Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

My WS6 search continues

This is a discussion on My WS6 search continues within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I'm just mental like that.... If i had a base TA i'd NEEEED the RA hood. and then even though ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I'm just mental like that.... If i had a base TA i'd NEEEED the RA hood. and then even though the average person wouldn't know it wasn't a WS6.... I'd know. I was the same when I bought my 97 LSC. the base model only had a slightly diff exhaust and the grill was chrome vs blacked out on the LSC. I could have painted the grill and called it a day but i needed the knowledge that my car WAS an LSC. So yes it does need to be a WS6 and i've waited over 1 year for it. i'll get one... eventually

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    I'm just mental like that.... If i had a base TA i'd NEEEED the RA hood. and then even though the average person wouldn't know it wasn't a WS6.... I'd know. I was the same when I bought my 97 LSC. the base model only had a slightly diff exhaust and the grill was chrome vs blacked out on the LSC. I could have painted the grill and called it a day but i needed the knowledge that my car WAS an LSC. So yes it does need to be a WS6 and i've waited over 1 year for it. i'll get one... eventually
    mines a base with a ws9 hood. . . and i dont mind at all. . cuz i paid $7200 for the car and spent around $750 on the hood. that ws6 emblem on the back (and other insignifcant items) aint worth $5000-$11000 to me. imagine the mods you can do with that money. now if these cars were over 25 yrs old, i may have a different opinion on that.
    but just food for thought, get what makes you happy.
    Last edited by GULLETT17; 02-05-2009 at 11:44 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

i could also save a lot by getting an A4 the 6spd seems to demand a premium as well... just a matter of preference. I don't mind paying what I see to be a fair price. if i paid book value then the total cost of both my cars and insurance and etc would still be less than 25% of my net income. the money isn't really the issue... i'm just a real hard ass on the price. Like everyone says its only worth what people are willing to pay for it.... well i know for a fact there is a 2002 6spd WS6 that nobody has been willing to pay 19k for in the past year. why should book value for that car be so difficult? could i reach down and pay their asking price? yeah probably.... would i? not in a million years. its not worth losing about $4k the INSTANT i take ownership. god forbid the car burst into flames as i drive off the lot i'll only get 15k from insurance since thats book value. so on that basis i have decided its just not worth paying more than book for a car. Lol i held out and ended up buying my Mark VIII for 50% of book val. when it got smashed 6 years later I ended up getting 60% of what I paid back.... AND i got to keep the car and drive it till it died. my sister bought her ZX2 from someone that had no clue what the value was and also ended up getting it at half book val.

I'm not saying "hey guy, sell me that WS6 with low miles and 1 owner for 7k" not at all.... I just don't want to go above book. Am i wrong in thinking thats fair?

I'm not saying "hey guy, sell me that WS6 with low miles and 1 owner for 7k" not at all.... I just don't want to go above book. Am i wrong in thinking thats fair?
    not at all . . i never have and never will pay over book value for a car

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Well then there ya go.... thats my only problem i've offered book value on several WS6's in the area in the past year and each and every dealer has just laughed at me.... literally... laughed. the standard answer I get is... "this is a WS6 good luck finding anything even close to book value." One of the cars had 74k miles and looked abused... the center console was ripped open and the ashtray missing. the fuse cover was gone. aftermarket shift knob. rims were out of round, and the rear passenger side interior trim was not properly affixed to the body of the vehicle. he was asking i think 16k for that.... AND WOULDN'T BUDGE A PENNY!!!!! I've had the worst time talking to dealers in the NY area with WS6's.... I swear they treat them like ferraris or something. They put them on displays keep them highly visible and not one dealer has ever let me drive one.... your lucky if a WS6 is even in a position where you can get into it to see the interior. Mind you I go to the dealerships usually dressed in a suit... i'm 26, have a receeding hairline, a clean license and currently drive a stick. The reason for the business attire is because i generally go after work.... When you work on wall st. slacks buttoned shirts and ties tend to be the norm...

Just a thought but you think they won't budge because they think i'm loaded? and if so why won't they let me drive the vehicles? If i'm loaded and happy wouldn't letting me drive increase the chance of a sale?

Just a thought but you think they won't budge because they think i'm loaded? ?
    i dont think so. . i think they would be more apt to try to work with you on the price. dressing the way should make them think you know might know what your talkin about. (money wise)
    and if so why won't they let me drive the vehicles? If i'm loaded and happy wouldn't letting me drive increase the chance of a sale?
    i dont understand this . . . just like you were sayin about the economy, these guys should be hurtin to get a sale, and should try everything to get it done. i mean honestly, who the hell buys a car without test driving it.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

From my experience hold out for the right one. I was in the market for a T/A for about 2 years before i got mine. i looked at countless LT1's never really looked at the LS1's becuase i didnt want to break the bank. then, one day while surfing ebay i find a majestic white bird, black rims and just all around sexy. placed my bid and got her. the mileage was 93xxx tax and title i paid a little less that 7k. the guy was really cool just a year older than me (22) so on the title he put 1000 so the title and taxes were like 60 bucks...as of today she has 103xxx and still throws me back in my seat.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

one dealer claimed he didn't have plates on hand, another dealer wanted me to come back a few times to prove my interest before a test drive would be acceptable, another dealer wanted me to sign a bill of sale with a refundable deposit before letting me even hold the keys. A few private owners i spoke with never even got past phone conversations because their prices were OUTRAGEOUS for a private party or the distance was too great.... the only WS6 i got behind the wheel of ended up being a total dog... didn't feel any faster than my LSC. It was owned by a young guy and blew a little smoke when you nailed it but the price was great.... one look under the car and i quickly realized why he had no prob with me driving it and had such a low price for a WS6...... IT WAS TWO CARS!!!! front of the b pillar from one car and the back of another..... Of course it had welded subframe connectors.... it'd crack in two without them!!!! ugh.... i think its the area... where is Aetos? he's in queens maybe he can tell me where to look!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...1%7C240%3A1318
    be interested to see what the reserve is on this one

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

i'd bid..... if it were a stick.... it won't go for too much for that fact alone. i've seen A4's sell for 1-3k less than 6spd cars. shouldn't it be the stick is cheaper? less people drive stick and there are a lot of 6spd cars out there

i'd bid..... if it were a stick.... it won't go for too much for that fact alone. i've seen A4's sell for 1-3k less than 6spd cars. shouldn't it be the stick is cheaper? less people drive stick and there are a lot of 6spd cars out there
    ah didnt see that! yeah would think so. . but i think when most people think of these cars, they think stick. so the m6's are more highly demanded.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

just wait for the right one. dont skimp on what you really want. youll never wanna say to yourself, "man i really wish i had an m6."

and im with you, i would def hold out for a ws6. not that the base ta's arent cool, its just that resale and collectibility will really only be with the ws6's later down the raod.

and like i already said, youre gonna pay top dollar for a low miles car, worth it or not, reguardless of book value. these cars have been selling for more than book value for the last few years. KBB is a scam imo. if people have been buying them for over book value for years, then how is that not what theyre worth? kbb says my car is only worth $10,800 private party value. its a 2000 ws6, m6, 20k miles, mint car. youll NEVER find that car for that price. two years ago book value was $19k, seems like a pretty steep drop to me...

and theres nothing wrong with a 50k mile car as long as its been taken care of. but then again, getting my car with 12k miles on it was awesome. only has 20k now. worth every penny in my book. and if you find the right one, are you really ever gonna look back in 3 or so years and think about that extra $1-3K that you splurged on?
    Last edited by mpfranks; 02-05-2009 at 05:17 PM.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

i guess what it all boils down to is, are you planning on keeping the car for a long time? do you want to use it as a weekend car and always keep low miles on it? thats what i wanted, thats why i got a car with such low miles. in 10 years if i still have the car, (which i hope i do) i want there to 30k miles on it or so. i only put on 800 miles last year. i really take pride in keeping those miles low and preserving the collectibility. i only drive it on nice days, and that always keeps me entertained with it.

however, if youre gonna get the car and drive the piss out of it and use it as a dd, store it outside, and not plan on keeping it long, then just get one thats cheaper that you can enjoy right now. not that there is anything wrong with doing this, its just silly to spend the extra cash.

if you plan on holding on to it for a while, go low miles and get the one you want!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

My LSC that I owned for 6 years only got 40k miles in that time as a DD. I'd hate to see how few miles i'll be putting on a bird since after i find one I will be keeping my pewter silver black leather moon roof 5spd saturn coupe.... my "mini bird" lol Even has rear buckets just like the bird. The Satty only had 36k miles on it when I bought it in Oct. pretty amazing considering its a 1997!!! 1 owner kept in a garage under a cover i really lucked out. Hopefully i'll luck out much the same with a bird.

Red
    2001 ws6

i see your from brooklyn, i find tons of cars out here on the island, if i find any worth it ill shoot you a PM

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Awesome. I always appreciate help where i can get it. Sometimes these things pop up and are gone very quickly. Usually the best of the best lol.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Tell you one thing i have learn from wrecking a few cars and working at shops trying to either get cars fixed or finding enough things wrong so they don't. KBB is useless. Insurance will usually pay market value which is sometimes higher and sometimes lower. Before i buy a car I used to just call my ins. agent and they would find out what the car would be worth at that time in my area with the miles it had and what kinda shape it was in. just incase it caught fire or I happend to total it or it happened to get stolen soon after purchase.

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

2002 6spd with 20k on it..... they want an arm, leg, left nut and my first born with the contract signed in blood...... that or about 5k above KBB value. otherwise known as 19k. I have not made any offer. My only fear is that although she has held out for 6 months with this dealer, she may end up changing hands before I can prevent her title from once again being violated. At the moment I simply can not come up with the kind of ransom they are holding her for. I've considered selling a kidney and getting a platinum membership at the local sperm bank but i'm just afraid i don't have the stamina to raise the capital in a timely fashion. My only hope is that she can be strong and hold fast until I have enough of a down payment to make financing the rest a somewhat bearable option. For now.... the price is simply too high. The risk too great..... {sigh}

Of course if they were asking book val i'd prob march down to the dealer and pick her up around the end of the month. Its that extra 5k that REALLY kills me.
    That's some BS price I wouldn't pay that, keep searching. Good luck.
    FAST 90/90, SLP Lid, Kooks JetHot Coated LT's, American Racing Y-Pipe+Magnaflow Cats, DHM Electric Cutout, Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, HP Tuners Software, 343 rwhp.

BMR Convertible Subframe Connectors, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace, BMR Driveshaft Safety Loop.

Red
    2001 ws6

whats your price range? 6 spd or A4? color preferance? t-top or vert? 2000+ or it doesnt matter? what mileage you looking for?

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    That's some BS price I wouldn't pay that, keep searching. Good luck.
    thats really not that much for that car, its prob worth around $17-18. nice low miles sports cars up north go for alot more than down in florida. any 02 with 20k on it is gonna bring in more than $17k.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information