• Rare Z15

15 46.88%
  • Flames

5 15.63%
  • Racing Stripes

12 37.50%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Need some paint ideas

This is a discussion on Need some paint ideas within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Looks like a beautiful woman with eyeshadow on!!! Nice!!!...

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Looks like a beautiful woman with eyeshadow on!!! Nice!!!

millenium yellow/green
    '02 CETA, '71 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by zahn33 View Post
    This paint scheme is very nice.
    I've seen that car before, thats too much for me. It sure looks different, but I would never do that to my car. But thats just my taste, I like clean looking cars.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    Looks like a beautiful woman with eyeshadow on!!! Nice!!!
    All TA's look like beautiful women.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Quote Originally Posted by zahn33 View Post
    This paint scheme is very nice.

ThX for posting that vid, I have been trying to find a better pic of that hood.

Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

i totally agree with everyone about the hood grills. i'm considering painting them silver or buying the chrome inserts from afterthoughts auto.

Red

That hood looks really good with that paint scheme. Looks like someone sat down and really thought out what would look good for that particular hood. I would be proud to own that vehicle. It's unique, that's for sure. And from the sound of it, seems like it would be pretty fast....

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

I have thought about stripes... I know that's not something that interest you, but they can look good if you make the stripes widen with the hood and flow over the top. I just can't decide White accents or Black.

If It didn't cost so much I would actually like to have someone take my whole car apart and paint it Cyber Grey Metallic with no stripes. Its a new GM color most notably on the C6 ZR1. To do it right you would have to take the car apart, so when you popped the hood, or took the t-tops off, or opened your door you wouldn't see red

Red

That Cyber Gray Metallic is very classy. I had a '73 Z/28 Camaro in that color with the black racing stripes and I loved it. Only thing, back then, they didn't have basecoat/clearcoat technology and the gray faded, in spite of my constant waxing or polishing. The black racing stripes stayed shiney though...man, I miss that car! Yeah, it would be nice to have our cars as projects, have another car to drive while tearing ours down and doing whatever we wanted to do to them....oh, forgot, and had the money to do it too!!!

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

That Cyber Gray Metallic is very classy. I had a '73 Z/28 Camaro in that color with the black racing stripes and I loved it. Only thing, back then, they didn't have basecoat/clearcoat technology and the gray faded, in spite of my constant waxing or polishing. The black racing stripes stayed shiney though...man, I miss that car! Yeah, it would be nice to have our cars as projects, have another car to drive while tearing ours down and doing whatever we wanted to do to them....oh, forgot, and had the money to do it too!!!
    Yeah I imagined that did look pretty sweet. I wished they had offered our cars from the factory with it. Pewter metallic is in the ballpark, but not quite there.

lol the money is the biggest thing.... I made a list. The other night I actually got bored enough in my night class to look up and add the cost of everything together. I'm easily looking at 7k. Its kinda discouraging to be honest.

Red

I know what you mean Brian. I think if I wanted to do that to my car, I would make sure my '98 Camaro was dependable and then start sanding down my car. The biggest expense, from what I'm told, is the prep. I would start at the nose and work my way back sanding by hand down to the primer. You wouldn't have to re-prime due to our cars being mostly fiberglass/plastic. The only metal is the rear quarters. Given there is no bodywork needed, you could sand all the paint off the car including the door jams, then when you had the money to re-paint, you could haul it in pieces to the painter of choice. What I'm saying is that you could limit the expense depending on how much of it you would like to do yourself. It would be a major undertaking, understood, but not impossible...where there's a will, there's a way!!

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

I know what you mean Brian. I think if I wanted to do that to my car, I would make sure my '98 Camaro was dependable and then start sanding down my car. The biggest expense, from what I'm told, is the prep. I would start at the nose and work my way back sanding by hand down to the primer. You wouldn't have to re-prime due to our cars being mostly fiberglass/plastic. The only metal is the rear quarters. Given there is no bodywork needed, you could sand all the paint off the car including the door jams, then when you had the money to re-paint, you could haul it in pieces to the painter of choice. What I'm saying is that you could limit the expense depending on how much of it you would like to do yourself. It would be a major undertaking, understood, but not impossible...where there's a will, there's a way!!
    lol true! I wish I were more body work experienced, but I stick to the mechanical side of things. It would be a task I would be afraid to undertake for fear that I might seriously mess it up.

Red

Hahahaha, I know what you mean. I really love the red color, and get so many compliments on it, I would have to be really convinced to paint it another color. If anything, I would light sand the red, then get it re-cleared to get the orange peel out of it. I have some right rear quarter damage which is hard to see in the pics, also some right front bumper damage and also rear bumper damage...high dollar replacement parts notwithstanding the cost to match and paint back to red....red is the hardest paint to match due to the different shades. Anyway, I think we have one of the coolest colors for a sports car...Ferrari's look good in red, like the other exotics, and then you have TransAms!!! So, we are in good company!!

Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

well, i've figured out the 2 tone colors. main body will stay red, charcoal black will be the other color used to do either stripes or the Drekar Z15 theme.

imo the z15 looks like poo I would do stripes that follow the body lines if anything

http://russian-brides-bes
    insorned73

Need some paint ideas

Thanks for the reply, so do they have an alcohol based paint that will wash off? The work that I was contacted about is for a one day event, so they need to be very temp. Thanks again.

Victory Red
    2002 T/A WS6 A4

well, after much thought of the amount of work needed to put the proper stripes on the car, i plan to do a Z15 clone paint scheme since it will be much easier.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Im on a stepping stone project kinda deal with my hood. Ive been putting it off since i havnt had cash but i did a good enough job that unless you stood on top of the hood, you cant tell i (dare i say, please dont banish me) spray painted my hood black and clearcoated it and sanded and stuff. I got a ws6 hood that came white, not quite a good color for a red car. however I like my whole hood black. I resently added red upper and lower hood vents and i think they look damn sexy, pics will follow as soon as i find them. Of course im planning (in the near future) to get the hood professionally finished so its not semi-gloss and get it as shinny as the rest of the car.... please no witch hunts
    Turbo build 99.9% complete

Red
    98 Trans Am

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee357/JT_Grooms/DSC00921.jpg

Heres what i got so far, no comments on the army magnet please.

millenium yellow/green
    '02 CETA, '71 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    please no witch hunts
    no comments on the army magnet please.
    your really worried about getting criticized huh? For the most part, everyone on here is nice lol

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Click for full sizeClick for full sizehttp://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee357/JT_Grooms/DSC00921.jpg

Heres what i got so far, no comments on the army magnet please.
    lol yea It seems like you're really worried about being criticized... I think you're safe unless you start posting on a mustang forum. Then you may need to be concerned.

Its not a bad looking car! you're right it isn't a bad temp fix. Is your wheels older firehawk rims?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information