Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

My TA vs. Ford Lightning?

This is a discussion on My TA vs. Ford Lightning? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I thought Lightnings were in the 14's?...

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I thought Lightnings were in the 14's?

White
    2001 Ford Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    I thought Lightnings were in the 14's?

This is 00TAWS6's brother. A bone stock Lightning should be running mid to low 13's in the 1/4. Go check out www.nloc.net and look at or ask about the recorded times for bone stock Lightnings.

You might see a "Lightning" run 14's, but it can be only one ot two things going on in that situation.

A. The driver can't drive worth a damn.

or

B. It isn't a real Lightning.

A lot of people will disgrace the truck by badging and adding the ground effects kit to a standard flare side F150.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

The Trans Am will win if you can launch even a little at about 50 or 60 you will pass him end of story. Ive doen it a hundred and ten times its fun and easy. Like making a baby it gets easier everytime.

White
    2001 Ford Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    The Trans Am will win if you can launch even a little at about 50 or 60 you will pass him end of story. Ive doen it a hundred and ten times its fun and easy. Like making a baby it gets easier everytime.

LOL! Thats what all the other TA's that have raced me thought. Simply put you can't out 60' a Lightning. Open your eyes son! I haven't been passed by any TA at 50-60, I'm making a large majority of my power below 86 MPH. Everything above that and it's like a brick in the wind effect.

Don't get me wrong I love Trans Ams. I've owned 4 myself ranging from my 97 TA to the last one I owned which was a 2001 WS6. That 2001 was the fastest stock TA I owned. It turned 8.60 stock on street tires. I use to love to make 8.0 mustangs look like chumps on the street. The car would dead hook on the street making it an all around 8.6 car. The LSx motors are very strong, but when comparing time slips (stock for stock) the LS1 can't fuck with the 5.4S/C Lightning.

The funny thing is I used to be just like you. Hated on anything that was GM made. I still to this day think GM makes/made the best damn sportscars ever. I only sold my TA because I wanted a truck. I didn't want to lose the HP I was accustomed to so I bought a Lightning and have never regretted that decision. I can haul just about anything and smoke your average LS1 while doing it.

Not to get off topic, but when I buy a new sportscar it will either be a Z06 or a 03-04 Cobra. It's amazing what can be done with that little 4.6 and a KenneBell. HAHA! I watched one leave my brothers turbo'd WS6 on the highway.

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

8.6 et in a 1/4? im sorry either you typed that wrong or you are talking about 1/8 times. I dont see any thing on street tires running a 8.6 1/4

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

just bad typing...but yeah I pull 8.0 1/8 times right now so do the math

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!! View Post
    just bad typing...but yeah I pull 8.0 1/8 times right now so do the math
    so you are in 14s in 1/4mi.

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    so you are in 14s in 1/4mi.
    nope 13.0

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

So waht if the trucks are fast you also have to think about the potential of a car you a 13.0 and you claim to have 385 hp and 499 torque if a trans am had that he would run alot faster, probably like low to mid 12s, in the end the trans am can be made faster all around cause it doesnt weigh 5000. It can also move better side to side. The ford lighting is fast but i lacks sports car abilitys and it also lacks truck abilitys that is why i believe it to be a useless vehicle.

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

So waht if the trucks are fast you also have to think about the potential of a car you a 13.0 and you claim to have 385 hp and 499 torque if a trans am had that he would run alot faster, probably like low to mid 12s, in the end the trans am can be made faster all around cause it doesnt weigh 5000. It can also move better side to side. The ford lighting is fast but i lacks sports car abilitys and it also lacks truck abilitys that is why i believe it to be a useless vehicle.
    payload 600 lbs, tow rating 5000 lbs truck handles and brakes great....and is fast ...oh wait an all around vehicle with usefullness

Thumbs up

nope 13.0
    that's what I thought too...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Lol yeah a truck you are also supposed to be able to get though rough terrane and dont even say you guys can. Cause you know you would get stuck almsot as fast as my T/A lol.

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Lol yeah a truck you are also supposed to be able to get though rough terrane and dont even say you guys can. Cause you know you would get stuck almsot as fast as my T/A lol.
    i dont need to go through rough terrian so why would I buy a truck to do that?

the Lightnings are fast trucks, period!

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

he doesnt grasp the concept of fast truck....he is like oh gawd its some thing with a tow hitch and tailgate that keeps up with my T/A...i hate it i hate it i hate it

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

No thats not it at all, you cant admit that because its a truck it has less potential, its fast yes but it has its downsides as does every car however in this case they are the downsides i look for in a vehicle as reasons not to buy it. It weighs a shit ton top end is lacking it will never be the best at handleing all these things play a factor and the only reason i would buy a truck is to have some fun at offroading so that why i say no to the lighting and your so Ford Truck crazy you cant see the cons of the truck.

Thumbs up

he doesnt grasp the concept of fast truck....he is like oh gawd its some thing with a tow hitch and tailgate that keeps up with my T/A...i hate it i hate it i hate it

Thumbs up

No thats not it at all, you cant admit that because its a truck it has less potential, its fast yes but it has its downsides as does every car however in this case they are the downsides i look for in a vehicle as reasons not to buy it. It weighs a shit ton top end is lacking it will never be the best at handleing all these things play a factor and the only reason i would buy a truck is to have some fun at offroading so that why i say no to the lighting and your so Ford Truck crazy you cant see the cons of the truck.
    go wacth Bullrun and see the Ford truck still in the game and they haven't
    done an off roads course yet. don't expect the Ford truck to win but hey the lambo is out of competition as of last week I expect the M3 bmw to be out next.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I saw that man and i was happy that the lambo asshat lost but it was mainly because he spun like 3 times cause he is the worst driver i have ever seen and you saw it too. But i was happy that the ford guys won and besides lol that was a f150 and some crazy texan was driving.

yep. fast trucks are cool. F150 ummm just ok

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information