Need some help with random stuff.
This is a discussion on Need some help with random stuff. within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Well its been a week since I bought my T/A. I absolutely love it. I just have some random questions ...
10-06-2010, 10:20 AM #1
Need some help with random stuff.
Well its been a week since I bought my T/A. I absolutely love it. I just have some random questions that I searched for but really couldn't find a definitive answer to.
1. If the centercaps are a dime a dozen to find, how come I can't find them? Where do I get those? I need some, the car looks incomplete without them.
2. Is Magnaflow cat back generally polished and shiny looking? Every exhaust pic I found depicted it that way, even their website. The day I bought my car and fired it up for the first time I had a feeling it sounded like a Flowmaster; ignored it, went on; climbed under car last night, and, well it looks like a Flow. I have Flow's on my 65 and 97, I don't want any more Flowmasters!! I did spend hours yesterday on the soundclips link and do think I like Borla the best.
3. The ride and handling of my car is perfect, can't complain, BUT does the Eibach Sportline lowering kit make it look like the fender is covering up the top half of the tire on any other T/A's? It does mine and so it makes the appearance of it uneven/unlevel front to back.
4. Where do I find the computer? I was told it had the hyper(?) programmer chip in it and I want to make full sure it does. My 95 LT1 had it in the computer, but I forgot where it was.
5. My Dad insists on buying new cats for it. A. Would it just be better if I talked him into buying the catted Y pipe? B. Is that the same? C. Do I need headers first? No quite understanding that stuff.
Thats all I can think of at the moment.
10-06-2010, 01:40 PM #2
- Join Date
- Feb 2009
- Mansfield, PA
Black & Blue
- '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban
1. No idea.
2. Magnaflow can be either polished or natural from the pics that I have seen. On mine, it is polished and has "Magnaflow" embossed in the casing.
3. No idea.
4. The PCM is located in the back passenger corner of the engine bay, partially under the cowl.
5. Long tube headers and a Y, catted or non-catted, is the way to go. Kooks, ARH, Pacesetter, etc... lots to choose from.
10-06-2010, 01:48 PM #3
Go with the pro-kit from Eibach thats what I had and it looked and felt good the tire was about an inch and a half from the fender and I was running 17in rims with a summitomo HTR-Z. ebay for the center caps and ebay option racing headers I've heard great things about and they're cheap.
10-06-2010, 02:26 PM #4
1. Try Classic Industries or Year One
The rest of the questions that I could answer are already answered
10-06-2010, 02:45 PM #5
- Join Date
- Nov 2009
- 1998 Trans am WS6
1. GMpartsdirect.com is where I ordered mine from. part #9592700 (if its the center cap that is black with "WS6" and "perfomance package" written on it)
Last edited by Ryan98WS6; 10-06-2010 at 02:50 PM.
10-06-2010, 03:04 PM #6
My flowmaster I welded in before doing my exhaust said flowmaster on it so yours should.
The eibach spotlines are the only springs I have seen that would make your car sit that low but it should ride rough since both the ones I have ridden in with those were terrible. Also someone could have just cut a couple coils off the springs to.lower it I.have seen that and they won't ride as harsh as the spotline springs.
Also on a ls1 the programmers are handheld I have never heard of a chip being sold someone may have used the hypertech to program it. Hard to say since I.have never heard of any real power gains that are noticeable from the handheld tuner.1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
02 Trailblazer -Sold
09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By FSANE in forum Almost Anything GoesReplies: 85Last Post: 11-17-2007, 09:17 AM
By Teufel Hunden in forum Rocky Mountain MembersReplies: 17Last Post: 11-16-2007, 01:03 PM
By psycho1000r in forum Parts For Sale / TradeReplies: 1Last Post: 10-29-2007, 04:52 PM
By cascade in forum Parts Wanted / TradeReplies: 2Last Post: 07-05-2006, 01:55 PM
By Killer in forum General ClassifiedsReplies: 5Last Post: 09-10-2005, 11:47 AM