Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

New Here My WS6

This is a discussion on New Here My WS6 within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I got this about three weeks ago as a Toy. Have a Newer Tahoe for Daily I got this from ...

  1. #1
    Slowass SUX!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    256

    09 Sierra Denali AWD
    2001 T/A WS6 NBM

    New Here My WS6

    I got this about three weeks ago as a Toy. Have a Newer Tahoe for Daily
    I got this from a smaller dealer in Dayton Ohio.
    Paid $9500 Good Deal i Thought!
    It is 2001 WS6 M6 Dark Blue had 98000 miles
    Mods ....
    Hooker Super Comp Headers
    Borla Exhaust System
    Just put some new Sumitomo HTR+ Tires


    any suggestions on mods?

    By amberjade53, shot with DSC-S700 at 2008-11-16


    By amberjade53, shot with DSC-S700 at 2008-11-16


    By amberjade53, shot with DSC-S700 at 2008-11-16
    Last edited by 2001ws6; 11-17-2008 at 04:50 PM.

  2. #2
    Member 1998 T/A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Huron Ohio
    Posts
    759

    Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

    port and polish your throttle body...Lid and intake is a good start.

  3. #3
    Slowass SUX!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    256

    09 Sierra Denali AWD
    2001 T/A WS6 NBM

    Quote Originally Posted by 1998 T/A View Post
    port and polish your throttle body...Lid and intake is a good start.
    Intake? I thought best to stay with LS6?

  4. #4
    Member tpilews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    918

    Black
    '98 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001ws6 View Post
    Intake? I thought best to stay with LS6?
    Yeah, the ls6 intake is good. A lid is an easy mod that can dress up the engine bay a little bit.

  5. #5
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly+Glenmoore, Pa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,704

    Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001ws6 View Post
    Intake? I thought best to stay with LS6?
    Yeah, the LS6 intake is fine dont change it unless you are doing Heads and Cam.

    Definitely get a lid though.

    Good buy too! You got a good deal and wont be disappointed.

  6. #6
    Slowass SUX!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    256

    09 Sierra Denali AWD
    2001 T/A WS6 NBM

    Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post
    Yeah, the LS6 intake is fine dont change it unless you are doing Heads and Cam.

    Definitely get a lid though.

    Good buy too! You got a good deal and wont be disappointed.
    lid meaning slp lid or clear?

  7. #7
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001ws6 View Post
    lid meaning slp lid or clear?
    Lids are mostly preference of the buyer based on looks (not much difference between them performance wise).

  8. #8
    Senior Member Too Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,170

    Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

    Looks good, love that color. I had a '98 TA that was NBM.

  9. #9
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly+Glenmoore, Pa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,704

    Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Lids are mostly preference of the buyer based on looks (not much difference between them performance wise).
    Yeah, anything will flow better than the stock baffled lid.

  10. #10
    Slowass SUX!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    256

    09 Sierra Denali AWD
    2001 T/A WS6 NBM

    Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post
    Yeah, anything will flow better than the stock baffled lid.
    So the stock ram air box is not very good.....what kind do you like ...heard SLP has a good one..is there any others?

  11. #11
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly+Glenmoore, Pa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,704

    Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001ws6 View Post
    So the stock ram air box is not very good.....what kind do you like ...heard SLP has a good one..is there any others?
    I have an SLP one but it rubs a bit on the underside of the hood so i think im gonna go with the MTI clear lid.

    Heres a good site to pick one up from.

    http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...13bcd70c0f510c

  12. #12
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    nitrous, heads, cam, gears how much you got?
    nice car by the way.

  13. #13
    Slowass SUX!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    256

    09 Sierra Denali AWD
    2001 T/A WS6 NBM

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

    seems like a good deal
    is this the slp lid that is best or is this the only one they make?

  14. #14
    Junior Member 30th ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stafford, VA 22554
    Age
    48
    Posts
    32

    Blue w/tan interior.
    2002 ws6 & 1987 G/N

    Talking

    Umm...very nice car!! I have a 02 NBM with the same color interior. You could park the two of them beside each other & never tell the difference.

  15. #15
    Slowass SUX!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    256

    09 Sierra Denali AWD
    2001 T/A WS6 NBM

    Quote Originally Posted by 30th ws6 View Post
    Umm...very nice car!! I have a 02 NBM with the same color interior. You could park the two of them beside each other & never tell the difference.
    i wanted the 02 just because it was last year but could not pass on the money factor with this one

  16. #16
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001ws6 View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

    seems like a good deal
    is this the slp lid that is best or is this the only one they make?
    that be the only lid they make, you'll have ti use a hair dryer to get that thing to fit the maf otherwise it's to hard.

  17. #17
    Member Gundlach9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    St. Charles, IL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    122

    Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am WS6

    Gotta love those NBM TAs!

  18. #18
    Slowass SUX!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    256

    09 Sierra Denali AWD
    2001 T/A WS6 NBM

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    that be the only lid they make, you'll have ti use a hair dryer to get that thing to fit the maf otherwise it's to hard.
    good info to know thanks

  19. #19
    Slowass SUX!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    256

    09 Sierra Denali AWD
    2001 T/A WS6 NBM

    Quote Originally Posted by Gundlach9 View Post
    Gotta love those NBM TAs!
    i was going for a black one but then saw this color and loved it !

  20. #20
    Junior Member 30th ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stafford, VA 22554
    Age
    48
    Posts
    32

    Blue w/tan interior.
    2002 ws6 & 1987 G/N

    Quote Originally Posted by 2001ws6 View Post
    i wanted the 02 just because it was last year but could not pass on the money factor with this one
    I truly understand that! If I found the same deal as you I would have jumped on it. Mine has 30000 miles on her & I paid right at 19,000 last year for it. I put the SLP lid on it & do not have any rubbing issues like mentioned above. Be careful with some of the other SLP stuff (other than the lid) they have had several quility control issues with some of their stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •