that can maybe edge out a Maxima. The last time Ford mass produced a competitive muscle car was in the 80s (89 LX 5.0), But today its just a bait and switch. To me the F-body has always stayed true to its orig. roots, offering great performance car at a great price.

In 2002 GM produced apprx. 45,000 LS1 F-bodys! $28,000 aprx

In 2004 Ford produced apprx 5,000 Cobra's. $35,000 including a $1,000 gas guzzler tax (EPA ratings are 16/22). aprx

lee1rbc
    IMO these are dark days for the F-body

red
    04 pontiac gto

good facts guys keep em coming,nice write up on the cobra by the way.i read the article in car and driver a few months ago about the cobra.sounds nice on paper but how many u actually think there gonna produce.just driving to work today i seen at least 6 mustangs most of the drivers were old people.ford did have a good idea of bringing back the reto style seems to caught on with cars like the charger and the challenger being produced by dodge........whats gm got up there sleeves?????????right now is a good time to think about it being the retro style seems to be a seller....pontiac came out with the gto but too expensive for someone like me right now.ill stick to my bird for now seems be keeping me happy,only problem i seem to have with it is keepng it clean,black guys look really good freshly washed and waxed but the sec you drive it forget it its like a dirt magnet.any thoughts on how to keep it clean wthout constantly washing cause its a bit cold up here to wash all the time?most of the dirt is sand resudue left over from being dumped on the streets preventing ice.i know someone is gonna say this(just dont drive it)but it is my only vehicle.

In yo' hood up to no good

1 of 122 Blk A4 WS6 Verts
    1999 T/A WS6 Vert A4

The statistic I heard in 2001 was the Mustang was outselling both F-body cars combined 2 to 1. There's the reason we don't see f-bodies around.

In my neck of the woods I see many more V6 Mustangs driven by chicks than any other pony car. (Go figure...lol) I'd say the ratio of Mustang to F-body here is 20 to 1. And I have yet to see another WS6, let alone a convertible like mine. In fact I can't remember seeing a 4th get vert. There are only a few Trans Ams and Z28s around. Seen a few SS cars but most F-bodies around have a V6. I can go weeks without seeing another F-body of any generation. And I don't have a problem with that.

But last month I saw a hot blonde driving a red LS1 Formula.

ls1BrownBoots
    Quote Originally Posted by lrader99
    at school theres 4 T/A probly 2 dozen camaros a hand full of third and second gen fbodies...and probly 5-10 mustnags for each...they made more mustangs...they werent that much cheaper...an 02 mustnag GT cost 29k loaded.... 30 grand...you could buy a 02 T/A for that...and the T/A's are still nicer...i like having rare cars...they a bitch to buy parts for but other than that...
    depends upon your defination of "nicer"
    some things the mustang has are "nicer" like the interior and sound system and rear end w/ better gearing..

some things the f-body has "nicer" like the looks, t-tops, weight distribution, and power.

the cobra is the best of both worlds, you get the power with upgraded brakes, along with the better interior, rear end & gears!

I don't care the 98-04 mustangs are ugly as sin though. Thats why i got my trans am ws6

black
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by lee1rbc
    Three Years Since A New F-body! Every day some body wrecks an F-body or blows one up and parts it out. If they don't come out with a new Camaro in 07 the price for this car is going to start to climb!

As for Ford, yes they offer some sweet cars, but for a price! They excite there fans by offering a 4 cam 5.4ltr Cobra R with a race susp. but then only make 300 of them and they sell for 60k and up. The average Joe gets the 230hp GT that can maybe edge out a Maxima. The last time Ford mass produced a competitive muscle car was in the 80s (89 LX 5.0), But today its just a bait and switch. To me the F-body has always stayed true to its orig. roots, offering great performance car at a great price.

In 2002 GM produced apprx. 45,000 LS1 F-bodys! $28,000 aprx

In 2004 Ford produced apprx 5,000 Cobra's. $35,000 including a $1,000 gas guzzler tax (EPA ratings are 16/22). aprx
    Lee, those are good points , just wait till the new Shelby cobra comes out dealers are gonna sell way over list on those cars like the ford GT - theres one in the town where i live with a 160K !!! sticker -and 300K asking price RIDICULOUS!! remember Ford is in same financial boat as GM too much $ going to retired employees not too smart - Chrysler got out of their woes years ago from Iacoca's help and US-uncle sam
    I seem to remember Fords premise was cheap cars for the masses but 160k???? for a GT compare that to a new Z06 for 50+K LESS Money hmmmm
    Last edited by zman1969; 01-11-2006 at 02:10 PM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information