• Rare Z15

15 46.88%
  • Flames

5 15.63%
  • Racing Stripes

12 37.50%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Need some paint ideas

This is a discussion on Need some paint ideas within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; You know Josh, you really would have to graffiti paint your car with spray cans to get "attacked" on this ...

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

You know Josh, you really would have to graffiti paint your car with spray cans to get "attacked" on this site. I think you had very good taste in painting it black and then clear. I also think the wheels look really good and if anyone has a problem with the support of the armed forces magnet, they need to be deported. Thing is about this site, we all love our cars and yours is a nice looking car that a whole lot of us would not mind driving. Everyone has little things wrong with their vehicles, but that doesn't mean we want to take 'em to the junkyard and get 'em crushed!!! Besides, if NO ONE liked my car, who cares??? I love it, and that is all that matters. I feel the same way about this one that I did about my '98 RamAir T/A WS6 that I ordered from the factory, God rest her soul. I'm keeping it til Jesus comes back, regardless of what anyone thinks about her or what's wrong with her. I consider it an opportunity to work on her and fix her back to her impressive, awesome, beautiful condition.....Don't tell my wife....she'll be jealous!!!!! I love my car.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Hey Josh, have you considered doing the sail panel and wing in the same color as the hood? So far, what you have is pretty nice. Black always looks good on red IMO.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

By the way...voted Z-15.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Hey Josh, have you considered doing the sail panel and wing in the same color as the hood? So far, what you have is pretty nice. Black always looks good on red IMO.
    Now that is an awesome idea....

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Do we have any photoshop wizards here to do some white over black or red over black?

Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

By the way...voted Z-15.
    Thanks for the support!

Red
    98 Trans Am

You know i thought about doing that but im not sure about all that much black going on it. i would like to do that bumber paint scheme, where the inner part of the bumber is blacked out. I think its calle the CEMA or SEMA paint scheme or something like that.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH.WS6 View Post
    lol yea It seems like you're really worried about being criticized... I think you're safe unless you start posting on a mustang forum. Then you may need to be concerned.

Its not a bad looking car! you're right it isn't a bad temp fix. Is your wheels older firehawk rims?
    Actually the rims are AT Italias. They actually came off my 87 TA before i sold it. It looks better in this one i think. they give it a much wider stance. not that tucked under look like the original rims.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    You know Josh, you really would have to graffiti paint your car with spray cans to get "attacked" on this site. I think you had very good taste in painting it black and then clear. I also think the wheels look really good and if anyone has a problem with the support of the armed forces magnet, they need to be deported. Thing is about this site, we all love our cars and yours is a nice looking car that a whole lot of us would not mind driving. Everyone has little things wrong with their vehicles, but that doesn't mean we want to take 'em to the junkyard and get 'em crushed!!! .
    Yeah i know, i just want to do it right, but be a little differnt.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    You know i thought about doing that but im not sure about all that much black going on it. i would like to do that bumber paint scheme, where the inner part of the bumber is blacked out. I think its calle the CEMA or SEMA paint scheme or something like that.
    The paint scheme you are referring to is called CETA for Collector Edition Trans Am. This painted lower bumper scheme came from the factory on the Collectors Edition T/A's. Most who add the scheme, paint it in semi flat... not really gloss and not really primer, kind of in between. I have been thinking about doing the same to mine. It will also make the exhaust tips stand out more...black and chrome.

Red

If you haven't already, look at the youtube video on page one of this thread. It's a red T/A with black light covers and what looks like black eye shadow. Check out the sail panel on it....fade from black to red....awesome! I'm sure whatever you decide to do will look good...

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

why not do the z15 style...but leave your car red and do the black stripe. still good contrast while remaining unique.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    The paint scheme you are referring to is called CETA for Collector Edition Trans Am. This painted lower bumper scheme came from the factory on the Collectors Edition T/A's. Most who add the scheme, paint it in semi flat... not really gloss and not really primer, kind of in between. I have been thinking about doing the same to mine. It will also make the exhaust tips stand out more...black and chrome.
    Yeah that one, sorry, i never really knew what it was called, thanks for the education

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Click for full sizeClick for full sizehttp://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee357/JT_Grooms/DSC00921.jpg

Heres what i got so far, no comments on the army magnet please.
    I'd leave the magnet on, but I would take the dealer sticker off the rear bumper fo sho.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    I'd leave the magnet on, but I would take the dealer sticker off the rear bumper fo sho.
    LOL! i forgot all about that, funny thing, i got this car at that Ford Dealership. Some poor sap traded it in for (at the time in 2006) a new Mustang. Wonder if hes kicking himself in the ass for that one?

but yeah, ive been working m way to that for a while now. when i get my hood done, i was gonna have that removed.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

LOL! i forgot all about that, funny thing, i got this car at that Ford Dealership. Some poor sap traded it in for (at the time in 2006) a new Mustang. Wonder if hes kicking himself in the ass for that one?

but yeah, ive been working m way to that for a while now. when i get my hood done, i was gonna have that removed.
    Funny, I bought my SS vert at a Ford dealership too, they gave me a great deal on it to get it off their lot

Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

Red
    98 Trans Am

sorry, i think i stole your thread, back on topic. I would have to say though, the Z15 scheme looks pretty cool too. Im not too into strips myself... everyone does it, and flames only look good if they look like REAL flames not that cartoonish 60's looking flame job. And those usually are hard to find someone that can do it RIGHT and if you do manage to find someone good, its most likey expensive as all hell. Hell i live in a Tourist tour in Wisconsin and an Autobody shop quoted me $4000 to paint my hood black for me. I laughed and never walked in that place ever again.

millenium yellow/green
    '02 CETA, '71 Firebird

an Autobody shop quoted me $4000 to paint my hood black for me.
    They musta thought you were a sucka

Sunset Orange
    Two, 2002 WS6 Trans Ams

This spring i will have the drekar Z15 style paint theme on my sunset orange bird. the yellow will stay orange though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information