ARCTIC WHITE
    2001 NHRA S.E. WS6

Question NHRA Special Edition?

My 01 T/A WS.6 sports the badges and upgrades of the 50th anniv. NHRA Special Edition. The option is even listed on the window sticker that was given to me by the original owner, however the following link http://www.nhrata.com/ says that the NHRA option could not be combined with the WS.6 package it was an either or. I looked for the WS.6 code inside the door and it is there. Does anyone have any knowledge about these options. Thanks!

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Maybe it was dealler installed? I actually found a website where you can order all the NHRA badges.

Black Hardtop
    01 NHRA Formula

No, they were not combined.Check your door sticker for 1SH code, that is the NHRA option. Also check that the paperwork you have and your door sticker match the vin# on your dash.

ARCTIC WHITE
    2001 NHRA S.E. WS6

I found that the paperwork does match the VIN# on the car however my memory failed me it does not mention "NHRA" anywhere on the window sticker it was on a seperate piece of paper from an NHRA SE Club Website WWW.nhrafirebirds.com. The paper says that it was a factory & dealer installed option package (option 1SH). Including but not limited to Hurst manual 6-speed (3.42 ratio) or automatic trans (3.23 ratio) power steering cooling P245/50ZR16 performance tires NHRA badges & keychain. I checked the door and the manifest for the 1SH option and once again it is not there. The only thing close is a 1SA option. Options installed by manufacturer (Per Window Sticker): Ram Air Perform.& Handling PKG: Ram Air Induction System Functional Air Scoops 17" High Pollished Aluminum Wheels
    P275/40ZR17 Speed rated Tires Specific Low Restriction Dual Exhaust System Specific Tuned Suspension Power Steering Cooler Hurst Shifter Custom Bucket Seats W/ Adjustable Lumbar Supports. With the Hurst shifter, power steering cooler, and the emblems it seemed right. I also thought that it was not possible to purchase emblems from a special edition vehicle, I suppose thats why I never questioned it. I dont know how the dealer install works out but If it was installed at the dealer I dont think that they would be able to create a new manifest and or door sticker. So what real proof other than an invoice could I find that this was done by a dealer and not the original owner?

Black Hardtop
    01 NHRA Formula

Unfortunately anyone can get the badges. If you do not have the 1SH on the door sticker you do not have an NHRA SE.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by 01NHRA/WS6 View Post
    I found that the paperwork does match the VIN# on the car however my memory failed me it does not mention "NHRA" anywhere on the window sticker it was on a seperate piece of paper from an NHRA SE Club Website WWW.nhrafirebirds.com. The paper says that it was a factory & dealer installed option package (option 1SH). Including but not limited to Hurst manual 6-speed (3.42 ratio) or automatic trans (3.23 ratio) power steering cooling P245/50ZR16 performance tires NHRA badges & keychain. I checked the door and the manifest for the 1SH option and once again it is not there. The only thing close is a 1SA option. Options installed by manufacturer (Per Window Sticker): Ram Air Perform.& Handling PKG: Ram Air Induction System Functional Air Scoops 17" High Pollished Aluminum Wheels
    P275/40ZR17 Speed rated Tires Specific Low Restriction Dual Exhaust System Specific Tuned Suspension Power Steering Cooler Hurst Shifter Custom Bucket Seats W/ Adjustable Lumbar Supports. With the Hurst shifter, power steering cooler, and the emblems it seemed right. I also thought that it was not possible to purchase emblems from a special edition vehicle, I suppose thats why I never questioned it. I dont know how the dealer install works out but If it was installed at the dealer I dont think that they would be able to create a new manifest and or door sticker. So what real proof other than an invoice could I find that this was done by a dealer and not the original owner?

it wasnt the dealer that put on the decals

ARCTIC WHITE
    2001 NHRA S.E. WS6

Cool

While this news is somewhat disappointing I will still enjoy the car all the same. I’m not a collector and I enjoy driving the car entirely too much to let it sit around even if it truly were a special edition vehicle. However, it is nice to know the truth.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

still sounds original, be happy!

Black Hardtop
    01 NHRA Formula

Quote Originally Posted by 01NHRA/WS6 View Post
    While this news is somewhat disappointing I will still enjoy the car all the same. I’m not a collector and I enjoy driving the car entirely too much to let it sit around even if it truly were a special edition vehicle. However, it is nice to know the truth.
    thats the spirit

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Yep, the happiness of knowing you got a legit WS6 has to outweigh any dissappointment from an owner-installed NHRA badge.

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

Thread Information