Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: no 93 octane

green
    98 formula

no 93 octane

well I know some of you guys get gas for your f-bod regularly, but I just filled my wifes 01 ss up tonite (first time this year).Couldn't find 93 all I could find is 91 kinda pissed me off . Mainly cause my 98 will need 93 for street use. Anyway I guess thats it rant is over! If anyone here has luck with octane boosters let me know, or maybe I could buy a whole damn tank of 93 delivered but I don't know how to do that

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

93 disappeared from Tulsa about a year ago. Guess its finally disappearing from Arkansas now as well
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

What ever happened to that turbo blue crap?? Why is 93 octane disappearing??? GAY!!

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Some station around here have it and some don't. They all have at least 92 though except for some dumpy places that I wouldn't buy anything from. My problem is finding places without ethanol in their premium gas.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Its very few and far between here....if one can find it at all. It will run just fine on 91 tho.

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    Black 2002 Trans Am WS6

Just use Av-Gas.
    Black 02 Trans Am WS6 M6 SLP Lid, Bassani Stainless Headers & Y-Pipe w/o Cats, Borla Exhaust, BMR-STB, LCAs & Reloc. Brackets, Panhard Bar, & SFCs, Eibach Pro-kit With Bilsteins, BF Goodrich G Force KDWs, Optima Yellow Top, 5% Tint, Blackouts, Clear Side Lights, H-7 Headlights much more to come!

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    Some station around here have it and some don't. They all have at least 92 though except for some dumpy places that I wouldn't buy anything from. My problem is finding places without ethanol in their premium gas.
    at least down here and in point kwik trip doesn't use ethanol in their premium blend.

Black
    00 WS6

In southern Ohio we still can get 93 in every gas station.

green
    98 formula

well I am no expert on the make up of gas but doesn't ethenol have a higher octane rating? that is what most stations around here have. I can get race gas but its about 30 miles from home. I would really like to have a tank at home

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by joejenkinsglass View Post
    well I am no expert on the make up of gas but doesn't ethenol have a higher octane rating? that is what most stations around here have. I can get race gas but its about 30 miles from home. I would really like to have a tank at home

u can buy gas in 50 gallon drums

Green
    94 TA GT

Does anyone here run regular 87 octane and if so do you notice any problems using it?

Black
    1999 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Fred H. View Post
    Does anyone here run regular 87 octane and if so do you notice any problems using it?
    Mine had 87 in it when I bought it. It pinged audibly under hard acceleration. If I could hear the detonation, the PCM had to be pulling mad amounts of timing, so no telling how much power I was losing.

pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

I run 87 sometimes, I don't always have enough money to fill it up just to put about 1/4 tank so I'll use 87 to get the most for my money. I haven't had any problems with it yet I don't like useing it b/c I know in the long run it will hurt my engine but it's the only car I have right now and some gas is better than no gas.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    What ever happened to that turbo blue crap?? Why is 93 octane disappearing??? GAY!!
    Yes turbo blue is still around. Station right up the street from me carries it,,,,if you want to pay over $6.00 a gallon for it. 112 octane I believe.

Yes 93 is dissappearing,,,States like California, Arizona, I think New Mexico, Nevada etc.....all have nothing higher than 91 octane. It is slowly making it's way accross the midwest.

I use only Sunoco 94 octane,,,which is starting to get scarce. But 93 octane is still plentifull at the moment.

What I was told from a Sunoco rep was that they just simply don't sell enough 94 octane,,,,so all the Sunoco stations are slowly fasing out the 94 and switching it to 93 at the moment,,,,(like that would sell better ,,,it's the same damn price )

When a local Sunoco changed ownership,,,it happened to be a close friend of mine that bought it. When he reopened,,,Sunoco refused to resupply him with 94,,,so he was forced to carry only 93 octane,,,,it was this little hiccup that lead to me talking to the Sunoco rep and getting the information above.

I think it's a load of crap though. And eventually all of Ohio will probably follow in the footsteps of the western states and carry only 91 octane in years to come.

When South West Ohio did away with E-checking about 4-5 years ago,,,everyone was jumping for joy,,,but didn't realize that this opened the door for that reformulated gas to start trickling in. There was alot of talk about it coming to Ohio then,,,,but no mention of it since.

Bottom line is though,,,the quality of pump gas has diminished considerably in the last 4-5 years. Cars that run on the edge are going to start struggling in the next couple of years. Just something to plan ahead for.

I drive 20 miles from my house to the nearest Sunoco just for the 94 octane,,,as all the others no longer have it around my area....and now currnently costs $4.10 a gallon,,,,pretty soon I will have to drop to Shell or BP 93,,,it's only a matter of time till This Sunoco drops it too.

Funny though,,,since Sunoco has become a major sponsor of Nascar and is the primary fuel supplier as a result,,,you would think they would keep their 94 octane Hmmm go figure.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Oh man.. I had no idea 93 was disapearing.. It's all I've ever put in my car. Gas goes 87-89-93 around here. I have seen 91 and 92 before at other places, but man.. I really like 93, especially when it's the same price as the stations with 91. Why is it going away anyhow?

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

91 works fine for me, no pinging. But then again i don't have any other options unless i buy race fuel and at 4 dollars a gallon for 91 i don't want anything more expensive than that.

Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    Oh man.. I had no idea 93 was disapearing.. It's all I've ever put in my car. Gas goes 87-89-93 around here. I have seen 91 and 92 before at other places, but man.. I really like 93, especially when it's the same price as the stations with 91. Why is it going away anyhow?
    Well I think it comes down to how cheap they can manufacture it for. The Sunoco rep eluded to that but just wouldn't come out and say it. It has alot to do with reformulated gas as well,,,,which alot of states already have including kentucky. It's just cheaper to make it,,,more money in the pocket is the end result.
    Unfortunately this buck isn't passed on to the consumer, as you have stated,,,you are right. You will pay the same for 91 or 93 octane,,,I have found that for myself around here.
    I also found that I pay the same for 94 sunoco as I would for 93 at Shell or BP.....Currently $4.10 a gallon. I am filling 2 cars up today with it here very shortly as a matter of fact,,,since the weekend is here and Memorial day getting closer,,,it may be even higher than that now,,,Since the $4.10 price was this past Monday..
    I'm like you and most others,,,,I'll keep buying the 94 as long as I can find it,,,then resort to 93 when thats gone,,,,and probably have to put more conservative tunes in the cars dropping to 91,,,although the 4th gen camaro's aren't too bad with it,,,,my older stuff will complain.

green
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    u can buy gas in 50 gallon drums
    from where? and will I need a license of any kind?

Trans Am owner
    former

costco should carry 93 still. you need a membership to buy gas there, but its cheap, and the gas is very good quality. it always has atleast the advertised octane number. usually a little higher.

hahahaha, i am glad my truck runs on regular. also, it has the e85 package. ford just sent me $50 in free e85 coupons....HURRAY!!!!

NBM
    1998 Z-28

I can only get 90 octane around my area or 110 airplane fuel

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information