Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

My TA vs. Ford Lightning?

This is a discussion on My TA vs. Ford Lightning? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; thats true ls1+supercharger=...

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

thats true ls1+supercharger=

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

true true

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

BTW Milwaukee is not hell i have traveled all over the country and i love milwaukee we have beer and alot of shit to offer the best water parks and beer lol. Not to mention we party harder than anyone UWM named #1 party college in the country.

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    BTW Milwaukee is not hell i have traveled all over the country and i love milwaukee we have beer and alot of shit to offer the best water parks and beer lol. Not to mention we party harder than anyone UWM named #1 party college in the country.
    well thats your opinion...IMO, i think you should go to college to get a degree in something and not party lol, well partying is good =) but i think i would rather go to get a degree in something..

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Well yeah you go to college to get a degree but why go if u cant have fun. Besides life is about having fun maybe some people say you should work as hard as you can when your young then have fun when your older with money but what is fun without youth.

Btw i know how to be responsable too since u kinda have to be sometimes when you have a kid and im getting my degree in criminal justice.

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Well yeah you go to college to get a degree but why go if u cant have fun. Besides life is about having fun maybe some people say you should work as hard as you can when your young then have fun when your older with money but what is fun without youth.

Btw i know how to be responsable too since u kinda have to be sometimes when you have a kid and im getting my degree in criminal justice.
    ah, well theres a time for being serious and a time for fun.. thats all i gotta say lol. i mean if you have an LS1 your gonna have fun every day!

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I work in a high end part of town so all i do on the way home from work about a 40 minute freeway drive is race XLRs and SL55 AMGs and alot of ppl around here have corvettes and evos and STIs and SRT4s the freeway on the way home releaves so much stress.

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

guys stop the violence. like i said before its all american muscle. direct your attention twords the imports.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by adam0321 View Post
    guys stop the violence. like i said before its all american muscle. direct your attention twords the imports.
    We wouldn't be men if we didn't have a bit of violence for each other!

I guess we could not have it and be gay.

NBM
    98 trans am

agreed =) stupid 4 bangers....no actually not all 4 bangers, i respect the evos, srt-4s and such

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

ok so we have established lightings and trans-am's are fast not go prove it to all the hondas. any body race a ss silverado? I did either he was sandbaggin or they are not very fast. and I am a huge gm nut. I have a 98 z71 and I am a firm believer that trucks are for pulling and carrying loads, but different strokes for different folks I guess.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

ok so we have established lightings and trans-am's are fast not go prove it to all the hondas. any body race a ss silverado? I did either he was sandbaggin or they are not very fast. and I am a huge gm nut. I have a 98 z71 and I am a firm believer that trucks are for pulling and carrying loads, but different strokes for different folks I guess.
    The Siverado SS in only 350HP. They are to big and heavy for that little power. Now if they did it right in a reg cab short box with better suspension, and the LS2 then it might be something!

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

that would be something a ls7 in a single cab siverado 495 horses ooo shiesty

Black
    1999 Mustang GT

Dude you'll win, just race him.

I beat Lightning (Stock) in my Mustang GT, and I am sure you wouldn't be afraid of a Mustang lol.

Silver
    2002 Firebird Formula

yep my friends mustang gt took a lightning too

White
    2000 Trans Am

Ill tell you this a stock mustang will not outrun a stock lightning.. Unless the guy in the lightning doesn't know how to drive at ALL. My stock WS6 couldn't outrun a stock lightning from a dead stop. Now if your talking about they raced on the highway your probably right the mustang is alot lighter.

Jimmy

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by 00TAWS6 View Post
    Ill tell you this a stock mustang will not outrun a stock lightning.. Unless the guy in the lightning doesn't know how to drive at ALL. My stock WS6 couldn't outrun a stock lightning from a dead stop. Now if your talking about they raced on the highway your probably right the mustang is alot lighter.

Jimmy
    You must have something wrong with your WS6 or else that Lightning was giving you a line of crap. I bet he had pulley & tune.

White
    2000 Trans Am

No, he wasn't giving me any crap or BS. The stock lightning I was referring to was my brothers. Bone stock he was pulling 8.60's on street tires. Nothing was wrong with my car either.

Now he's got a 6# pully and tune and he made right at 396.4 RWHP and 521.7 RWTQ. He hasn't ran it at the track since, but on street tires he has a lot of trouble putting that torque to the ground. You guys are really under estimating the Lightning's ability to get out of the hole. In an 1/8th mile dig a stock TA or even lightly modded one doesn't stand a chance. Don't expect to take and Lightning with a lid and catback. Unless, you've got some kind of retard driving it.

At the track when I raced my brother he out 60' me and pulled a better ET. I did run a higher MPH though. I'd say all and all the Lightning is a beast for a vehicle that weighs almost 5000lbs.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

The Lightning is my favorite sport truck, but I never saw one beat a LS1 stock. They are close, but I never saw one win. Is your WS6 an auto? I guess if it is I could see it.

White
    2000 Trans Am

Nope she's and M6.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information