Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Need help on the next purchase.

Ok guys ive starting to get my car up to par with all the little fixes. I just installed all new brake pads and 4 new drilled and slotted rotors, they are miles better than the stock ones ill tell u that. I currently have an SLP lid, PS Long tubes, PS y pipe, Hooker muffler, MSD wires, BMR adjustable torque arm, c6 wheels, eibach sportlines, and i think thats about it. Everything else is stock i believe. My car is UNtuned, it needs a tune. I have a brand new girdle sitting behind me waiting to be installed because the stock one leaks, but i was thinking about some 4.10s and waiting until i got those to install the girdle. I was also looking at a single e cutout but dont really know about that one yet. Another thing is HIDs. I just want some opinions on what u guys would do in this situation.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I would not spend a dime on a stock 10 bolt and that includes gears. Save the money for a real rearend. The probability of the 10 bolt blowing is high and if you spend money on gears and the 10 bolt blows, thats money wasted. You could look into an intake since you have the LS1 intake.

Your next purchase SHOULD be sub frame connectors though.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer View Post
    Ok guys ive starting to get my car up to par with all the little fixes. I just installed all new brake pads and 4 new drilled and slotted rotors, they are miles better than the stock ones ill tell u that. I currently have an SLP lid, PS Long tubes, PS y pipe, Hooker muffler, MSD wires, BMR adjustable torque arm, c6 wheels, eibach sportlines, and i think thats about it. Everything else is stock i believe. My car is UNtuned, it needs a tune. I have a brand new girdle sitting behind me waiting to be installed because the stock one leaks, but i was thinking about some 4.10s and waiting until i got those to install the girdle. I was also looking at a single e cutout but dont really know about that one yet. Another thing is HIDs. I just want some opinions on what u guys would do in this situation.
    Go with the 4.10's you won't regret it. I have 3.73 with a TA girdle on my 10 bolt with over 108,000 miles on it and have never had a problem NEVER. It's a tricky thing our rear ends are, some go early and some never go. I would if I were you get those gears installed and then immediately after get your tune. The car will wake up like you've never seen before. And if I may suggest a mail order tune by Frost, he's one of the sponsor's and I have read nothing but good things about him.........

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I would recommend a Tune by Frost and SFC

A4 or M6? A4 = stall converter, M6 = Upgrade your clutch to LS7 or SPEC

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

i have an m6 and i forgot to mention i have lower control arms, i need to get the relocation brackets also. My brother knows a guy in tampa that is very good at tuning so i think he is going to talk to him. As for the gearing, what is wrong with the stock 10 bolt? is a 12 bolt that much better? also how much does it usually cost to get the gears installed? i dont know if i could do that myself ive heard u need it done with a machine?
    Last edited by Lunatikgixxer; 05-04-2010 at 08:32 AM.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I have a A4 full bot ons on and full suspension and the motor and tranny tunned with 3.73's and one of those TA girdle's. Liked the look and it came with the gears and rebuild kit as part of the package. The 9" is my favorite but I still know 1 or 2 that run 12 bolt Mosers. My 10 bolt takes a beating and hasn't broke yet and I have BFG NT's in 275/35r18's on 10" wide rims so it launches hard and snaps into second with a bark but still holds strong and my car shifts at 6k in every gear so it's not like I take it easy. It only goes out on "cruises" so to speak and comes back in one piece everytime so far.
    I would go with 4.10's with a 6spd since I rode in my friends and those gears made a big difference, may not boost the hp but a lot more fun. Definatly get a tune if you have lt's and exhaust, it will make a difference, also a nice used LS6 intake and a ported and polished tb will give you a decent gain for the cost. The Fast intakes are nice but wait till your running a h/c setup before you spend money like that you won't see any big gain on a simple bolt on car. My frind has one and his car is no faster than mine was when we both had the 3.23's and same bolt ons just differnt brand lt's and exhaust, he had a lid and I had a volant and we I could pull on him slowly. Probably since my car was in a little better shape but the 90/90 fast didn't seem to make any big improvement. Now after the h/c install on my friends z/28 you could notice a difference between the
    ls6 and the fast 92 combo. But he had ported LS6 heads and a big cam.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

ok gotcha that makes sense, thanks

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

here is my car,

just installed new rotors and brake pads over the weekend

black chrome tips i got off ebay (kinda dirtied up with carbon all over them) and 1 water damaged tail light

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

the reason im asking is because im about to sell my rims from my old car and im going to be getting about 2000 dollars...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I would recommend a Tune by Frost and SFC

A4 or M6? A4 = stall converter, M6 = Upgrade your clutch to LS7 or Monster
    Fixed.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

im almost positive it has an upgraded clutch, its a lot harder to push compared to a stock SS that i drove today and compared to my brothers stock clutch in his CTSV. Mine is A LOT harder...

Thread Information