• Flames

5 15.63%
  • Racing Stripes

12 37.50%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

Need some paint ideas

I need some help in deciding on a paint theme on my car. I had it painted last year and the guy painted it way too thick with clear and I got fish eyes on the spoiler and some other stuff going on with it. well, my buddy has a paint shop and we've made a deal. he's going to repaint it for me. he said once it's blocked and sanded, ready for the base coat, it's now or never if i want to paint flames, two-tone, stripes, etc. well I'm leaning very heavily towards the rarely seen Z15 paint theme. granted my car is red and I do wish to keep it that way. here's a link for the Z15 http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/specia...-firebird.html

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

If I ever repaint my car, since I have the black Z06 rims, I think I will go with an olive green. I think it would look mean and that chances of someone else having it.

Red
    '68 Camaro RS, '11 Camaro

The drakar looks pretty sweet. I would keep the red, and go with a black accent.

Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

that's what I'm thinking. don't know what color to break the black and red if i should do the Z15/CETA thought of silver. I'm just trying to think different and also---lifetime. i don't ever plan on repainting this car again.

Red
    '68 Camaro RS, '11 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by joedude02 View Post
    that's what I'm thinking. don't know what color to break the black and red if i should do the Z15/CETA thought of silver. I'm just trying to think different and also---lifetime. i don't ever plan on repainting this car again.
    IMO you shouldn't break the line with a different color. Just leave a 1/8 "pin stripe" of black around the border if you get what I mean. Black, 1/8 red, 1/8 black, red.

Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

any one else got an opinion?

Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

???not much response from this forum.

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

I've always liked the lines of our vehicles without any added stripes or accents. I think the body lines make a strong statement without having to add stripes. Our cars are still, I think, to this day ahead of their time in looks, design, and performance for the cost involved. Granted, the rearends could have been beefed up from the factory, as could the headlight actuators, but hey, no one has yet designed the perfect vehicle.....right? That's just my opinion!! I must say, I do like the way the Z15 sits on those 295/35ZR18 Goodyear Gatorbacks......

Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

bump

Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

bump

Red

Dude, are you bored??? heheha

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    I've always liked the lines of our vehicles without any added stripes or accents. I think the body lines make a strong statement without having to add stripes. Our cars are still, I think, to this day ahead of their time in looks, design, and performance for the cost involved.

Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

Dude, are you bored??? heheha
    i was expecting a little more feedback than what i've gotten on this already. i'm painting the car in december. i don't like stripes since everyone has them from f-body to a freakin miata. i also don't think racing stripes look that great on a ws6 ram air hood. i have an idea of a "FOOSE" style paint theme all the while staying within reason. i'm really digging the Z15 theme, just not yellow. the car is staying red. well, only a few more weeks until i start the prep.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Just my feedback, take it for what its worth(absolutely nothing) but I do not like the Z15 theme at all. I am all for uniqueness and setting yourself apart, but it that Z15 just does not look good at all IMO.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by joedude02 View Post
    i was expecting a little more feedback than what i've gotten on this already. i'm painting the car in december. i don't like stripes since everyone has them from f-body to a freakin miata. i also don't think racing stripes look that great on a ws6 ram air hood. i have an idea of a "FOOSE" style paint theme all the while staying within reason. i'm really digging the Z15 theme, just not yellow. the car is staying red. well, only a few more weeks until i start the prep.

Now that you mention it, I do like the hood stripes that fade into checkers near the top -- silver on red would look good imo.

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

black on red looks UHmazing IMO...

Red

Dude, I was only joking! I'm with ya man. I think the paint scheme was cool on the Z15, but I agree, I would never change my red either. I saw a red RamAir T/A with flames across the hood and down around the side vents, and it looked really good. I think it was on one of the post your bird threads. Red cars look really good with the yellow flames with white tips. I thought it did anyway...

Red

Toytime said it well and black does look good on red, but with me, that's the reason I didn't get a black T/A was because all the vents just seem to vanish amid all the blackness. Hence my choice for a white one I ordered from the factory and now my red one, the ram air hood and side vents really stand out. I don't think putting the blackout on the center of the hood would accentuate the ram air vents, and in my opinion, that is one of the strong points of our vehicles, seeing the Gorilla nostrils staring you down as you are coming down the road!!!

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Toytime said it well and black does look good on red, but with me, that's the reason I didn't get a black T/A was because all the vents just seem to vanish amid all the blackness. Hence my choice for a white one I ordered from the factory and now my red one, the ram air hood and side vents really stand out. I don't think putting the blackout on the center of the hood would accentuate the ram air vents, and in my opinion, that is one of the strong points of our vehicles, seeing the Gorilla nostrils staring you down as you are coming down the road!!!
    When I get back from my deployment next year I am either painting mine Spice Red with Silver Stripes or Electron blue with Black Stripes. This is my third black T/A and I want something new. I agree about the Ram Air vents. One of the best features of our cars.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

This paint scheme is very nice.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9X8oBi_UOY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9X8oBi_UOY[/ame]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information