New TA buyer guide..

This is a discussion on New TA buyer guide.. within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I saw a post about buyers guide...you know things to look for when buying a TA... I cant find it ...

Pewter
    2002 WS6 Convertible

New TA buyer guide..

I saw a post about buyers guide...you know things to look for when buying a TA... I cant find it now can someone please point me in the right direction?

Also any help or additional info on what to look at when I go check out a 2000 WS6?
    Seller says it has a new engine installed by the dealer...
    2000 WS6/M6/ttops/a.c/pl/pw.

Thanks

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

see if windows roll up slowly toward the end-bad motors, If clutch feels spongy, check to see if rear end is weeping at all.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Pewter
    2002 WS6 Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    see if windows roll up slowly toward the end-bad motors, If clutch feels spongy, check to see if rear end is weeping at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    Thank you very much.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    Great link, and one more thing I can mention. I feel really stupid about it now, but I never tested the car out in reverse (it's a manual tranny). The guy pulled up in a parking lot, so we just took off from there when I test drove it. Never even crossed my mind to test reverse. Shifted perfect and all seemed great. Drove the car home that night. Noticed when trying to back up the next day that it would slip out of reverse!! At first I thought I didn't have it engaged all the way, but I wasn't that lucky. The reverse syncro was out and I had to have the tranny rebuilt. Luckily they were good friends of the family and got it done very reasonable, but a surprise none the less!!

Moral of the story here, make sure you try reverse and back up a few times, especially going up a slight grade.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Piranhaz View Post
    Great link, and one more thing I can mention. I feel really stupid about it now, but I never tested the car out in reverse (it's a manual tranny). The guy pulled up in a parking lot, so we just took off from there when I test drove it. Never even crossed my mind to test reverse. Shifted perfect and all seemed great. Drove the car home that night. Noticed when trying to back up the next day that it would slip out of reverse!! At first I thought I didn't have it engaged all the way, but I wasn't that lucky. The reverse syncro was out and I had to have the tranny rebuilt. Luckily they were good friends of the family and got it done very reasonable, but a surprise none the less!!

Moral of the story here, make sure you try reverse and back up a few times, especially going up a slight grade.
    Things like this need to be added. It might be a once in every few hundred buy's or whatever, but thats what that thread is for.

Thread Information