Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Need help with argument @ work!!!!

This is a discussion on Need help with argument @ work!!!! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag I went back to that link to play a little more, it DOES allow you to ...

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag View Post
    I went back to that link to play a little more, it DOES allow you to input your rear axle ratio, but you have to clear the fields on the right first for it to work right.

'98+ F-body A4 w/ 275-40-17 tires:

2.73 rear turns 2000 RPM at 80 MPH in 4th gear
    3.23 rear turns 2400 RPM at 81 MPH in 4th gear
    3.73 rear turns 2800 RPM at 82 MPH in 4th gear
    Exactly what I was looking for thank you!!!
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

hittting the fbodygears link was to difficult???? wow

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Ok so here is the deal, I had a Moser 9" installed going from 3.23s to 3.70 and I only lost about 1.5-2 mpg. Barely noticeable. AT the same time I had my exhaust reworked with Longtube Headers with NO TUNE. At 75mph it runs almost 2500 rpms with my A4. Its still just as Streetable as it was with the 3.23s, just alot more fun. Its alittle louder at highway speeds but big deal, thats what the exhasut is for isnt it? For the arguement of raising your rpms up 15%, its not like your car will need a rebuild at a certain set amount of mileage. There are also plenty of LSXs running around with well over 200,000 miles and I'm sure that they all have had the hell beat out of them at one time or another.

Im sure that an extra 15% isnt any worse on the car than the occasional street race, massive burnout or trip to the track with a car that has the stock gear ratio.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    hittting the fbodygears link was to difficult???? wow
    Actually it wasn't working on my computer but thanks for the sarcasim!!!

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by xzaero0 View Post
    Ok so here is the deal, I had a Moser 9" installed going from 3.23s to 3.70 and I only lost about 1.5-2 mpg. Barely noticeable. AT the same time I had my exhaust reworked with Longtube Headers with NO TUNE. At 75mph it runs almost 2500 rpms with my A4. Its still just as Streetable as it was with the 3.23s, just alot more fun. Its alittle louder at highway speeds but big deal, thats what the exhasut is for isnt it? For the arguement of raising your rpms up 15%, its not like your car will need a rebuild at a certain set amount of mileage. There are also plenty of LSXs running around with well over 200,000 miles and I'm sure that they all have had the hell beat out of them at one time or another.

Im sure that an extra 15% isnt any worse on the car than the occasional street race, massive burnout or trip to the track with a car that has the stock gear ratio.
    Very good point...........

pewter

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    Actually it wasn't working on my computer but thanks for the sarcasim!!!
    well y didnt u say so ? lol....so how is this " argument" going with your coworker?

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    well y didnt u say so ? lol....so how is this " argument" going with your coworker?
    Haven't gotten to work yet......i work nights, i guess I should have said that too huh?

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

The guy you are arguing with is a chode. Pure and simple.

navy blue metallic
    2001 trans am

I dont know, I went to 3:73's from 2:73's and I wish somebody would have told me what this guy told you. I drive my car alot, love it, but the gas did go up quite a bit more than I thought and the car spins HIGH on the highway. I dont mind noise at all but Im going to have 2:43's put in, that seems like a good middle ground. You will spin all day unless you have some sticky tires and ease into it. I have STICKY tires and I have to be careful on a launch. Ride with someone who has 3:73's and be sure to hith the highway for a minute before you go that way.
    GMPP LS6 crate motor,racetronix,Wilwood 6 piston,HID's,200mph speedo,full dynomat, GY F1's,17" Y2K, Alpine audio upgrade,3" ele cutout, LT's, catted-Y, full suspension

pewter

2.43's??? has to be a misprint.........u mean 3.42s??

Quote Originally Posted by sic2001 View Post
    I dont know, I went to 3:73's from 2:73's and I wish somebody would have told me what this guy told you. I drive my car alot, love it, but the gas did go up quite a bit more than I thought and the car spins HIGH on the highway. I dont mind noise at all but Im going to have 2:43's put in, that seems like a good middle ground. You will spin all day unless you have some sticky tires and ease into it. I have STICKY tires and I have to be careful on a launch. Ride with someone who has 3:73's and be sure to hith the highway for a minute before you go that way.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by sic2001 View Post
    Everyone on here seems to agree that it is a great upgrade! So should I not even install the new gears then?

navy blue metallic
    2001 trans am

yeah, misprint.
    And I know why people say its a great upgrade, it gets ya off the line a bit faster and in an A4 it runs through the gears real nice. If you dont drive on the highway alot then no biggie at all. The 42's should be real nice (from 2:73's)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information