Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 141 to 157 of 157

My TA vs. Ford Lightning?

This is a discussion on My TA vs. Ford Lightning? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Lol, im ignorant all i was trying to say is that i dont see the attraction to them because other ...

  1. #141
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    Lol, im ignorant all i was trying to say is that i dont see the attraction to them because other cars have more potential and then you said yes a Trans Am would be faster with same hp, then you said i would hope so the truck weighs 2000LBs more so all you did was prove my point that the LS1 cars have more potential thats all i was saying. So dont call me ignorant then prove my point tough guy, ok thanks.

  2. #142
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    big words from 19 yrs old ok let's keep this informational and technical

  3. #143
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    not so much personal

  4. #144
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    7

    White
    2001 Ford Lightning

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    So waht if the trucks are fast you also have to think about the potential of a car you a 13.0 and you claim to have 385 hp and 499 torque if a trans am had that he would run alot faster, probably like low to mid 12s, in the end the trans am can be made faster all around cause it doesnt weigh 5000. It can also move better side to side. The ford lighting is fast but i lacks sports car abilitys and it also lacks truck abilitys that is why i believe it to be a useless vehicle.

    Ok I guess its due to the fact that your 19 and don't see the whole picture. The only point you made that was valid was the fact that a TA can go faster because it's lighter. Any dumbass can see that. The points you are all wrong on is the fact that the truck can handle just fine, accellerates even better, and brakes wonderfully! It is the total Sports Truck Package. There are several people who autocross their Lightnings and would definantly take your 19 year old ass down through there. Oh and the truck tows just fine.

    I've never claimed a 1/4 time of 13.0. I said stock Lightnings run low 13's in the 1/4. I've never run anything but the 1/8th in my truck.


    As far as the Lightning being a useless vehicle, that's fine you are entitled to your own opinion and I can respect that, but the whole argument started because you thought, "If you can even luanch a little bit you'll pass the Lightning at 50-60." I'm just here to open your eyes cause that ain't gonna happen. I've never seen a bone stock Lightning get beat by a bone stock TA. You may say you've done it "110" times, but who are you kidding??? Your 19 you've probably only had 20 races in your lifetime and I doubt they were all Lightnings. I've got $20 that say's you've probably never even raced a Lightning. But, just incase you get the opportunity to you might want to go and ask Mommy and Daddy for some new parts for that LSx car of yours.

  5. #145
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    whoa!! why am i being called ignorant? i made a joke that SUPPORTED the ford lightning. SUP-POR-TED. which means in favor of. and hey, since you lumped me into your response, let me have my shot.

    it is one guy's opinion that lightnings arent useful and you jumped all over that one. while i disagree slightly with this notion, i beg to ask the question. how many lightnings have you seen on a construction site? trucks (and i know this is a foreign concept nowadays) are generally made to help in a profession, carry loads, or tow. a lightning is a lowered, supercharged, sport tuned, horsepower truck. it is step side for one, so anyone who works a truck would know that stepside is pointless and decreases the bed width.
    next, its a two wheel drive full size truck. and with the amount of torque to the rear and weight in the front, that makes it about as pointless as putting a 4.3 liter in a 2 wheel drive s10. in anything but dry weather, these 2 trucks dont stand a chance. i respect the towing capacity, because hey, it could be worse, but i could just as easily hitch up my z28 and do some towing of my own.
    now i realize you can throw things in the bed and go, but this isnt a regualar half ton here, so you may as well admit that the usefulness is pretty limited if you look at the big picture. you didnt buy a lightning to work around the farm or go to the city and build a structure, you bought it to go fast in something that wasnt a "car". dont bullshit us or yourself.

    with a turbo im sure that truck is just nasty. and with a simple pulley swap and exhaust and tune, im sure it would be fast. but dont fool yourself. it wouldnt take too many mods on an f body to walk these trucks from a roll or a dig. thats just the facts. you have alittle weight issue. but its a truck, so more power to you if youre going fast.

  6. #146
    Member Tony180a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Clarksville, Tn
    Posts
    108

    Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

    Jeez I can't believe this one is still going.

  7. #147
    Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Gadsden, AL
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,470

    Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

    people are starting to whine worst than my blower.....sorry I had to...to each their own really though....if you like a f-body get an f-body...if you like a Lightning get a Lightning

  8. #148
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony180a View Post
    Jeez I can't believe this one is still going.
    it wont be after i put on my e thuggin outfit and straight clown on these fools....

  9. #149
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    shit i like lightnings, but then i get told i dont and that im ignorant. just dont get it...

  10. #150
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    So what if im 19 you keep saying the age thing my first car when i was 16 was a 79 malibu with a 383 stroker my second when i was 17 was a 96 Formula firebird and now im 19 with a 2000 trans am i have been racing for 3 almost 4 years now so i have a little more experiences than 20 since i went to races ever night of summer since i was 16. So dont make it about age cause with me its not. You assuming that cause im 19 i dont know shit about racing cars just proves who the ignorant one is.
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 04-11-2007 at 09:42 AM.

  11. #151
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    7

    White
    2001 Ford Lightning

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    whoa!! why am i being called ignorant? i made a joke that SUPPORTED the ford lightning. SUP-POR-TED. which means in favor of. and hey, since you lumped me into your response, let me have my shot.

    it is one guy's opinion that lightnings arent useful and you jumped all over that one. while i disagree slightly with this notion, i beg to ask the question. how many lightnings have you seen on a construction site? trucks (and i know this is a foreign concept nowadays) are generally made to help in a profession, carry loads, or tow. a lightning is a lowered, supercharged, sport tuned, horsepower truck. it is step side for one, so anyone who works a truck would know that stepside is pointless and decreases the bed width.
    next, its a two wheel drive full size truck. and with the amount of torque to the rear and weight in the front, that makes it about as pointless as putting a 4.3 liter in a 2 wheel drive s10. in anything but dry weather, these 2 trucks dont stand a chance. i respect the towing capacity, because hey, it could be worse, but i could just as easily hitch up my z28 and do some towing of my own.
    now i realize you can throw things in the bed and go, but this isnt a regualar half ton here, so you may as well admit that the usefulness is pretty limited if you look at the big picture. you didnt buy a lightning to work around the farm or go to the city and build a structure, you bought it to go fast in something that wasnt a "car". dont bullshit us or yourself.

    with a turbo im sure that truck is just nasty. and with a simple pulley swap and exhaust and tune, im sure it would be fast. but dont fool yourself. it wouldnt take too many mods on an f body to walk these trucks from a roll or a dig. thats just the facts. you have alittle weight issue. but its a truck, so more power to you if youre going fast.
    Ok there secondgear, I called you ignorant because you acted like putting down 500+ RWTQ on street tires wasn't very hard. As a matter of fact you asked how is it hard to drive an auto in a straight line. This is where I assumed it was obvious you've never tried to place 500+ to the ground without spinning. I do apologize I must have skipped over the thread where you were supporting Lightnings. I did however go back and read through and seen where you said it could get embarassing for an f-body. That's the point I'm tryin to make to 2000T/A Guru who thinks his LSx car is God. I will apologize for skimming over that post you made, but the ignorant post was made in reaction to the post you made about, "How hard can it be to drive and auto in a straight line."

    While, I agree with you on the question there are still people who take the trucks and pully them and still can't get them to hook. I also wonder damn what's so hard about it. Then again some people just don't know how to drive. You see what I'm saying. There's a little more to placing 500+ RWTQ to the ground without wheel spin on street tires.


    As for 2000T/A Guru, son you can tell me you were President of the NHRA when you were 3, but the fact is your 19. Your neck deep in bullshit and until you close your mouth to listen you're going to wind up drowning. Your arugement went from the Lightnings aren't fast and the TA will outrun them to ok so the Lightning is fast, but the TA has more potential and the Lightning is useless. Like I said before, if you ever get the opportunity to race a Lightning take that person up on the offer. You'll be suprised. Then you'll probably run back to Mommy & Daddy and ask them to buy more parts for your poor ole' LSx.

    I've driven and owned both vehicles. You can't tell me what is better about one or the other. I know for a fact what a TA can do with simple mods and I also know what a Lightning will do with that same amount of money.

    2000T/A Guru, I was in your shoes at one point in my life. When I turned 22 I suddenly woke up and realized damn my Mom and Dad were right.....I don't know shit! I still don't know everything and probably never will, but rest assured I know more then you do at your age. I've been there and done that. "I've" owned several cars that my Mommy & Daddy paid for as well.
    As a matter of fact this Lightning is the first vehicle I purchased with my own money. I appreciate it a lot more too! HAHAHA.........when I was your age I HATED FORDS! Now I own one, WTF?!?!?!?!?!

    Ok seriously I'm done arguing with you now, I hope that in the future we can all get along. Like I said I am a big fan of the Trans Ams. I want to get another one day. Just try not to underestimate the Lightnings, cause they'll surprise you.

  12. #152
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    Why do you talk about my life like you know who i am like im gonna run back to mom and Dad. I have lived at my own apartment one month after i turned 18 im engaged and have a son we all grow up at different rates and just cause im 19 doesnt mean shit so why dont you jsut take all the age stuff out. I said in a couple posts that i know there fast trucks and i said there usless trucks cause i would only buy a truck for offroading so its useless in my head and cause its so heavy its not appealing to me as a sports vehicle.
    BTW i have paid for all my cars and all the modifications.
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 04-11-2007 at 12:23 PM.

  13. #153
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    i understand that putting down 500hp makes it difficult not to spin....but my comment was not of an ignorant nature. if you put down that much power then you have a stall. lets face it, figuring out how much not to press down the gas is not as difficult as manning the clutch, holding the brake and pressing the gas and get the right combo to pull off a good launch. what beef can you have with that?

  14. #154
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    7

    White
    2001 Ford Lightning

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    i understand that putting down 500hp makes it difficult not to spin....but my comment was not of an ignorant nature. if you put down that much power then you have a stall. lets face it, figuring out how much not to press down the gas is not as difficult as manning the clutch, holding the brake and pressing the gas and get the right combo to pull off a good launch. what beef can you have with that?

    I working with the factory stall convertor here and street tires. Your absolutely right about the difficulty between it and a manual. I don't have any beef. It's not hard for "me" to get the traction down, but you put some other fool in the truck with that kind of power/torque and it's a whole different ball game. The only thing I had a problem with is I was thinking ok I put this guy in my truck and watch him leave on street tires without spinning. After some practice you might pick it up, but then again you might not...boost is a different ball game all together. When it peaks and you spin then back out of the throttle then the truck shifts and falls flat on its face...you'll be thinking ok so it's a little harder then knowing how much gas to give it. It does take some practice when launching these trucks and it's not that easy for people who've never done it before. You see where I'm heading with this?

    The whole point I was getting at with the "Can't drive worth a damn" is yes there are some people who own, unfortunantely, Lightnings that have run high 13's and low 14's for the public to view. The problem was not that the truck was slow, much to 2000T/A Guru's surprise, but that the driver couldn't drive it.

    My argument wasn't that driving a auto was just as hard as driving a manual.


    As for 2000T/A Guru's post, like I said, no hard feelings, but I've been there done that. We're all billionaires on the internet.

  15. #155
    ls1ftw tigersport14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,035

    NBM
    98 trans am

    one time i raced a lightning with flowmasters, and all i have is flowmasters, and it was dead even...if that helps any. i have a 98 trans am btw

  16. #156
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by 01_White_Light View Post
    I working with the factory stall convertor here and street tires. Your absolutely right about the difficulty between it and a manual. I don't have any beef. It's not hard for "me" to get the traction down, but you put some other fool in the truck with that kind of power/torque and it's a whole different ball game. The only thing I had a problem with is I was thinking ok I put this guy in my truck and watch him leave on street tires without spinning. After some practice you might pick it up, but then again you might not...boost is a different ball game all together. When it peaks and you spin then back out of the throttle then the truck shifts and falls flat on its face...you'll be thinking ok so it's a little harder then knowing how much gas to give it. It does take some practice when launching these trucks and it's not that easy for people who've never done it before. You see where I'm heading with this?

    The whole point I was getting at with the "Can't drive worth a damn" is yes there are some people who own, unfortunantely, Lightnings that have run high 13's and low 14's for the public to view. The problem was not that the truck was slow, much to 2000T/A Guru's surprise, but that the driver couldn't drive it.

    My argument wasn't that driving a auto was just as hard as driving a manual.


    As for 2000T/A Guru's post, like I said, no hard feelings, but I've been there done that. We're all billionaires on the internet.
    thats all fine and well. and if you can drive, more power to you. just not sure how much easier science could make it. i absolutely have the potential to spin worse in my 6 speed, but i do see your point. again i think we're on the same page for the most part, im not bashing, neither are you.
    as far as your spinning problem, drag radials in 315s may do all right.

  17. #157
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    End of this thread and I will be handing out some warnings for the discussions that occured in here.

    These LS1 vs. whatever threads are getting old really fast. They have no relevance and just cause egos to flare. If you want to find out how an LS1 fares against a competitor, take it to the track and find out instead of debating it over the internet. These threads have a real short tolerance with me from now on.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. squirley ford lightning
    By zero_proto in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 07:57 PM
  2. ford lightning...
    By bolden3 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 05:49 PM
  3. Ford Lightning Test Drive
    By MikeSomething in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-13-2007, 07:54 PM
  4. F.S/WTT :2003 Ford Lightning
    By Bakeryracing in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2006, 01:11 PM
  5. Insurance question on a ford lightning
    By Mike Hawk in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-24-2006, 09:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •