Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sebring Silver
    2002 T/A FireHawk

New door stickers

My car was wrecked before i got. The drivers door was replaced and now i dont have the factory stickers. Does anyone know where i can get these at?
    Bruce

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by kirbbssters FireHawk View Post
    My car was wrecked before i got. The drivers door was replaced and now i dont have the factory stickers. Does anyone know where i can get these at?

EBAY EBAY EBAY!!!

White
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by kirbbssters FireHawk View Post
    I would say go to the dealer. They will need your vin to order the stickers. Good luck.

2000pontiac6
    you mean the one on the inside of the door? same thing happend to me... i went to the dealer and said they wont/cant reproduce one for me. So basically we're both screwed

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by 2000pontiac6 View Post
    you mean the one on the inside of the door? same thing happend to me... i went to the dealer and said they wont/cant reproduce one for me. So basically we're both screwed
    CORRECT. The dealers cannot reproduce the RPO decal w/ the VIN# because that would be fraud. GM won't either to combat fraudulent cars being created by chop-shops. If I've said it once, I've said it a 1000 times, IF you still have your RPO decal on the door, TAKE A GOOD PICTURE of it before some jerk runs a stop light and smashes your door and destroys the decal. I'm lucky that when my door was smashed the decal survived and I had it cut out of the old door before it was replaced. It's now safe and sound in my house instead of on the door where GM made it oh too vulnerable to destruction.

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

2000pontiac6
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag View Post
    CORRECT. The dealers cannot reproduce the RPO decal w/ the VIN# because that would be fraud. GM won't either to combat fraudulent cars being created by chop-shops. If I've said it once, I've said it a 1000 times, IF you still have your RPO decal on the door, TAKE A GOOD PICTURE of it before some jerk runs a stop light and smashes your door and destroys the decal. I'm lucky that when my door was smashed the decal survived and I had it cut out of the old door before it was replaced. It's now safe and sound in my house instead of on the door where GM made it oh too vulnerable to destruction.
    So theres no possible way to get it reproduced????? ugh. the least the shop could have done was take a pic of it or try and cut it out

Artic White
    2002 Ws6

http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/decals-emblems.html
    they have them in about every color.

Sebring Silver
    2002 T/A FireHawk

that would have been a great idea, to bad it happened before i got the car.

2000 Trans Am

What is the RPO code and what exactly does it mean. Where can I find it?

Black
    2001 Pontiac

Quote Originally Posted by bwinch View Post
    http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/decals-emblems.html
    they have them in about every color.

And just where the hell do you see RPO code decals on that page?!?

The RPO code decal is on the drivers side door jam, on the door.
    It simply lists all the build codes that were used for the car when it was manufactured. Most often people look at them to verify that the car really did originally come with the WS6 code. (Or WU6 code, or WU8 code, or etc., etc., ...)

black
    2002 WS6

The RPO codes are used for the options on the car, basicly a short list of what came on the car.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Orcus79 View Post
    The RPO codes are used for the options on the car, basicly a short list of what came on the car.
    Does anyone know a website that describes every single code?

Black
    2001 Pontiac

Quote Originally Posted by Orcus79 View Post
    Oh Snap! Why didn't I think of that?!?

Artic White
    2002 Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by PontiacFan View Post
    And just where the hell do you see RPO code decals on that page?!?

The RPO code decal is on the drivers side door jam, on the door.
    It simply lists all the build codes that were used for the car when it was manufactured. Most often people look at them to verify that the car really did originally come with the WS6 code. (Or WU6 code, or WU8 code, or etc., etc., ...)
    Well prior to me posting it was not specified that he wanted to RPO code sticker. I thought he was talking about the exterior door emblems.

Black
    2001 Pontiac

Quote Originally Posted by bwinch View Post
    Well prior to me posting it was not specified that he wanted to RPO code sticker. I thought he was talking about the exterior door emblems.
    Ah-so, ..., A misunderstanding on my part. My apologies.
    True, it's not so definite in the beginning, is it?!?

jeff gordon
    2001 Trans Am

hey when i got my my 2001 Trans Am convertible painted like JEFF GORDON'S car the bodyshop pulled them off and sent them to a print shop to get new ones. he told me GM will not make new ones. so he sent them to the print shop to get identical one's made but i don't have them yet so i can't say how it will turn out.

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by ShowstoppaTransAm View Post
    hey when i got my my 2001 Trans Am convertible painted like JEFF GORDON'S car the bodyshop pulled them off and sent them to a print shop to get new ones. he told me GM will not make new ones. so he sent them to the print shop to get identical one's made but i don't have them yet so i can't say how it will turn out.
    Have you ever tried to remove those door decals? It's pretty tough to do without destroying the decal, GM used what appears to be some wierd clear plastic sheet w/ the black lettering on the front and a layer of "striped" white adhesive on the back. When the decal is on the door, it appears as a simple white decal, but when you peel it off half of the white adhesive layer stays attached to the door and the other half comes off w/ the clear plastic sheet, leaving a diagonal "striped" decal that would be kinda difficult to copy. Not saying it's impossible given enough photoshop time and printing on a white decal sheet. I'd be interested seeing how yours comes out. I've considered doing this myself, as my RPO decal is still attached to the base door fiberglass and is easy to scan to scale.

99 Formula

so does anyone have a lead on these , they are gone on my car so i have nothing to try and remake them with .

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    Does anyone know a website that describes every single code?
    Here is links to every GM RPO code.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...99#post1736499

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairetransam View Post
    so does anyone have a lead on these , they are gone on my car so i have nothing to try and remake them with .

See if the Dealer will give you a print out of what is under your Vin.

If they will I can give you a pic of my door sticker and you can get the format of what it looks like.

Next I would contact Emblem Pros (site sponsor) www.emblempros.com

They may be willing able to make a custom etched plate for you.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Justin put up a link on here the other day to look up your vin# rpo codes and what they mean. Just not sure what thread it was in.

Thread Information