Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

My WS6 search continues

This is a discussion on My WS6 search continues within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I was going to go check out the 2001 with 50k miles..... but its already gone. that just leaves 2 ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I was going to go check out the 2001 with 50k miles..... but its already gone. that just leaves 2 high priced 02's.... hopfully i save up my down payment by the end of the month.

As far as what i'm looking for....

2002 WS6 6m Pewter Silver preferably under 50k miles

Price??? i'm not sure about this. obviously the best deal i can find but if I had to put a hard limit on it i'd say anything under 15k would be a strong possibility

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I didn't think this question was worthy of a new thread since it relates to my purchase plans. It goes out to the professional dealers and others in the know here on the board.

One of the two remaining birds recently had its price removed from the web. It now says to call for price. My guess is they weren't getting many hits at their asking price.... the fact that the car has been on the lot since september probably doesn't help either. Is this a ploy to try and get people to call the dealer.... sweet talk people into coming down to "negotiate" then sticking close to the price that was up before? Because I don't understand why they wouldn't show the new lower price if they indeed lowered the price!

I'm trying to go about this carefully as I feel like i'm closer than I have been at any previous point as far as making a purchase decision. The two remaining cars are exactly what i've been looking for since day one and both are close to home. The only problem for me is the fact that i am not comfortable with the asking prices.

Last year this board was ripe with discussion of how they indeed were worth this much although deals were out there from time to time. Now the discussion has turned to more of a reasonable value argument. Undoubtedly this is due to the current economic conditions in the country with massive layoffs and high unemployment, record foreclosures and sinking home equity. It is for some of these very reasons that I am cautious and taking a wait and see approach rather than simply running in guns blazing and pulling the trigger on one of these cars. I'd like to be certain that my finances will support the addition of this debt to my resources and although the current answer is by far yes i still want to be sure that in the future this will remain true.

I thank all of you for the help and guidance you have collectively provided to me. I look forward to one day cruising with some of the locals in a bird of my own!

Sorry for the long post

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

well you still have the advantage since you know what the asking price is. it might help you out, with no price, they may be willing to consider any offers. so go down and offer them what youre willing to pay. worst they can say is no...

Red
    2001 ws6

go down there with cash in hand, if you want ill pick u up in my bird and we can show em mine with 19k miles and say i only paid $14000 i really paid 18500

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Nice!!!! I'll be sure to keep that one in mind! but with those miles I wouldn't expect you to pick me up... wouldn't want to be responsible for breaking 20k!!!

BLACK
    97 CORVETTE

Hi LS cyal8R! Are you still looking for a WS6! I know someone with one 2001 NEW! only
    6000KMS, OTTAWA, CANADA THIS CAR HAS NEVER SEEN RAIN OR EVEN SUN! WINDOWS
    HAVE NEVER BEEN DOWN, JEFF!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

As i'm sure jeff is aware i have a set price target and a very specific model WS6 in mind.... If jeff wouldn't mind sharing more info with those of us here it would be much appreciated!

Yellow
    2002 Firebird CETA Vert

Are you deadset on 6spd?

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    2002 6spd with 20k on it..... they want an arm, leg, left nut and my first born with the contract signed in blood...... that or about 5k above KBB value. otherwise known as 19k. I have not made any offer. My only fear is that although she has held out for 6 months with this dealer, she may end up changing hands before I can prevent her title from once again being violated. At the moment I simply can not come up with the kind of ransom they are holding her for. I've considered selling a kidney and getting a platinum membership at the local sperm bank but i'm just afraid i don't have the stamina to raise the capital in a timely fashion. My only hope is that she can be strong and hold fast until I have enough of a down payment to make financing the rest a somewhat bearable option. For now.... the price is simply too high. The risk too great..... {sigh}

Of course if they were asking book val i'd prob march down to the dealer and pick her up around the end of the month. Its that extra 5k that REALLY kills me.
    dude thats a good deal actually especially from a dealer...I searched for 3 months for a 01 or 02 black with black interior 6sp original WS6 and finally found one that had 5th gear missing and I got it for $14,500, the guy didnt wanna let go of it, and it only KBB'd at 13,000....I think they are like vettes they are worth bout 5k more than they blue book for......oh and my car has 100,000mi when I got it 6 months ago...but a real 01 or 02 WS6 runs very good, mines never had motor touched and ran 13.08 on first run...my buddy has a 98 Z28 LS1,headers,flowmaster catback,ORY,tune,T/B, cold air and auto and only has went 13.3 his best run with a 1.9 60 ft...any 01 or 02 Z28,SS,T/A,WS6 all had about a half a second on the previous years....most WS6's have auto's and thats not a real WS6....stick to what u want, go with higher mileage, I know if I looked at anything below 60k mi it was atleast 18k...but look for one around 100k mi and u can find them around 15k or less...mine was garage kept and had regular maintnence on carfax report...you can get good deals, but the 01-02 WS6 is gonna cost you no matter what, but its worth it, they got all the bugs out in them years,no engine knocking,better heads,Z06 intake,6.0 litre truck cam for more torque...get it bro, I just had my tranny built with all the good stuff and got headers and y-pipe with no cats, im gonna see if I can get her in the mid 12's, its a very clean car also.......oh and also my dad owns a dealership and a red WS6 or SS camaro usually goes for 2k less than black...but u gotta have black, its what the ladies want
    Last edited by getcha01; 02-09-2009 at 06:18 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

yes it must be a six speed... my poor saturn is one gear short... manual all the way for me. and 100,000 miles simply will not do in my opinion its just asking for a headache. I dont tend to beat on cars the way i once did and this is why i prefer something low miles to start with. less squeaks rattles and rust. I bought a 12 year old car with 36k miles and have thus far not needed to sink one thin dime into repairs.

Another point you make is that you bought your car 6 months ago.... to be quite honest 6 months ago there was a 2002 WS6 near me... white 6spd 70k miles they "claimed" that they were asking 18k a few weeks earlier but wouldn't let me have it for 13,500 i think i offered. it ended up at auction after they lowered their asking price to 14k.

when the major makers have stockpiles of over 2million unsold 2008 models sitting around... the used car market takes a major hit... theres a reason the new ones aren't selling. people are just broke. almost nobody on this board has ever lived to see a financial mess like this. we are in the worst shape in the post WWII era. soon unemployment will reach those levels as well..... they are predicting almost 10% unemployment by the end of 09 and for those that know what unemployment REALLY means that is only a part of the picture since unemployment only tracks people who are "participants" it ignores those people that are so fed up they have stopped looking for work. This is one of the reasons i'm being very patient with this. Who knows if i'm still working at the end of 09? I need the money for the car first!!! back in the 30's after the stock market crash bugattis and caddy's were selling for pennies on the dollar. we're not so far off from that right now.... the normal rules do not apply any more.

sorry for the rant....

relevant link: http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/09/t...-or-a-new-car/

I read that and it freaked me out a bit... maybe thats why i'm acting like this...

MRM
    2002 T/A M6

I feel for you bro! About four years ago in early December, I'm headed to Wal-Mart to pick up some items, when I drive past the most beautiful Trans Am I've ever seen! And like most of us on here, it was a childhood dream to own one. At that current time, I was drive a 03 Ford Fuckus, which I was totally upside down in, 5k worth. Knowing this, I pretty much thought, "There is no way in hell I can dump this piece of shit". I was working a crappy salary job (37,500/y) and had terrible credit. Regardless, on December 8th, 2004, I stopped in and ask for a test drive

After the drive, I knew I had to do everything in my power to get FEARLS1!! The asking price was 18,500 with 63k on her. Oh, and a flat tire. After an hour of talking I was able to sell my left nut and finance threw some shitty lending firm for a cool 17% APR. Like I said, ANYTHING to get in this bird.

December 9th, 2004 which just happened to be my 22nd birthday I purchased FearLS1 and took her home. And to this day, I have yet to regret that decision. Except the 17%apr, but a year later my bank was able to get me a 8%apr rate.

Morale to the story..... Get that car! You will be happy in this sad world of ours. GOOD LUCK!
    Last edited by Fearls1; 02-09-2009 at 06:56 PM.
    3" MagnaFlow CatBack w/Corsa (clone)Tips, Lloyds Custom Floor Mats, SLP Lid, Pro 5.0 W/ Lou's SS, 7.5" Eaton Locker w/3.73, KYB AGX, BMR LCA's, FRA, SSE, 5% Tint, 18x9 C5 Rims w/Falken 452

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by getcha01 View Post
    I searched for 3 months for a 01 or 02 black with black interior 6sp original WS6 and finally found one that had 5th gear missing and I got it for $14,500, ...oh and my car has 100,000mi when I got it 6 months ago...
    WOW! you got hosed! that is not a deal. i got my ws6 2 years ago with 12k miles on it for $17k. my car is mint too.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

yes it must be a six speed... my poor saturn is one gear short... manual all the way for me. and 100,000 miles simply will not do in my opinion its just asking for a headache. I dont tend to beat on cars the way i once did and this is why i prefer something low miles to start with. less squeaks rattles and rust. I bought a 12 year old car with 36k miles and have thus far not needed to sink one thin dime into repairs.
    youll never wanna say, "man i wish i had a ______." get what you want the first time. no matter the price, its never a deal if its not what you want. but i think you already figured that out. and yes, i agree, get a low mileage car.

and i hear ya on the scary economy, but remember the best thing you can do for it is to spend money. so get that car

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

BAH!!! don't bring the economist in me out.... Its only beneficial to the US GDP if i purchase a new vehicle that was designed in the USA... yes designed not necessarily built because profits on cars built here but designed elsewhere tend to have their profits repatriated to the country of design origin. so go ahead and buy that ML320 it was designed here in the US and built in Alabama. but buying a used car is not a creation of output. although in a six degrees of separation kind of way my purchasing of that car will get the salesman a commission which he will go out and spend on new goods and services thereby contributing to the GDP.... and the dealer will use the profits to market and sell other new cars on the lot since they are a franchised dealer further contributing to the GDP.... so, in theory, my investment in this simple used car while not directly affecting the GDP of the US economy can and would indeed have a sort of multiplier effect causing a contribution to the GDP greater than sum of dollars used to purchase the vehicle.......... ok i think i need a drink

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

BAH!!! don't bring the economist in me out.... Its only beneficial to the US GDP if i purchase a new vehicle that was designed in the USA... yes designed not necessarily built because profits on cars built here but designed elsewhere tend to have their profits repatriated to the country of design origin. so go ahead and buy that ML320 it was designed here in the US and built in Alabama. but buying a used car is not a creation of output. although in a six degrees of separation kind of way my purchasing of that car will get the salesman a commission which he will go out and spend on new goods and services thereby contributing to the GDP.... and the dealer will use the profits to market and sell other new cars on the lot since they are a franchised dealer further contributing to the GDP.... so, in theory, my investment in this simple used car while not directly affecting the GDP of the US economy can and would indeed have a sort of multiplier effect causing a contribution to the GDP greater than sum of dollars used to purchase the vehicle.......... ok i think i need a drink
    that doesnt change the fact that its still supporting local businesses and thus local economy.

lol, and no, i wasnt trying to bring whatever that person was out of you. i took enough economics classes in college lol.
    Last edited by mpfranks; 02-09-2009 at 09:26 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

i don't think you follow my argument........

I was looking for an excuse to drink

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

i don't think you follow my argument........

I was looking for an excuse to drink
    you never need an excuse to drink

White
    1999 Transam WS6

one dealer claimed he didn't have plates on hand, another dealer wanted me to come back a few times to prove my interest before a test drive would be acceptable, another dealer wanted me to sign a bill of sale with a refundable deposit before letting me even hold the keys. A few private owners i spoke with never even got past phone conversations because their prices were OUTRAGEOUS for a private party or the distance was too great.... the only WS6 i got behind the wheel of ended up being a total dog... didn't feel any faster than my LSC. It was owned by a young guy and blew a little smoke when you nailed it but the price was great.... one look under the car and i quickly realized why he had no prob with me driving it and had such a low price for a WS6...... IT WAS TWO CARS!!!! front of the b pillar from one car and the back of another..... Of course it had welded subframe connectors.... it'd crack in two without them!!!! ugh.... i think its the area... where is Aetos? he's in queens maybe he can tell me where to look!
    Your story is eye watering

I was in your situation about a year ago and I know its tough, but you will get a bird someday!

And, I agree, the NY market area(including the states around us) is so harsh to fbodys. They totally rape us on prices and all other things included. The bird I got was in New Jersey, 45k on the odo with a price of 16k or so. The first bird I looked at was a black '98 WS6 with 51k miles, asking 14k. They sold it about 2-3 days before I was gonna go to the lot and purchase it!!

Red
    1998 Trans Am

Just a couple weeks ago, I was in the market. I went few years older and A4. But I was very happy with it. I got a 1998 WS6 Ram Air, Vert, Mint, Have every receipt from the one original owner. Only 18K miles, which is why I had no problem going with the 98. I spent about a month of constant searching for the right car...Then I check craigslist.com, found my dream car, Long story short. I had $12,750 cash in hand a few hours later drove a couple hours and check it out. It was everything I wanted and more. He posted it at 9:18 a.m. and had it considered sold just 4 hours after post. Then I drove down and bought it ASAP...

I was looking for a 98-02 Ram Air about 50-60K miles and $9-$10k but i went with a few more grand and I will never regret it.....

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    ah didnt see that! yeah would think so. . but i think when most people think of these cars, they think stick. so the m6's are more highly demanded.
    there were 2 to every 3 WS6 in 01 that were auto's, everyone wanted the WS6 look, but lot women or men that didnt know how to drive sticks, sticks in WS6 or vettes are a lot harder to find than autos, do a search on ebay

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information