Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

Need an opinion for a future purchase

Below is a link for a 99 Trans am vert. Its not for me its for my buddy and I told him I'd post here. Anyway I looked at it when it sat on a local dealers lot last year. Drove it and it drove nice but the rear pass quarter is rusty, pretty bad for an 89k mile car in my opinion. It has a nasty weld going down the drive side inside door which tells me it may have been hit. Back when I looked at this I walked because of rust and the fact that I found a 2000 ws6 with a 6 speed. The person is asking 10 which I think is way high for that car in that condition (physically). Also the rear wheel wells are bulging underneath like rust is about to break through... What's your opinion?

1999 Pontiac Firebird Trans AM

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by 1998 T/A View Post
    Below is a link for a 99 Trans am vert. Its not for me its for my buddy and I told him I'd post here. Anyway I looked at it when it sat on a local dealers lot last year. Drove it and it drove nice but the rear pass quarter is rusty, pretty bad for an 89k mile car in my opinion. It has a nasty weld going down the drive side inside door which tells me it may have been hit. Back when I looked at this I walked because of rust and the fact that I found a 2000 ws6 with a 6 speed. The person is asking 10 which I think is way high for that car in that condition (physically). Also the rear wheel wells are bulging underneath like rust is about to break through... What's your opinion?

1999 Pontiac Firebird Trans AM
    I wouldn't touch it just for the reasons below:

The rust on the quarter tells me there was a poor body repair done.

There doors arent metal, so it should be impossible to find weld lines. Might be signs of the composite cracking. Only the trim boards naturally crack, so more evidence on a wreck and a poor repair job.

Lord knows what else you dont see. The guy is out of his gourd asking for ten, let someone else be the fool to buy it.

Are these problems exagerated? (ie: not as bad as it sounds??) There is no mention of it in the add and pictures aren't good enough to tell anything.

If it has issues like this, then it's definately something I'd have to see in person before I could give an honest opinion. If you live out there and you've seen it, you'll have to make your own judgement call. As far as price, eh, who knows. These things are priced all over the place depending on location and mileage, mods, overall shape. Some are dirt cheap and some are new car prices and everything in between. Just takes a certain kind of buyer looking for exactly what that car has to offer.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

There is no mention of rust but when I inquired about it she sent pics of the rusted area. I asked if it was the same car that was for sale last spring and she said it was.
    98' Trans AM RIP

00' WS6/Black/Pacesetter LT's/Magnaflow Exhaust/SLP lid/Nick Williams 92mm TB/FAST 92 Intake/BMR Strut Tower Brace/BMR Rear LCA's/BMR Panhard Bar

Thread Information