Results 1 to 11 of 11

my trans am and dads GTO cam vid

This is a discussion on my trans am and dads GTO cam vid within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; just installed the TV2 cam in my car and put my 224R cam in dads GTO both sounds great. my ...

  1. #1
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SAN FRAN SISCO BABY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    836

    VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

    my trans am and dads GTO cam vid

    just installed the TV2 cam in my car and put my 224R cam in dads GTO both sounds great. my car is mainly for the track and just driven on occasion dads is a DD so we couldnt go wild with his mods.
    if you want full list of mods you can just ask. to many to type right now.

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnNwpQr-tJA[/ame]



    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TcE8unsKnw[/ame]

  2. #2
    Senior Member bluehawk2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,492

    midnight blue
    2000 trans am

    Both of them sound awsom man, but the trans am sounds like it has a really steep cam whats the specs on the cam!!

  3. #3
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SAN FRAN SISCO BABY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    836

    VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

    well it needs a tune still, the cam is the Torquer Version. 2 cam
    232/234 595/598 112. it sounds like a big ole cam but it really has a good power band. 1800-6400 is what they claim. and the time i stepped on it...it had no hesitation off idle..it ratains all of its power band like the 224R cam. i just need to stop being lazy and install the 3600 vigilante lol. and it sounds so rediculously mean is the 3"x-pipe W/ dynamax bullet mufflers.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Piscataway, NJ
    Posts
    13
    1997 TA

    Both cams sound great. Nice vid

  5. #5
    Senior Member bluehawk2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,492

    midnight blue
    2000 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    well it needs a tune still, the cam is the Torquer Version. 2 cam
    232/234 595/598 112. it sounds like a big ole cam but it really has a good power band. 1800-6400 is what they claim. and the time i stepped on it...it had no hesitation off idle..it ratains all of its power band like the 224R cam. i just need to stop being lazy and install the 3600 vigilante lol. and it sounds so rediculously mean is the 3"x-pipe W/ dynamax bullet mufflers.
    I thought it was running a little rough on the start, but man does that thing sound good as hell, I have the same exhaust as you do, with the tsp 1 7/8 long tubes. Cant wait to get cam and heads for mine.

  6. #6
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SAN FRAN SISCO BABY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    836

    VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

    thanks, i really love the LS2's with a cam and magnaflow+x-pipe. they sound amazing to me

    my car sounds good on WOT lol but im not to crazy on the stupid loud factor. i used to keep it as close to factory quiet as possible forever...then stopped driving it and just said the hell with it and have been trying to get it bracket race ready for the last few years. but having one and one on the way keeps pushing the bracket racing thing back lol oh well ill just give the car to my son or daughter one day and they can race it for me!

  7. #7
    Senior Member bluehawk2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,492

    midnight blue
    2000 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    thanks, i really love the LS2's with a cam and magnaflow+x-pipe. they sound amazing to me

    my car sounds good on WOT lol but im not to crazy on the stupid loud factor. i used to keep it as close to factory quiet as possible forever...then stopped driving it and just said the hell with it and have been trying to get it bracket race ready for the last few years. but having one and one on the way keeps pushing the bracket racing thing back lol oh well ill just give the car to my son or daughter one day and they can race it for me!
    Yea it is loud with just the exhaust and no other real motor mods, its really just a weekend car now cause I cant really drive it threw my neighborhood lol it would wake everybody up at night haha.

    And yea having kids kind of pushes everything to the side cause thats really all that matters once you have them that is very respectable, but nothing wrong with having a toy lol.

  8. #8
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SAN FRAN SISCO BABY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    836

    VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

    i wouldnt have it any other way. i enjoy my son more than anything..all he does it make car sounds watches drag racing on tv and plays with my tools lol

    ...although he is much more interested in motorcycles..mainly cruisers not so much sport bikes

  9. #9
    Senior Member bluehawk2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,492

    midnight blue
    2000 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    i wouldnt have it any other way. i enjoy my son more than anything..all he does it make car sounds watches drag racing on tv and plays with my tools lol

    ...although he is much more interested in motorcycles..mainly cruisers not so much sport bikes
    lol gotta start somewhere, I am sure he keeps you on your toes lol but you and your dad both have very nice cars man. I need to start saving money so I can finally get my car in the shop again.

  10. #10
    Yeah baby! Yeah! silverWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    okc
    Posts
    2,571

    Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

    Damn both sound good, the Trans Am sounds mean but your oil psi seems awfully low or am I just freaking out? I would freak if my cars oil psi went below 40

  11. #11
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SAN FRAN SISCO BABY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    836

    VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

    ya it runs a little low on idle. the o-ring on the pickup tube got pinched so when it heats up it will show a drop in oil pressure. as long as it is 8PSI its fine lol when it gets lower than that ill freak out. and thanks i try to keep both these cars running and shining. its a lot of fun going to car events and track days with both our cars...having father son days out

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. dads GTO and my trans am cam videos
    By TmaxicanA in forum GTO
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-22-2010, 07:46 PM
  2. Hey Dads
    By Diabloformula in forum Eastern Members
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-20-2010, 06:18 PM
  3. To all LS1.com Dads
    By KahanaReef in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-21-2009, 11:05 PM
  4. Dads Camaro
    By FireChicken2000 in forum Classic Muscle
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 09:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •