Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Need opinions on a WS6 for sale

This is a discussion on Need opinions on a WS6 for sale within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; why in the hell do they want you to bring a mechanic with you? that makes no sense what so ...

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

why in the hell do they want you to bring a mechanic with you? that makes no sense what so ever.

This guy sounds like a douche bag-- and if you really have to hit all the forward gears before getting reverse to engage that sounds serious to me..

yea tell me about it, i feel like they want us to bring a mechanic to them maybe so we can't get it up on a lift or check the brakes, what can a mechanic really do without his tools? honestly, i suspect the brakes are going bad, and te transmission, because i should just be able to go straight to reverse, they claim it's been like that since day one, and also my moms fiance was driving it, and slowly began to engage to E brake to test the breaks, and it didn't react very well, didn't brake as much as it should have, so we kind of suspect the breaks may be wearing down and possibly thats why they dont want the mechanic, but who knows, maybe they will come to their senses and let my mechanic look at it, if not, im screwed cause there are literally no more m6 WS6s anywhere near me..

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 WS6

I know when I first started driving my M6, the R was wierd to get into (first time I have drivin a manual with the R near 6th), and when I go to back out of the garage, I couldn't get it to go in all of the way. I have no troubles now, and I am sure I was doing something wrong, but I sure it was some type of lock the prevents me from putting it into 6th. I bet you encountered some kind of trouble like I did. I have the exact same type of car your looked at with about 30K miles on it, I had to replace the brakes. If I was going to sell my car (which is mint and don't plan to) I couldn't justify knocking 2000 dollars because of some damn brakes.

Black
    2010 Black Camaro 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by Ford_Sucks View Post
    yea tell me about it, i feel like they want us to bring a mechanic to them maybe so we can't get it up on a lift or check the brakes, what can a mechanic really do without his tools? honestly, i suspect the brakes are going bad, and te transmission, because i should just be able to go straight to reverse, they claim it's been like that since day one, and also my moms fiance was driving it, and slowly began to engage to E brake to test the breaks, and it didn't react very well, didn't brake as much as it should have, so we kind of suspect the breaks may be wearing down and possibly thats why they dont want the mechanic, but who knows, maybe they will come to their senses and let my mechanic look at it, if not, im screwed cause there are literally no more m6 WS6s anywhere near me..
    i looked at about 10 or 12 ls1 ws6's..all over cali and az

i drove 600 miles to test drive mine, drove home.. arranged finances bought it, drove the 600 miles again then drove it home (only after the auto shipping company dicked me around for almost 6 weeks)

dont get discouraged just broaden your search

it's not justifying 2000 bucks, its justifying 500 bucks that i dont have so that they can try and skip out on my mechanic not looking at it, they say 16.5 if i bring a mechanic and cash to then, and 17 if they have to bring it into town, where initally they said would be no problem, and they are saying getting it into town, an hour away, would cost them 500 dollars more so they want 17, and my 16.5 is only pending the car being in perfect condition after the mechanic checks it out, and to you mustang_killa, i would broaden my search range, i have no problem driving anywhere, but i can't go to private dealers far away because they have to come in person to sign papers at my credit union.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

now that I think about it.. My reverse isn't hard, but at the same time, it isn't as simple as throwing it up in reverse either.

I usually have to let the clutch out just slightly to get it to go into reverse. I have never considered that a problem.

As far as the mechanic thing- How far away do you live from him again?

Black
    2010 Black Camaro 2SS

it's not justifying 2000 bucks, its justifying 500 bucks that i dont have so that they can try and skip out on my mechanic not looking at it, they say 16.5 if i bring a mechanic and cash to then, and 17 if they have to bring it into town, where initally they said would be no problem, and they are saying getting it into town, an hour away, would cost them 500 dollars more so they want 17, and my 16.5 is only pending the car being in perfect condition after the mechanic checks it out, and to you mustang_killa, i would broaden my search range, i have no problem driving anywhere, but i can't go to private dealers far away because they have to come in person to sign papers at my credit union.

your credit union should be able to overnight it to the private seller..thats what mine did, i live in az and went through my credit union that is ONLY located in missouri to buy a car in california lol..sounds messy but it worked and i got a good rate
    Last edited by Mustang Killa; 03-17-2008 at 07:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Purple 95 Camaro
    Arctic White 02 T/A WS6

Forget them man, in my opinion, it sounds like they're jerking you around, there will be plenty of better cars that you'll find other then these people
    when i found my car, it was listed at 26,it had 15k miles, 02 ws6 in mint condition, and we got them down to 18!!

seriously, its your money, dont let them try and screw you

yea i live an hour away, my credit union refuses to do anything with private party unless they are there in person to sign papers, and i agree i am fed up with these people being ridiculous, the whole problem is that the girl has sentimental value towards the car so she thinks it is worth way more than it actually is, which is understandable, but she needs to realize, and you would think with their house on the line they would be willing to see it for a very generous offer..

'98,'00 Bird '03, 14 Vets

Just so you know E-brake system is drum system seperate from the disc brakes / regular brake system.

It sounds like this car has problems. It's probably not worth $15K. They are just hurting because of their house and need every penny. The problem is they don't have the time to do this if they are trying to save their house.... They'll lose. Give them till the end of the week call them offer them $16.5 if they bring it to town and the mechanics says it OK. Tell them if there is any problems that need to be addressed your mechanic will give you a quote and you will subtract it from the price of the car. Don't beat around the bush. It will just upset you and them. If they say no just give them your number and tell them the deal is good until you find another car.. Move on ..... you'll find another awesome deal out there. It's always better to do this type of dealing face to face. Keep a straight face and be strong. I hate to say this because I wish my car with 44K miles was worth 15K with the 10K + I've put in it and it truely is showroom. But, I know it isn't worth more than $15K from looking around at others.
    Last edited by Mecinoid; 03-18-2008 at 02:47 AM.

you pretty much said exactly what i told them, i said my offer still stnads if you change your mind pending the ok from my mechanic, and if anythingi s wrong i will subtract that from the price...haven't heard from em since, haha

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Just drove the car, amazing condition, front two tires are different from back two, pointed that out, explained how the brakes seemed to be a little off and may need to be replaced and with the transmission you have to go threw each gear to get to reverse, so let them know about all that, and they live an hour and 15 minutes away from me, and they said, we will sell it for 16.5k if you bring cash and your mechanic to us, 17 if we bring it into town, and i said, im sorry to hear that but i cannot bring my mechanic or money to you, and will nto go above 16.5k, so let me know if you change your minds.

That Sucks. But you can find one that is in better shape for less $. If the tranny feels funny on an M-6 car it has probably been ragged to hell and back anyways. I had nothing but troubles with the manual Tranny, make sure you get a good one if you don't want to spend 2 grand replacing shift forks/synchronizers

Problem is that this is the last one within like 2 hours of me, and every other onei find is private owner, and they wont drive here to sign papers at my credit union, and my loan expires in about a week, so im screwed if these people dont decide very soon to stop being ridiculous and let me buy their car!

Purple 95 Camaro
    Arctic White 02 T/A WS6

Problem is that this is the last one within like 2 hours of me, and every other onei find is private owner, and they wont drive here to sign papers at my credit union, and my loan expires in about a week, so im screwed if these people dont decide very soon to stop being ridiculous and let me buy their car!
    There will always be another one my friend.

I know im sure another one will show up i just dont like waiting, i have waited forever and im tired of it, haha, i just need a WS6 or even an SS within an hour or so to pop up in good condition! haha

So i found a 00 SS camaro Silver vert with some pretty good upgrades on it, that is in town, with 25k miles, asking 16.5 obo, so i may be converting to the camaro, even though im not to much of a fan of verts, but i dunno car seems like it is in very good condition, still hopin the trans am people decide to change their minds, i sent em a message lettin em know that i found another car but im still hopin for theirs, but that i can't wait while they decide if they want to change their minds or not.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

So i found a 00 SS camaro Silver vert with some pretty good upgrades on it, that is in town, with 25k miles, asking 16.5 obo, so i may be converting to the camaro, even though im not to much of a fan of verts, but i dunno car seems like it is in very good condition, still hopin the trans am people decide to change their minds, i sent em a message lettin em know that i found another car but im still hopin for theirs, but that i can't wait while they decide if they want to change their minds or not.
    i have both, ss vert and ta ws6, i love the vert, but love the t tops and 6 speed too. tough call. good luck with it all. you can always get another loan. even better save some money for 6 months they you have a down payment for that 18-20k car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information