white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

Need to buy car paint, and material for my seats

Best place to buy paint for my hood, and what else i would need to sand and paint the top of my hood. Also a good place to order leather material for my seats. thanks

Red
    '68 Camaro RS, '11 Camaro

If you don't have an actually automotive paint supply near you, you may be able to get some at a local parts place. Not AutoZone or Pep Boys, but the place the dealerships go to. If you can't find it there, Eastwood sells some good stuff. The only problem is, may not get an exact match with mail order. And just so you know, white is the hardest color ro match. You may want to blend the fenders.
    For prep, you'll want to wet sand the hood with 400 then 800 till it is uniform and smooth. make sure you use a rubber block, and sand in a diagnal pattern.
    As for the seats, I plan on going to Leatherseats.com. They have some decent prices.

White
    1998 Trans Am

There's a place on ebay where you cn buy a whole leather kit front and rear stiched like stock. (Can't remember the sellers name)They have factory colors and also do stiched headrests when you order. My friend irdered white seats for his NBM TA and had bird sticked in dark blue in the headrests. Looks way better than the factory grey. Now he's going to a local place to have the door inserts done to match.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Hawksthirdgenparts.com for the interior kit. You will need to find a paint supply store to get the paint that will match, you need to understand though that if you just paint the hood, more than likely it may not exactly match even with the paint code. Paint can change colors ever so slightly over the years, usually when you need to paint a replacement panel you have to blend in the panel with the rest of the car so it will match. Some supply stores have a camera that will take a picture of the paint and adjust the mixture so you don't have to do a blend.

White
    1998 Trans Am

He is right there are alot of variations of Arctic White which is what is on my 98. I bought the closest paint variation and then tinted it with a little extra yellow oxide to match it better. Best to blend the fenders when doing the hood. Also a good idea is to take a mirror and they can get the paint to match better than just giving them the code. My friends Formula and my other friends Camaro SS have the same code but one is whiter and one is yellower. Just the usual especially at GM. Only color you can just paint the hood on is black as long as it has been garaged and has not faded.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

random question the area in between my t-tops and hatch is fading to the point i can see white. its a black car. any simple fixes?

Red

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWS6 View Post
    random question the area in between my t-tops and hatch is fading to the point i can see white. its a black car. any simple fixes?
    There really isn't a "cheap" way to go. I would just pick up a pint of black from a paint shop, and re-spray it. I have to disagree with RyanJM. The days of just plain ole black are gone. There are 1000's of shades of black now, and the difference is very obvious when you see them side by side. If you get the proper paint for your paint code, it will match well enough because the panel is broken up by the body lines. I forgot to mention in my earlier post, that some body shops with sell you mixed paint to match your car. As around and you should find one that will help you out.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I'll agree there are different shades of black but none I've seen on Gm's so far. I have painted black C5 and C6 panels as well as TA's and Camaro's also works on Escalades and CTS, and have used dupont 99k basecoat black and it matched everyone.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    I'll agree there are different shades of black but none I've seen on Gm's so far. I have painted black C5 and C6 panels as well as TA's and Camaro's also works on Escalades and CTS, and have used dupont 99k basecoat black and it matched everyone.
    I stand corrected I can't believe GM never changed the color. Most manufacturers change ever couple years or so.

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

i took my drivers side mirror into oriellys and they used their camera thingy to take a pic of it and also took the paint code in as well. Granted my paint was a lil expesive because the red has gold in it why me?

white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

alright ill have the color tested cause my hood is off a differnet car so i dont have the numbers any way, but my problem with the hood is the clear coat started to peel and its gotten really bad and the paint is starting to fade where the clear coat peeled off and im just wanting to repaint the top and paint a white firebird on the hood like off the classic Birds, and the interor me and my sisters dad are doin cause hes done upholestry for over 30 years but were doin black seats with whie birds in the head rest and a big white bird across the back seat. what you guys think about it? look good or no?

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

i think your gonna need a zoo license with all of those birds. Might be a lil overkill might wanna think about some letters to get on the seats instad of a big bird on the back seat. just my .02

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by MrKid View Post
    I stand corrected I can't believe GM never changed the color. Most manufacturers change ever couple years or so.
    Ya but this is GM, they keep alot of the same colors and codes but the actual color will be a different variation and look darker or lighter. Except their plain BLK they use, makes it cheap and easy for me to fix or paint new hoods without having to blend other panels.

Thread Information