Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My Wifes WS6 is going TURBO! (PICS)

This is a discussion on My Wifes WS6 is going TURBO! (PICS) within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Mr. Luos Turbo's simply do not belong under the rear of the car. TTi makes a GREAT ...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Turbo's simply do not belong under the rear of the car.
    TTi makes a GREAT single turbo kit....that is the only system I would put on my car that involves a turbo.

Great pics though!!! I envy a bit.
    I agree. Running oil lines and intake piping that far is just asking for problems and leaks. The closer the turbos are to the engine the better, in every respect. Especially in terms of spool time.

I've heard good things about the APS kit, except for the rumors of failing turbos, not sure what thats about.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

The STS kit is junk. I would spend the money elsewhere.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Heads, cam, and roots style supercharger, id kill for one on my t/a, plus the sound one produces. my .02cents

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    Heads, cam, and roots style supercharger, id kill for one on my t/a, plus the sound one produces. my .02cents
    Roots dont fit in the f-body engine bay, he would need to cut some stuff.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

magna charger makes a roots style blower for the f body but it's not cheap

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    magna charger makes a roots style blower for the f body but it's not cheap
    You still need to cut your car. It says with minimal cutting but still.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 08-19-2009 at 08:09 AM.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    You still need to cut your car. It says with minimal cutting but still.
    lol yea but still think about it, your gonna do what you gotta do to have what you want right. I was just throwing a suggestion out their, thats what im gonna do later after my 2nd deployment is supercharge mine roots style.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I prefer the sound of a centrifugal supercharger myself.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

to each their own, but a centrifigal supercharger is nothing but a turbo charger that is belt driven. So the way I see it if your gonna get one miswell go with a good turbo set up. Because you basically limiting a turbo to 8 psi, since it is belt driven even tho I am sure you can squeeze a little bit more than that out of it but my opinion is either a roots style or turbo.

Flame Red / Orange Custom
    1998 Trans Am

lol yea but still think about it, your gonna do what you gotta do to have what you want right. I was just throwing a suggestion out their, thats what im gonna do later after my 2nd deployment is supercharge mine roots style.
    Yeah I here ya there im gonna go with a magna charger Roots style myself when I build my LSX 454, to tell the truth I would do just about any thing to put a roots style on my T/A and a little bit of cutting and welding is not bad at all just for the looks you'll get for having a roots style supercharger on a 4th Gen plus the power gains, I cant wait till the install.
    98 Trans Am Custom Paint, Ghost Skuls On Racing Stripe + Custom Front Lip, :MODs Tubular K-member, Tubular Upper and lower A-arms, Tubular Control Arms, 4:10's, Cam L-.567/.575 D@.05-.212/.218,1.85 Roller Rockers, P&P Heads, ARH Headers & HF Cats & Y-Pipe, SLP loudmouth catback, +'s

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Customta98 View Post
    Yeah I here ya there im gonna go with a magna charger Roots style myself when I build my LSX 454, to tell the truth I would do just about any thing to put a roots style on my T/A and a little bit of cutting and welding is not bad at all just for the looks you'll get for having a roots style supercharger on a 4th Gen plus the power gains, I cant wait till the install.
    Yea I do believe the only reason I would volunteer for another deployment is to fix up the bird ahaha. I will go threw another year of bullshit to get that money to fix her up some more lol. And yea you dont see to many 4th gens supercharged, to tell you the truth their is not one 4th gen where I live that is supercharged, maybe rear mounted turbo but thats it. I think I might go with a lsx 408 later on down the road, cause i dont believe in their is no replacement for displacement, their is its called boost hahaha.

Arctic White, red/gray

to each their own, but a centrifigal supercharger is nothing but a turbo charger that is belt driven. So the way I see it if your gonna get one miswell go with a good turbo set up. Because you basically limiting a turbo to 8 psi, since it is belt driven even tho I am sure you can squeeze a little bit more than that out of it but my opinion is either a roots style or turbo.
    There are centrifical super chargers that can make 2,500hp. If you need more than that i guess go with turbo. Dont get me wrong i love turbos, my DD is turbo and i have owned 4 other turbo cars and roots style superchargers are badass. I just wouldnt put a roots style on a car when you have to cut it. But i would love to see your setup when its done, it will be nasty.

Arctic White, red/gray

There are centrifical super chargers that can make 2,500hp. If you need more than that i guess go with turbo. Dont get me wrong i love turbos and roots style superchargers. I just wouldnt put a roots style on a car when you have to but it. But i would lvoe to see your setup when its doen, it would be badass.

Also displacement helps boost, more displacement faster spool time and obviously more power.

1998 Trans Am

There are centrifical super chargers that can make 2,500hp. If you need more than that i guess go with turbo. Dont get me wrong i love turbos and roots style superchargers. I just wouldnt put a roots style on a car when you have to but it. But i would lvoe to see your setup when its doen, it would be badass.

Also displacement helps boost, more displacement faster spool time and obviously more power.

Im not sure I under stand this>>>>I just wouldnt put a roots style on a car when you have to but it. (buy it is what I think you ment right?) <<<< but wouldent you have to buy a centrifical supercharger also or a turbo for that matter lol.
    Just one more thing its true that a centrifical supercharger can push a motor over 2,500 HP but roots style can push a motor over 6000-8000 hp or more what do you think Top Fuel uses them for, now im not doggin anyone just sayin if we are going for #'s I'll stick with the roots lol

red
    2002 ss camaro

he meant cut the car up!

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by knappbunch View Post
    he meant cut the car up!
    Yeah, i changed it to cut. I understand you have to buy all these thigns, there is no free give away on turbos and centrifical superchargers lol.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Customta98 View Post
    Im not sure I under stand this>>>>I just wouldnt put a roots style on a car when you have to but it. (buy it is what I think you ment right?) <<<< but wouldent you have to buy a centrifical supercharger also or a turbo for that matter lol.
    Just one more thing its true that a centrifical supercharger can push a motor over 2,500 HP but roots style can push a motor over 6000-8000 hp or more what do you think Top Fuel uses them for, now im not doggin anyone just sayin if we are going for #'s I'll stick with the roots lol

Never said you cant make good power on turbos or roots, all i said is you can push way more than the 8psi bluehawk2000 put up is a limiting factor in centrifical superchargers.

1998 Trans Am

Yeah, i changed it to cut. I understand you have to buy all these thigns, there is no free give away on turbos and centrifical superchargers lol.
    Oh ok lol that makes more sence, but really you only have to cut a small portion of your cowl and just weld in some sheet metal to cover it. Its really not a big job.

1998 Trans Am

Never said you cant make good power on turbos or roots, all i said is you can push way more than the 8psi bluehawk2000 put up is a limiting factor in centrifical superchargers.
    no way it cant go over 8 PSI lol no im just messin with ya. Yeah they can definitely go over 8 PSI, if you know how to do it right. Im completly with ya there.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

I didnt mean it as in its limited to I am just saying as in thats all you ever see people running it on mostly. And I still will stick to a roots style sounds better and I love the power range of them, makes your car a tourqy lil bastard.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information