Thread: newbie here!

black
    1998 Formula

newbie here!

hey everyone. im new here again. lol. i am a member from a while ago but cant remember my user name. i had a 99 ss m6 but i spun a rod bearing and it sat for a while and got repoed. i sold the motor and trans to a guy on here. well just today i bought a 98 formula a4 for $700 bucks! with 153000 miles. yes i said $700 bucks!!!!! feel free to ask any questions about the car. i will post pictures friday or saturday.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by ls1formula View Post
    hey everyone. im new here again. lol. i am a member from a while ago but cant remember my user name. i had a 99 ss m6 but i spun a rod bearing and it sat for a while and got repoed. i sold the motor and trans to a guy on here. well just today i bought a 98 formula a4 for $700 bucks! with 153000 miles. yes i said $700 bucks!!!!! feel free to ask any questions about the car. i will post pictures friday or saturday.
    WoooooooooooW!!!!! i must see pics of this car, great deal... whats the story behind it?

black
    1998 Formula

98 formula

.....would you pay $700 for this? i will have more pictures tomorrow after i clean it up and wax it. but the main problem is the guy i got it from backed into a pole with the driver rear quarter panel. its not horrible but its not the greatest. it needed a tie rod end, a transmission mount. the exhaust leaks at the flange between the manifold and y pipe. also there is no rear muffler section (must have fell off) the wipers park in the up position(trying to figure out how to fix that) burnt out headlight low beams, burnt out front turn signals. and its really dirty and was probably never waxed. car runs damn good though!

NBM
    02 M6 Formula

not worth the $ IMHO,

just kidding, fawking asshole. sweet deal congrats

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Wish I could come across a deal like that. Whats your plans for it?

black
    1998 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by KING Z28 HAWK View Post
    Wish I could come across a deal like that. Whats your plans for it?
    well for now im just trying to clean it up and fix as many small things as i can like the lights and all that. then figure out what im going to do about the quarter panel. but basically i plan on making it a nice car but i will be putting headers, full exhaust, 3500 to 4500 converter (not sure yet which torque converter) sticky tires(the car currently has 225/60/16's) skinny tires!! lol. and change the 2:73 gear to a 3:42 or 3:73 and thats just the start. and at that time ill still probably have less than $5,000 into it including the purchase price.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Quote Originally Posted by ls1formula View Post
    Click for full size Click for full size.....would you pay $700 for this? i will have more pictures tomorrow after i clean it up and wax it. but the main problem is the guy i got it from backed into a pole with the driver rear quarter panel. its not horrible but its not the greatest. it needed a tie rod end, a transmission mount. the exhaust leaks at the flange between the manifold and y pipe. also there is no rear muffler section (must have fell off) the wipers park in the up position(trying to figure out how to fix that) burnt out headlight low beams, burnt out front turn signals. and its really dirty and was probably never waxed. car runs damn good though!Click for full size
    try taking them off when theyre up and adjusting them back to where they should be. Or before that make sure they are off

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Thats cool. Now you have a good little project.

Excellent deal. One question: is it classified as salvage?

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Nice car for $700. And yeah is it on a salvage title?

blau-green
    2001 T/A

I can't belive you pay so low price,but anyway congrats

black
    1998 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by clovenhooves View Post
    Excellent deal. One question: is it classified as salvage?
    no salvage title. clean title. this is the car now that i finished using a clay bar and wax. and the one picture shows the main damage of the car. its not bad at all considering it runs great and a few hours ago i pulled on a 06 gto from 60mph to 110mph.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

So whats the story behind this? Why just $700!?

I wish i got that lucky

Maybe it has flood damage? (Try Carfax's free option.) Maybe it has many problems that a good mechanic would spot? Or maybe the seller was an idiot. I'd want to be pretty sure it's that before putting much money into it.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Nice deal! Look at local junkyards, maybe you can find a nice rear quarter panel and possibly a drivers door.

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

this may be the deal of the century! i'm happy for ya and totally jealous at the same time as for the wipers, i had mine do that on a couple of firebirds. it's gonna be your wiper motor. just pop off that black plastic piece that the wipers set on when in the down position and it's easy to access from there.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Very sweet man, real nice! Congrats!

Also I noticed someone possibly jacked up the car with the front fender flanges, ugh. I hate when that happens. Bends the flange and causes the fender to flare away from the door and body. Get the lumps, and bumps out and wow what a fine lady you got there.

Oh and welcome to the site if you have'nt been already.

black
    1998 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by clovenhooves View Post
    Maybe it has flood damage? (Try Carfax's free option.) Maybe it has many problems that a good mechanic would spot? Or maybe the seller was an idiot. I'd want to be pretty sure it's that before putting much money into it.
    haha no flood damage and i am a mechanic. lol. besides the quarter panel, big dent in the hood, and turn signals and low beam lights being bad everything else is solid. i replaced a trans mount and a horrible tie rod end. the hodd will be fixed this weekend. im picking up a clean black hood for $20. this guy i know has all kinds of stuff for formulas and t/a's. im also going to get a black t/a hatch off of him for $150. the wheels were so bad that i had to clean them with a brillo pad so the clear coat was screwed up so i used vht satin black caliper paint on them. the tires are also 225/60/16 lmao.. skinny tires.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Im extremely jealous.

Sweet deal all around. Where did you find it? Your local guy with t/a parts, does sell to everyone?

Thread Information