Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

black
    98 trans am

needing sum info

i got a 98 trans am. i am thinking about the ws9 hood and the volant cool air intake. does anyone know if this intake fits to the hood or does it simply have an air box lid that the website isnt picturing. also does anyone have any true spec on that intake. they say up 14 hp/40 pounds torque but thats just what they say

White
    1998 Trans Am

Not sure about exact but after the Volant and I modified the aftermarket WS6 hood it felt better when you hit wot especially on the highway. I also added the pulleys at the same time. Now while one may not have felt as good the combo helped the feel when you get on it.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Blog Entries

black
    98 trans am

does that air box come with a lid on it. or is it made to work with the ws6 or 9 hood

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

works great with either hood... Im sure that those numbers are the Ideal numbers but its deffinately stronger....

check these out for a better idea....
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showpost.p...4&postcount=35

Blog Entries

black
    98 trans am

thank you. i am having trouble picking between this and just the slp air box lid. i have herd the slp lid is an auto 10hp to the rear wheels

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

depends on your plans, if your looking for as much HP as you can get and are plannin numerous other mods, go volant

if you just want the basics, and a quick car that looks clean, go with a lid....

Blog Entries

black
    98 trans am

so far i have done the muffler. i am getting the ws9 hood other than that the only other thing i really have planed is mabey going all the way back from the muffler to the headers with slp piping. i like the look of the volant but not the pricei like the price of the slp lid but not the looks of it unless i got the clear slp lid and found a double cone air filter to go with it. that might look good. i also have questions on if i get the ram air box with the ws9 hood what keeps rain and other water from coming thru the vents and getting in ur air box and being sucked into the intake

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by herelizerd View Post
    so far i have done the muffler. i am getting the ws9 hood other than that the only other thing i really have planed is mabey going all the way back from the muffler to the headers with slp piping. i like the look of the volant but not the pricei like the price of the slp lid but not the looks of it unless i got the clear slp lid and found a double cone air filter to go with it. that might look good. i also have questions on if i get the ram air box with the ws9 hood what keeps rain and other water from coming thru the vents and getting in ur air box and being sucked into the intake
    ok ok first off, slp ypipes an suck also.....

volant will be about your best and most effiecint Intake option and is worth the price IMO,

Lids work fine, but you dont run cone filters with lids... impossible

and there are baffles in the hoods tho prevent it, but even with a debaffled hood and the volant system water is never an issue, even people with systems such as FTRA, dont have problems with water in heavy rain....

Blog Entries

black
    98 trans am

oh ok got ya some web sites make it look like u can just use a cone filter with the lid i guess slight of mind to make a sale. i am also looking at tires have read good and bad things about kumo tires do you have any exp with them

White
    1998 Trans Am

I have Kumo's Ecsta ASX's on my 18's and there good tires. Wear well and handle good, also I got a good deal on them with my rims. I got good traction with minor mods that I have , volant, LS6, pulleys, cat back, ect..... Now i have Long tubes, ory, 3.73s, tranny retuned to shift hard and rune to 6k in every gear, and changed some of the original dyno tune(too rich and not enought timing)to a more agressive tune I have some issues getting traction on launch and the 1-2 shift usually gets a few feet of spin. Plan on getting stickier rubber when I do the stall or 6spd converion and cam.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

oh ok got ya some web sites make it look like u can just use a cone filter with the lid i guess slight of mind to make a sale. i am also looking at tires have read good and bad things about kumo tires do you have any exp with them
    the only 2 that i know of that run cone type filters and are mass produced, would be Volant and K&N cold air intakes (not to confuse with K&N drop in filter), each does not run a lid, Volant being the superior one here....

Just a Ryan stated, Kumho Extas ASX are good tires, and based off milage ratings should be one of the longest wearing tires (A 420 rating), while still maintainging their AA traction rating.... btw i run them on my TTM's and have not had a problem yet but they are only 3 months old.....

Blog Entries

black
    98 trans am

damn for sum reason i cant do a new post.....i am getting a trouble code secondary air injection. any body have exp with this code in the past if so any help

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

I believe that is your AIR system......

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    I believe that is your AIR system......
    Yup.. thats your AIR pump.

Most likely a check valve went out.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

yea just remove the whole system lol

Blog Entries

black
    98 trans am

when i went to buy the car the salesman took it to the shop and they checked the air pump and said it was working after replacing all four o2 sen then got the air code. maybe a lie?...but he droped from $7995 to $7400 also replaced the ac compress, damper and valve... so either something else was wrong thats expensive or he just didnt want to fool with it. but i def got the 2ndary air injection code . damn haynes book dont help much in that section. lol the car didnt come with a owners man. went to put coolent in today the sticker under hood said to check the man for proper way to fill if not done right could cause damage. i was like what the hell

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

when i went to buy the car the salesman took it to the shop and they checked the air pump and said it was working after replacing all four o2 sen then got the air code. maybe a lie?...but he droped from $7995 to $7400 also replaced the ac compress, damper and valve... so either something else was wrong thats expensive or he just didnt want to fool with it. but i def got the 2ndary air injection code . damn haynes book dont help much in that section. lol the car didnt come with a owners man. went to put coolent in today the sticker under hood said to check the man for proper way to fill if not done right could cause damage. i was like what the hell
    the AIR pump takes normal air and pumps it into the exhaust manifolds, I would buy the block off plates and have it tuned out but thats my opinion, but they did alot of other stuff that probably did not need done.... "GM Mechanics"

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

His state requires emissions I do believe. The check valve is a easy cheap fix if you feel like checking it out...

Blog Entries

black
    98 trans am

yeah i do have to have it. but i will check dat out

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Im going to suggest trying a little better spelling also....

Thread Information