Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 141 to 159 of 159

need to lower my t/a....pics request

This is a discussion on need to lower my t/a....pics request within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Imho I would do it right the first time koni and strano!!!...

  1. #141
    Senior Member bluehawk2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,492

    midnight blue
    2000 trans am

    Imho I would do it right the first time koni and strano!!!

  2. #142
    Member parnelligq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Elkhorn, Wi
    Posts
    123

    black99, silverY2K
    1999 z28 & Y2K z28

    Wow they all look great! long LOW and wide always looks best. I have a 99z with Eibach springs, KYB shocks and struts and 18's. Looks great. Pulls around corners great, BUT the ride quality is enough to kill you. I really want air ride but the cost is crazy. Does anyone use air ride?

  3. #143
    Junior Member homickb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    windsor
    Posts
    34

    black
    1999 trans am

    what struts would go good with the eibach pro kit?
    I just bought it and I haven't put it on yet, I want to do it all at once

  4. #144
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by homickb View Post
    what struts would go good with the eibach pro kit?
    I just bought it and I haven't put it on yet, I want to do it all at once
    koni would be your first pick IF you have $1000 to spend just on shocks lol if not i would get the SLP Bilsteins as thats what im getting

  5. #145
    Junior Member homickb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    windsor
    Posts
    34

    black
    1999 trans am

    Well if they're as bad as I keep hearing I'm hoping something can save them

  6. #146
    Yeah baby! Yeah! silverWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    okc
    Posts
    2,571

    Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

    Quote Originally Posted by homickb View Post
    Well if they're as bad as I keep hearing I'm hoping something can save them
    I have the strano hd billsteins with the pro kit and while my car does ride a bit stiff, I love it and the stance too. Ive never ridden in a car with konis but by the description of it its like magical or something I hate to have a floaty feeling on cars though so I love mine and I am happy with my setup.

  7. #147
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    I have the strano hd billsteins with the pro kit and while my car does ride a bit stiff, I love it and the stance too. Ive never ridden in a car with konis but by the description of it its like magical or something I hate to have a floaty feeling on cars though so I love mine and I am happy with my setup.
    good to hear...

  8. #148
    Ricekiller z28punk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Age
    29
    Posts
    509

    Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

    damn I am thinking I am going to have to get the pro-kit with the heater hose mod to get as low as I would like to get it. I want to just barely tuck the back tires into the wheel wells.
    Last edited by z28punk; 12-09-2010 at 12:09 AM.

  9. #149
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by z28punk View Post
    damn I am thinking I am going to have to get the pro-kit with the heater hose mod to get as low as I would like to get it. I want to just barely tuck the back tires into the wheel wells.
    you won't like it when you scrape on every marble on the road. Plus the front will still sit high and make the car look awkward

  10. #150
    Senior Member JoshuaGrooms83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI
    Posts
    1,539

    Red
    98 Trans Am

    definatly go with Stranos or Vogtlands. They get it right. I left my 3/4" rear isolator in so with a heater hose mod, mine would be dropped too far for my taste. but for you i would think you like it since you want to slam the car low

  11. #151
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    you won't like it when you scrape on every marble on the road. Plus the front will still sit high and make the car look awkward
    they make 2 diff kits...and why would front sit higher?

  12. #152
    Senior Member JoshuaGrooms83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI
    Posts
    1,539

    Red
    98 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    they make 2 diff kits...and why would front sit higher?
    Im guessing that with the prokits, like most cars, they are designed with the isolators in mind. now if you take those out and do the Heater hose mod, im guessing mind you, the prokits dont manage verywell with the extra drop. You litteral go from a 1.5 to a 2.25" drop taking out the isolators in the rear with the prokits and with sportline thats even further, damn near a 3" drop. this might offset the fronts and give it that "califonia lean" instead of that muscle car lean most of us like... ie the back sits lower.

  13. #153
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    Im guessing that with the prokits, like most cars, they are designed with the isolators in mind. now if you take those out and do the Heater hose mod, im guessing mind you, the prokits dont manage verywell with the extra drop. You litteral go from a 1.5 to a 2.25" drop taking out the isolators in the rear with the prokits and with sportline thats even further, damn near a 3" drop. this might offset the fronts and give it that "califonia lean" instead of that muscle car lean most of us like... ie the back sits lower.
    oh ok...i guess i read it wrong i thought tater was saying the prokit makes the front sit higher haha the sportline is lol

  14. #154
    Senior Member JoshuaGrooms83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI
    Posts
    1,539

    Red
    98 Trans Am

    lol yeah, most guys on here are gonna tell you, if you want a nice ride with some "spirited" driving time, Stranos, Vogtlands, and maybe BMRs, are gonna get the job done better. Stranos being the best (yes i said it lol), Vogtlands near there, BMRs (so im told close behind), and then the other guys lol.

  15. #155
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    lol yeah, most guys on here are gonna tell you, if you want a nice ride with some "spirited" driving time, Stranos, Vogtlands, and maybe BMRs, are gonna get the job done better. Stranos being the best (yes i said it lol), Vogtlands near there, BMRs (so im told close behind), and then the other guys lol.
    ill im running the prokit and SLP Bilsteins...i got the prokit for next to nothing and they only had 50miles on them, he was parting out the car

    iv talked with some well knowed susp people and they said it will be fine

  16. #156
    Senior Member JoshuaGrooms83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Geneva, WI
    Posts
    1,539

    Red
    98 Trans Am

    I plan on getting the SLP Bilsteins too. I came acoss my Vogtlands for cheap as well. LAter on I learned that they are the same company that supplies Strano his speced springs as well, kinda cool. I cant wait until spring where i can test my new set up and really feel the difference.

  17. #157
    ;) Packy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Surf City, NC
    Posts
    2,503

    Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

    Here is mine with stock front springs adjusted with QA-1's and the rears are stock springs with the hose mod to lower it. It sits about 1.25 inches lower all the way around. It may be a bit lower in rear but I was going for it to be functional first. I ran the Pro-kit for a few years and then when I started racing more it would not hook for shit and the ride quality of it was always harsh.





    Last edited by Packy; 12-12-2010 at 04:05 AM.
    1999 Trans Am WS6 Black - Forged 346, P1SC (8psi), TH-400, and 12 bolt(3.73's)
    10.29@129 w/1.60 sixty foot

    2004 Screaming Yellow Mustang Cobra - Whipple 2.3, Exhaust, & CCW's...My DD

  18. #158
    Yeah baby! Yeah! silverWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    okc
    Posts
    2,571

    Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

    Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    Here is mine with stock front springs adjusted with QA-1's and the rears are stock springs with the hose mod to lower it. It sits about 1.25 inches lower all the way around. It may be a bit lower in rear but I was going for it to be functional first. I ran the Pro-kit for a few years and then when I started racing more it would not hook for shit and the ride quality of it was always harsh.

    Click for full size

    Click for full size

    Click for full size
    A complete effin sleeper!!

  19. #159
    ;) Packy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Surf City, NC
    Posts
    2,503

    Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    A complete effin sleeper!!
    As long as its not running...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: Lower front of WS6 only (got pics)? What springs are best?
    By 5abi in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2012, 06:49 PM
  2. trans am pics request
    By Blackbird WS6 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-12-2010, 05:59 PM
  3. Request: pics of your ws6 window sticker.
    By MistrCreazil in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-02-2009, 06:40 AM
  4. True Dual Pics Request.
    By WS6ICK2K in forum External Engine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 12:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •