need to make decision SOON

This is a discussion on need to make decision SOON within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; suncoast raptor hood or slp ram air hood(slp 125 more)please tell me why your choice .thanks...

white
    2001 trans am

need to make decision SOON

suncoast raptor hood or slp ram air hood(slp 125 more)please tell me why your choice .thanks

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

you sayin the ram air ho from slp? if so i dont really like it, it doesnt match the body lines right imo. go raptor or get ahold of us exoctics and get a superhawk hood. better lookin than a raptor imo. however i just ordered a ws9 hood from us exoctics and they are pretty backed up, so it may take some time to get one if thats what ya want
    Last edited by GULLETT17; 05-22-2008 at 01:56 PM.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

If you want a ram air hood, then I wouldn't go with the aftermarket stuff myself. I'd go and get an original off ebay. A week ago there was a pewter ram air factory hood on there for only 450...the only thing that stopped me was the cash im out of right now. The only other hood I would consider is the WS9. But thats personal preference. Whatever you go with though, make sure it is functional. Obviously, if you need the decision made soon then ebay might not be the best bet. To tell you the truth, ramairhood.com to me has the best looking aftermarket ones. Just as close to the factory, just without the circles to verify it is factory. But if the choice is only between the raptor or the H.O. SLP hood, then i'm going to have to vote for the H.O. hood.

BTW - Anyone running a ramairhood.com hood? Was looking for some more insight of their hoods.

white
    2001 trans am

gullett 17

talked to us exotics they said they were getting away from the ram air for t/a's.said he was concentrating on the new stang hoods(more business)but he did give me a price of 900+shipping but said minimum 3 months.how long you have to wait

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by stang tired 1stTA View Post
    talked to us exotics they said they were getting away from the ram air for t/a's.said he was concentrating on the new stang hoods(more business)but he did give me a price of 900+shipping but said minimum 3 months.how long you have to wait
    really? i must be getting the last one lol......
    i had the SLP H.O. it blows, the base hood gives you more air....go with firehawk or ws6
    No Replacement For Displacement

Electric Blue Pearl
    2001 Trans Am

I also say get the OEM off ebay. I see them go between $450-$650 all the time when I was looking for mine. Luckily my neighbor damaged my OEM and his insurance paid for a new Ram Air for me...lol

Black
    2001 Pontiac

Raptor, ...

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

Quote Originally Posted by stang tired 1stTA View Post
    yeah. . . thats what he told me too. im still waitin on mine. . . i prob have another couple weeks til i have it, but mines been in the "process" (questions, how busy they were) of bein ordered for a few months now. so i guess go raptor, suncoast makes good quality hoods. it sounds like you dont want the stock ram air look. . . so you may look for a used firehawk hood also. if you want a close to exact replica ws6 hood, go trufiber. you can find one of those shipped for under 600, and i heard they are great quality
    Last edited by GULLETT17; 05-23-2008 at 05:14 AM.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

mecham titan hood ftw!!!

every thing else sucks...

white
    2001 trans am

thanks for all your opinions.went with the raptor from suncoast w/the open air box.would have liked us exotics but wait was very long although i agree does look better especially w/heat extractors.was also a little leary about cutting the safety latch on the superhawk hood.slp nice to but will only ship to a body shop.again thanks

white
    2001 trans am

one more thing.if anyone ever sees an actual firehawk hood for sale please let me know would love to have the real thing

Thread Information