Thread: New owner

black
    00 ws6 trans am

New owner

I'll be purchasing a 00 ws6 black trans am on monday. Always been a fan of them. Actually have been one of my dream cars for awhile now. My knowledge about them is slim however. I've been a jeep guy for most of my life. So bare with me and my lack of knowledge.

Heres the specs of the parts it has.
    Car has 114K
    Moser 9" rear, Moser 31 spline acxels, Detroit locker, 4.11 gear.
    Spec Aluminum FLywheel, spec 3 cluch, custom Huntsville Drive shaft racing drive shaft. Boxed in torque arm with loop. Hust short through shifter with Lou's short stick.
    low con trole arms, relocation bracets. sub frame conectors.
    Engine, has ls6 intake, ported throttle body, MTI X1 cam, with push rods, retainers, and springs. (just did the new springs) Hooker long tube headers, Texas speed true duals. Harlen shift light(in the left defrost vent), harlen two step (button in ash tray).
    raptor hood, with air box.
    Torque thrust 2 wheels, 9.5 X 17 in front and 11 X 17 rears
    bran new altenator.

being im a student the 114k miles worry me. I know the guy really well who im buying from and he's taken care of the car really well. Just wondering if i should be conserned with the mileage?

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=44293090

White
    2000 Trans AM

Looks like a nice car with alot of mods.
    After saying that I KNOW the guy didn't mod that car out to just baby it all day. Looks like he took care of it though and if you trust him I see no problem with it. 100k mileage IMHO isn't alot for these cars if properly taken care of.
    Just don't kid yourself, the owner drove it like it was stolen, and thats a chane you take with any type of previously owned cars.
    I'd buy it.

black
    00 ws6 trans am

Yea, well i know he's taken it to the drag strip a few times, thus why im liary about it. but i guess its just a chance i hafta take. Its a beautiful car.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

You have to accept the fact that these cars were bought to be upon you just have to except it. That rear end is worth over 2000 bucks alone and with all the engine mods thats an easy 2-3gs right there. Seeing as he already replaced the clutch seems solid. The next thing to go on the car is either the tranny or the motor. Tell us what kind of power he puts down to the ground if its on the milder side yoy car should last for a while, also how much you buying the car for-word of advice set some money aside for the car for when something breaks.

black
    00 ws6 trans am

9000. He has a dyno showing he puts 406 rwhp. Yea being he just put a new alternator and battery and clutch, the only other tihng im worried about is throwing a rod *which just happened to my friends camaro*. Or waterpump/soemthingl ike that. It needs rear tires aswell. So basically what im hoping to do is get it, and save up a kitty of like 500+ bucks just as a break down fund. Its a well taken care of car, and he's put a good amount of money in it.

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

9000 grand is a pretty good price. In my expierence the two things that ALWAYS go are the rear and the clutch. those have been replaced to you have to worry about the tranny next. I had to replace 4th and 6th gear in my m6. I have the same rear end and you dont have to worry about anything with that beast. If he replaced the cam chances are he had all new gaskets.rods etc,etc,etc So I wouldent worry to much about the engine. And lests face it everyone who has these cars gets on them. we would all like to believe we are buying the car from the old guy who never drove it in the rain and never red lined it. but that is simply not the case these cars were all driven hard at one point. at least this guy is being up fron about it. Ask about the clutch master cylender. They go often and it is a bitch to replace, but with that milage chances are it has been replaced. the nice thing about the milage is at this point all the nikle and dime replacments have probaly been done. I say go for it and enjoy it. Like your jeeps(and min 97tj4inch lift) they are toys and toys break. good luck

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

I have a 11 second trans-am ws6, and a lifted 97 wrangler with a winch lockers all that good stuff. I also have a thaoe lt. When something breaks on the jeep or the bird, I dont sweat it..there toys and toys break when you play with them hard enough. When something breaks on my tahoe(rare)then I get pissed because it has no mods and is NEVER driven hard. so what is my point??? the trans-am is a toy drive it like one and expect something down the road to break. just be ready when it does. lets face it nobody buys these cars because they are great on gas or last forever. if you wanted that go buy a civic

black
    00 ws6 trans am

Yep your right man. My jeep had 5.5 inch of lift 35's. Stinger/winch ext. its a nice jeep. Its just not daily drive worthy. Im going to enjoy the t/a alot better. Just gotta worry about insurance and something breakin down. This is going to be alot more fun of a daily driver . Thanks everyone for all the input and knowledge. I'm learning more and more about these engines. they seem to be a pretty well built engine. So im not to worried about it. I'll probably go ahead with the deal and get it early next week . I'm quite excited.

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

i love mine. I live in florida so the jeep is actually a beter dd then the bird. The top and doors never go on. I wouldent worry about insurance to much. I pay about 130 a month for 3 cars. I learned just about everything I know about the bird from this website. pretty much anything that goes wrong..you can find the answer on this website. a bunch of great people on hear

black
    00 ws6 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by adam0321 View Post
    i love mine. I live in florida so the jeep is actually a beter dd then the bird. The top and doors never go on. I wouldent worry about insurance to much. I pay about 130 a month for 3 cars. I learned just about everything I know about the bird from this website. pretty much anything that goes wrong..you can find the answer on this website. a bunch of great people on hear
    thanks adam. I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure once i get it i'll have alot more questions. I know he has a short shifter in it and the stage 3 clutch i'll hafta get use to. The cam to. It jumps in idle like 7-9 "it rumbles". I presume this is normal since its cammed? But the tach seems to jump around alot. I'm thinking i'm goign to hafta get a new one. But just alot of fun small stuff to do to it .

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

with a cam a good tune will make a world of difference. I have the magic stick 3 in mine wich is a pretty hefty cam. My tach doesent really jump alot. the clutch between the car and your jeep is night and day. every time i jump from one to the other i red line the jeep and stall the car. chences are the guys has done more than what he is telling you aswell. not on purpose but when you do alot of mods on these cars you forget about little things you did along the way. One thing I wanted to tell you though...the engine is built to run the trans are built to run but that is about where is stops. these cars even stock have almost to much power for the rest of the car. if he does not have sub frame connectors on the car GET THEM that should be the FIRST mod on these cars. they really tighten them up and prevent all kinds of problems like leaking t-tops,gaps in the body,and body sqeak. Also a strut tower brace makes a big diffenece. these are both very easy to do and dont cost much. I am sure you have already started shoping around and of seen these items. If you have any other questions or concerns either pm me or shoot it out in a thread, as I said all the guys (and gals) on hear are pretty helpfull.

black
    00 ws6 trans am

with a cam a good tune will make a world of difference. I have the magic stick 3 in mine wich is a pretty hefty cam. My tach doesent really jump alot. the clutch between the car and your jeep is night and day. every time i jump from one to the other i red line the jeep and stall the car. chences are the guys has done more than what he is telling you aswell. not on purpose but when you do alot of mods on these cars you forget about little things you did along the way. One thing I wanted to tell you though...the engine is built to run the trans are built to run but that is about where is stops. these cars even stock have almost to much power for the rest of the car. if he does not have sub frame connectors on the car GET THEM that should be the FIRST mod on these cars. they really tighten them up and prevent all kinds of problems like leaking t-tops,gaps in the body,and body sqeak. Also a strut tower brace makes a big diffenece. these are both very easy to do and dont cost much. I am sure you have already started shoping around and of seen these items. If you have any other questions or concerns either pm me or shoot it out in a thread, as I said all the guys (and gals) on hear are pretty helpfull.
    he has those on there. I really appreciate it man. He doesnt have the strut brace i dont think? is that what goes under the hood across from one side to another?? As far as driving the clutch im just gonna hafta have fun driving it around getting use to it. Thats gonna be the only thing im really worried about. Plus im a big guy so its alot tighter in the ta. im like 6'5 250. But it'll work out. I'll def. keep in touch with ya, and you'll be the first to knwo if i have a question !

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

yes the strut tower brace is the bar that ties the shocks together, there only about 75 bucks and literaly take 10 minutes to put on. they do a good job of making the front a bit stiffer, and they are intimidating when people see them on the car. I will try to answer anything I can but I am still learning alor myself. Not to do a name drop but Mr. Lous is a wealth of knowlage,, and his car is plane sick look for mr. Lous trans-am on youtube. good luck and keep us updated

black
    00 ws6 trans am

yes the strut tower brace is the bar that ties the shocks together, there only about 75 bucks and literaly take 10 minutes to put on. they do a good job of making the front a bit stiffer, and they are intimidating when people see them on the car. I will try to answer anything I can but I am still learning alor myself. Not to do a name drop but Mr. Lous is a wealth of knowlage,, and his car is plane sick look for mr. Lous trans-am on youtube. good luck and keep us updated
    know of a good place to get the strut brace? i'll check out his ta right now!

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

every time i list a web site i get hit because its not a sponsor. I like the ws6 store and texas speed i think i have bought just about everything there. but I am told they are not sponsors even though on there websites they claim to sponsor this website. if you sear sponsors it will list all kinds of sites. but i bought my strut tower brace from the ws6 store. hear you go

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=1626

metallic pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Thumbs up

I have a 11 second trans-am ws6, and a lifted 97 wrangler with a winch lockers all that good stuff. I also have a thaoe lt. When something breaks on the jeep or the bird, I dont sweat it..there toys and toys break when you play with them hard enough. When something breaks on my tahoe(rare)then I get pissed because it has no mods and is NEVER driven hard. so what is my point??? the trans-am is a toy drive it like one and expect something down the road to break. just be ready when it does. lets face it nobody buys these cars because they are great on gas or last forever. if you wanted that go buy a civic
    nicely put
    Last edited by supaxero; 10-26-2008 at 08:34 AM.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by blackws600 View Post
    9000. He has a dyno showing he puts 406 rwhp. Yea being he just put a new alternator and battery and clutch, the only other tihng im worried about is throwing a rod *which just happened to my friends camaro*. Or waterpump/soemthingl ike that. It needs rear tires aswell. So basically what im hoping to do is get it, and save up a kitty of like 500+ bucks just as a break down fund. Its a well taken care of car, and he's put a good amount of money in it.
    with 406 rwhp sounds someting along the line of a 232 cam thing must sound healthy post pics and vid when you get it.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

You got an awesome deal. I got my 98 with 100K for 7500. It's got 136K on it now and no problems whatsoever except the tranny(pretty much the same mods as your car motor wise). I did have to replace the tranny @ 132K but eh, to be expected. I drive my car hard but I take care of her. Do the same and it will last you. Have some money set aside for window motors though. I have replaced the drivers side on mine 3 times.

Thread Information