Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

silver
    2002 Trans AM

Newbie Regarding Exhaust Setup

Hi there, just joined today. I'm picking up my 2002 WS6 tomorrow and want to get an exhaust on it ASAP. Wondering if anyone can help me out. I want to do a header back system with true duals but want to keep the entire job to around $1500 or less. This is going to be a budget build since it will be a second car and not my DD. Planning on putting a cam and intake on later in Nov. with 4.10 gears. Any help would be great. I'm sure there are tons of threads on this so I'll check out the forums.

mark
    Phoenix, AZ

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Welcome to the site
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69090
    bassani makes a real clean dual system if you have the money

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Welcome! I went the standard route with our car -- LT's, Y and Catback and ended up pulling almost $2k out of my piggy bank. No idea what the duals will set you back.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Don't be in such a rush. Do more research so you don't end up de-modding then re-modding.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Check your Visitor Messages....

Where abouts in The Valley of the Sun?
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 08-31-2010 at 07:34 PM.

silver
    2002 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Don't be in such a rush. Do more research so you don't end up de-modding then re-modding.
    I built an LS2 in a Trailblazer SS I had a few years back, forged stroker engine with a Kenne Bell SC. Truck made 550 RWHP on 9 Lbs of boost. One thing I learned is don't buy cheap parts. It was a fun truck but kept breaking trannys.

silver
    2002 Trans AM

Way up north almost Carefree.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Welcome to the site. My tranny broke after 12K miles with stock power on a weekend cruiser

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

I went with texas speed Longtubes (500), Texas speed ORY (130), Magnaflow catback (600-ish) plus I bought stainless band clamps which were about (65). So I spent around 1,300 but if I were to do it all over I woulda bought the texas speed headers OR Kooks with a custom true dual exhaust, then i wouldn't have this stupid exhaust leak and it would fit much better, I found a guy after I bought all my stuff that makes true duals for around 5 or 600. Much better IMO

silver
    2002 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird0230 View Post
    I went with texas speed Longtubes (500), Texas speed ORY (130), Magnaflow catback (600-ish) plus I bought stainless band clamps which were about (65). So I spent around 1,300 but if I were to do it all over I woulda bought the texas speed headers OR Kooks with a custom true dual exhaust, then i wouldn't have this stupid exhaust leak and it would fit much better, I found a guy after I bought all my stuff that makes true duals for around 5 or 600. Much better IMO
    I was wondering about the Texas Speed LTs but now my top three choices are Kooks, American Racing or Stainless Works. I'm going with the 1 7/8 with a true dual and Magnaflows (I think). These seem to be the top three brands to go with although they do cost a bit more.

silver
    2002 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Welcome to the site. My tranny broke after 12K miles with stock power on a weekend cruiser
    I went through three trannys on my truck and after the last one took a dump I decided to sell it. I didn't want to drive something that I had to constantly worry about breaking and didn't want to spend the money to upgrade to a 4L80(I think that's what the upgrade was).

silver
    2002 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Check your Visitor Messages....

Where abouts in The Valley of the Sun?
    Up north towards Carefree

Black
    2001 Formula

Ebay headers $220 I have had zero problems. They where easy to install. Texas speed true duals $ 450. Also very easy to install. For around $700 including tax you can get headers and true duals

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

Quote Originally Posted by azkass View Post
    Up north towards Carefree
    You wouldn't be the furthest out. We've got members all around the state.

none yet

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    You wouldn't be the furthest out. We've got members all around the state.
    He's right. Im right on the border between az and nv. Vegas is about 90 miles away

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Google: Lamonte Performane Parts

silver
    2002 Trans AM

After doing some research I'm leaning towards the Texas speed 1 7/8 headers with Their true dual exhaust. Does anyone have this setup and if so do you like it. Seems like it would be a fairly nice inexpensive setup that I can do for around $1500 with the install. Also if you can recommend where to get tips since they don't come with it.

One more thing, for the members that live in AZ can you recommend an install shop in Phoenix. Thanks

Much Appreciated

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

After doing some research I'm leaning towards the Texas speed 1 7/8 headers with Their true dual exhaust. Does anyone have this setup and if so do you like it. Seems like it would be a fairly nice inexpensive setup that I can do for around $1500 with the install. Also if you can recommend where to get tips since they don't come with it.

One more thing, for the members that live in AZ can you recommend an install shop in Phoenix. Thanks

Much Appreciated
    Any info about place to install would have to be through PM or posted like I did in your profile. Let me know when you want to do this and I can (maybe) recommend a place. The place that did my exhaust is no longer in business but I know folks that know folks.

See my sig for what I have for exhaust on my 02.
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

I was wondering about the Texas Speed LTs but now my top three choices are Kooks, American Racing or Stainless Works. I'm going with the 1 7/8 with a true dual and Magnaflows (I think). These seem to be the top three brands to go with although they do cost a bit more.
    I have absolutely no problem with the Texas speed Headers, they came built well, shiny as polished stainless. but their Y pipe sucks ass. I would buy their true duals but theyre cut before the axel and it's LOUD. cool if you like noise ordinance tickets....

silver
    2002 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird0230 View Post
    I have absolutely no problem with the Texas speed Headers, they came built well, shiny as polished stainless. but their Y pipe sucks ass. I would buy their true duals but theyre cut before the axel and it's LOUD. cool if you like noise ordinance tickets....
    Thanks...I was leaning towards their true duals but like you said they're cut before the axle. The shop I'm using will install a complete true dual setup for $780 so I think I'm going to do that with the Texas Speed headers. Btw why does their Y pipe suck?

Thread Information