1999 T/A

new and just bought a 99 T/A

I bought a 1999 trans am and on the back it has a ws7 badge. now wtf is a ws7? did someone just slap that on there or can it mean anything? also, i wanted to get a new muffler for my car but i cant decide. It already has magnaflows on there but i want the loudest possible exhaust so wich muffler would be very loud.(headers arent an option right now)

Silver
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by via sin dios View Post
    I bought a 1999 trans am and on the back it has a ws7 badge. now wtf is a ws7? did someone just slap that on there or can it mean anything? also, i wanted to get a new muffler for my car but i cant decide. It already has magnaflows on there but i want the loudest possible exhaust so wich muffler would be very loud.(headers arent an option right now)
    A WS7 is a normal Trans Am that someone converted to a WS6. They call it WS7 because its not a real WS6. Maybe someone else could explain it better than me. The loudest muffler I have heard is the SLP loudmouth and they sound pretty nice too. Just one question I have heard the magnaflows are good mufflers. Why do you want to get rid of them? If all you want is loud you could but an electric cutout in.

Where in Chicago are you located? I live on the southeast side right next to Indiana

1999 T/A

i live in bloomingdale, about 30 mins from down town. About the magnaflows, yea alot of people and friends like the sound and tell me to leave it. and i was actually thinking about the cutouts but mabie not the electronic one.

1999 T/A

and how do i know that its converted to a ws6 and its not just the ws7 badge someone might have slapped on there

Silver
    1998 Trans Am

someone could have just put the badge on there. Honestly IMO I don't think it would really matter. From my understanding, All the WS6 is the hood, ram air, and a suspension upgrade. All of which I personally would be changing on the car anyway. Not really sure what your plans are but yeah its really not that big of a deal. Not something I'd worry too much about.

Thread Information