Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

New door stickers

This is a discussion on New door stickers within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; My car was wrecked before i got. The drivers door was replaced and now i dont have the factory stickers. ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Gurnee, IL
    Posts
    30

    Sebring Silver
    2002 T/A FireHawk

    New door stickers

    My car was wrecked before i got. The drivers door was replaced and now i dont have the factory stickers. Does anyone know where i can get these at?
    Bruce

  2. #2
    Senior Member clg82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,453
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by kirbbssters FireHawk View Post
    My car was wrecked before i got. The drivers door was replaced and now i dont have the factory stickers. Does anyone know where i can get these at?


    EBAY EBAY EBAY!!!

  3. #3
    Member SS-Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    241

    White
    2000 SS Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by kirbbssters FireHawk View Post
    My car was wrecked before i got. The drivers door was replaced and now i dont have the factory stickers. Does anyone know where i can get these at?
    I would say go to the dealer. They will need your vin to order the stickers. Good luck.

  4. #4
    2000pontiac6
    Guest
    you mean the one on the inside of the door? same thing happend to me... i went to the dealer and said they wont/cant reproduce one for me. So basically we're both screwed

  5. #5
    Orig Regist: 9/98
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    535

    Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000pontiac6 View Post
    you mean the one on the inside of the door? same thing happend to me... i went to the dealer and said they wont/cant reproduce one for me. So basically we're both screwed
    CORRECT. The dealers cannot reproduce the RPO decal w/ the VIN# because that would be fraud. GM won't either to combat fraudulent cars being created by chop-shops. If I've said it once, I've said it a 1000 times, IF you still have your RPO decal on the door, TAKE A GOOD PICTURE of it before some jerk runs a stop light and smashes your door and destroys the decal. I'm lucky that when my door was smashed the decal survived and I had it cut out of the old door before it was replaced. It's now safe and sound in my house instead of on the door where GM made it oh too vulnerable to destruction.

    Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

  6. #6
    2000pontiac6
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag View Post
    CORRECT. The dealers cannot reproduce the RPO decal w/ the VIN# because that would be fraud. GM won't either to combat fraudulent cars being created by chop-shops. If I've said it once, I've said it a 1000 times, IF you still have your RPO decal on the door, TAKE A GOOD PICTURE of it before some jerk runs a stop light and smashes your door and destroys the decal. I'm lucky that when my door was smashed the decal survived and I had it cut out of the old door before it was replaced. It's now safe and sound in my house instead of on the door where GM made it oh too vulnerable to destruction.
    So theres no possible way to get it reproduced????? ugh. the least the shop could have done was take a pic of it or try and cut it out

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    missouri
    Age
    31
    Posts
    179

    Artic White
    2002 Ws6

    http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/decals-emblems.html
    they have them in about every color.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Gurnee, IL
    Posts
    30

    Sebring Silver
    2002 T/A FireHawk

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag View Post
    CORRECT. The dealers cannot reproduce the RPO decal w/ the VIN# because that would be fraud. GM won't either to combat fraudulent cars being created by chop-shops. If I've said it once, I've said it a 1000 times, IF you still have your RPO decal on the door, TAKE A GOOD PICTURE of it before some jerk runs a stop light and smashes your door and destroys the decal. I'm lucky that when my door was smashed the decal survived and I had it cut out of the old door before it was replaced. It's now safe and sound in my house instead of on the door where GM made it oh too vulnerable to destruction.
    that would have been a great idea, to bad it happened before i got the car.

  9. #9
    Senior Member clg82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,453
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag View Post
    CORRECT. The dealers cannot reproduce the RPO decal w/ the VIN# because that would be fraud. GM won't either to combat fraudulent cars being created by chop-shops. If I've said it once, I've said it a 1000 times, IF you still have your RPO decal on the door, TAKE A GOOD PICTURE of it before some jerk runs a stop light and smashes your door and destroys the decal. I'm lucky that when my door was smashed the decal survived and I had it cut out of the old door before it was replaced. It's now safe and sound in my house instead of on the door where GM made it oh too vulnerable to destruction.
    What is the RPO code and what exactly does it mean. Where can I find it?

  10. #10
    38 of 139 PontiacFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kearney, NE
    Posts
    931

    Black
    2001 Pontiac

    Quote Originally Posted by bwinch View Post
    http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/decals-emblems.html
    they have them in about every color.

    And just where the hell do you see RPO code decals on that page?!?

    The RPO code decal is on the drivers side door jam, on the door.
    It simply lists all the build codes that were used for the car when it was manufactured. Most often people look at them to verify that the car really did originally come with the WS6 code. (Or WU6 code, or WU8 code, or etc., etc., ...)

  11. #11
    Senior Member Orcus79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,346

    black
    2002 WS6

    The RPO codes are used for the options on the car, basicly a short list of what came on the car.

  12. #12
    Senior Member clg82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,453
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Orcus79 View Post
    The RPO codes are used for the options on the car, basicly a short list of what came on the car.
    Does anyone know a website that describes every single code?

  13. #13
    38 of 139 PontiacFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kearney, NE
    Posts
    931

    Black
    2001 Pontiac

    Quote Originally Posted by Orcus79 View Post
    The RPO codes are used for the options on the car, basicly a short list of what came on the car.
    Oh Snap! Why didn't I think of that?!?

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    missouri
    Age
    31
    Posts
    179

    Artic White
    2002 Ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by PontiacFan View Post
    And just where the hell do you see RPO code decals on that page?!?

    The RPO code decal is on the drivers side door jam, on the door.
    It simply lists all the build codes that were used for the car when it was manufactured. Most often people look at them to verify that the car really did originally come with the WS6 code. (Or WU6 code, or WU8 code, or etc., etc., ...)
    Well prior to me posting it was not specified that he wanted to RPO code sticker. I thought he was talking about the exterior door emblems.

  15. #15
    38 of 139 PontiacFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kearney, NE
    Posts
    931

    Black
    2001 Pontiac

    Quote Originally Posted by bwinch View Post
    Well prior to me posting it was not specified that he wanted to RPO code sticker. I thought he was talking about the exterior door emblems.
    Ah-so, ..., A misunderstanding on my part. My apologies.
    True, it's not so definite in the beginning, is it?!?

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    savannah, ga
    Posts
    3

    jeff gordon
    2001 Trans Am

    hey when i got my my 2001 Trans Am convertible painted like JEFF GORDON'S car the bodyshop pulled them off and sent them to a print shop to get new ones. he told me GM will not make new ones. so he sent them to the print shop to get identical one's made but i don't have them yet so i can't say how it will turn out.

  17. #17
    Orig Regist: 9/98
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    535

    Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

    Quote Originally Posted by ShowstoppaTransAm View Post
    hey when i got my my 2001 Trans Am convertible painted like JEFF GORDON'S car the bodyshop pulled them off and sent them to a print shop to get new ones. he told me GM will not make new ones. so he sent them to the print shop to get identical one's made but i don't have them yet so i can't say how it will turn out.
    Have you ever tried to remove those door decals? It's pretty tough to do without destroying the decal, GM used what appears to be some wierd clear plastic sheet w/ the black lettering on the front and a layer of "striped" white adhesive on the back. When the decal is on the door, it appears as a simple white decal, but when you peel it off half of the white adhesive layer stays attached to the door and the other half comes off w/ the clear plastic sheet, leaving a diagonal "striped" decal that would be kinda difficult to copy. Not saying it's impossible given enough photoshop time and printing on a white decal sheet. I'd be interested seeing how yours comes out. I've considered doing this myself, as my RPO decal is still attached to the base door fiberglass and is easy to scan to scale.

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Upstate Ny
    Posts
    88
    99 Formula

    so does anyone have a lead on these , they are gone on my car so i have nothing to try and remake them with .

  19. #19
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    10,505

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

    Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    Does anyone know a website that describes every single code?
    Here is links to every GM RPO code.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...99#post1736499


    Quote Originally Posted by Ramairetransam View Post
    so does anyone have a lead on these , they are gone on my car so i have nothing to try and remake them with .

    See if the Dealer will give you a print out of what is under your Vin.

    If they will I can give you a pic of my door sticker and you can get the format of what it looks like.

    Next I would contact Emblem Pros (site sponsor) www.emblempros.com

    They may be willing able to make a custom etched plate for you.

  20. #20
    Senior Member raynor139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,319

    Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Justin put up a link on here the other day to look up your vin# rpo codes and what they mean. Just not sure what thread it was in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Power door lock doesn't work on drivers door..
    By 99RedTa6spd in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-03-2014, 09:20 AM
  2. Installed door weather striping, now can't close door.
    By Street Fighter in forum General Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-17-2013, 05:40 PM
  3. Question: stickers yay or na
    By Beach Cruiser JR in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 08:55 PM
  4. Driver Door Stickers (wanted/reproduced)
    By Ramair1 in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 01:18 PM
  5. where to order door slp option stickers?
    By steveo346 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2005, 07:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •