Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 157

My TA vs. Ford Lightning?

This is a discussion on My TA vs. Ford Lightning? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; A friend of mine is talking shit about this svt lightning that he has, it's bone stock and he wants ...

  1. #1
    Member kams95ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    127

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    My TA vs. Ford Lightning?

    A friend of mine is talking shit about this svt lightning that he has, it's bone stock and he wants to run me for some cash tomorrow at ATCO,NJ. My car ran a 13.3@105 bone stock since then I've added tr55's,10.4 wires,160stat,MTI lid,Tsp Rumbler CB,and 342's. I have'nt ran it yet since the new mods. Should I take'm or am I introuble I don't know what svt lightning's run stock but I know that they are quick so should I raise the waiger or fall back?

  2. #2
    Member kams95ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    127

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    I'm a A4 by the way

  3. #3
    Rollo Tomassee AKIRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Outside the box
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,887
    Mmmmm are you sure hes stock? Depends on the year of the truck, but Id say youll get him. For some reason, theyve NEVER been trouble to me on the street.
    99 T/A M6
    LS6 intake, Hooker Coated Long Tubes, Y-pipe w/1 carsound cat, Hooker Catback, MTi Clear Lid, FRA w/ Holley Power Shot, ASP crank pulley, 1.8 RRs, 3.73s w/TA girdle & Eaton Differential, Granatelli SFCs, Pro 5.0 Shifter, LS6 Clutch, Diablo, TByrnes Maf Ends (in winter), All the Free Mods

  4. #4
    Member kams95ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    127

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    not sure what year but i'm 100% sure that it's 100% stock

  5. #5
    Comp T/A Lover lt5performance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Age
    33
    Posts
    25

    black
    97 Trans am WS6 convert

    Talking

    a bone stock stock lightning runs like a 14.5 or something like that plus they werent even the fastest production truck the dodge dakota srt or was im not sure about the new v10 dodge but the dakota ran like a 14.3 lightning are just like everything else ford puts out....overated

  6. #6
    Member kams95ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    127

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    cool he just got the truck when I saw it today he had 26's on it and he said that he would whoop my ass with his factory wheels on so I said bet it

  7. #7
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    You should still be able to take it. He could have swapped a pulley and you wouldn't have a clue and it could go the other way then. If he's not feeding you BS then go make some easy money! They have lots of modding potential and I'd take one over an over rated Dodge any day.

  8. #8
    Comp T/A Lover lt5performance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Age
    33
    Posts
    25

    black
    97 Trans am WS6 convert

    i say it is easy money have fun and video tape it

  9. #9
    Member kams95ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    127

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    Well i'm planning to go to the track with one seat in the car so if I can get someone to follow me to the track i'll tape it and post it

  10. #10
    Comp T/A Lover lt5performance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Age
    33
    Posts
    25

    black
    97 Trans am WS6 convert

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    You should still be able to take it. He could have swapped a pulley and you wouldn't have a clue and it could go the other way then. If he's not feeding you BS then go make some easy money! They have lots of modding potential and I'd take one over an over rated Dodge any day.
    im not saying that dodges arent over rated either only that the lightning isnt as fast as the owners have a tendency of thinking

  11. #11
    Member kams95ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    127

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    the truck is a 2001 by the way if that makes a difference

  12. #12
    Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Gadsden, AL
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,470

    Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by lt5performance View Post
    a bone stock stock lightning runs like a 14.5 or something like that plus they werent even the fastest production truck the dodge dakota srt or was im not sure about the new v10 dodge but the dakota ran like a 14.3 lightning are just like everything else ford puts out....overated
    retarded...a stock L can run high 13s all day

  13. #13
    Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Gadsden, AL
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,470

    Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by kams95ss View Post
    cool he just got the truck when I saw it today he had 26's on it and he said that he would whoop my ass with his factory wheels on so I said bet it
    if thats the case....you got the win

  14. #14
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    Quote Originally Posted by lt5performance View Post
    im not saying that dodges arent over rated either only that the lightning isnt as fast as the owners have a tendency of thinking
    That's how most of the Ford and Dodge owners are anyway!

    I don't know why so many people try to beat up on the LS1 cars with their lightly modded or stock cars. I'm always hearing how different cars can put down a newer Z-28, T/A or GTO. I never see it happen though. I even had a guy with a 98 Eclipse GSX telling me how he only had a boost controler and could beat me. He wouldn't line up because his new clutch wasn't broken in.

  15. #15
    Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Gadsden, AL
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,470

    Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by kams95ss View Post
    the truck is a 2001 by the way if that makes a difference

    stock ...380 hp and 450 TQ at the crank...but with 26s the idiot is killing himself

  16. #16
    Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Gadsden, AL
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,470

    Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    That's how most of the Ford and Dodge owners are anyway!

    I don't know why so many people try to beat up on the LS1 cars with their lightly modded or stock cars. I'm always hearing how different cars can put down a newer Z-28, T/A or GTO. I never see it happen though. I even had a guy with a 98 Eclipse GSX telling me how he only had a boost controler and could beat me. He wouldn't line up because his new clutch wasn't broken in.
    and you guys crack me up...I laid waste to a lid, exhaust 2001 ls1 Z28 this weekend...but will also admit that his buddy in a cammed ls2 GTO made me cry

  17. #17
    Member kams95ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    127

    Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

    he's not gonna run me with those big ass wheels He's putting his factory wheels on when we race

  18. #18
    Member 98ls1blackbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jenison, Mi
    Posts
    159

    Black
    1998 Trans am

    I raced one in a street tire shootout last summer. I was dialed 13.50 he was dialed 13.80. I took him bad off the line I had him by a couple lengths even with his head start, then he drove by me in the middle, (those fuckers make some power) and I drove by him on the long end. So they are slow off the line go like hell in the mid range and slow down on the long end. You should be able to handle him ok. Have fun.

  19. #19
    Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Gadsden, AL
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,470

    Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by kams95ss View Post
    he's not gonna run me with those big ass wheels He's putting his factory wheels on when we race
    going from a dig or a roll?

  20. #20
    Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Gadsden, AL
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,470

    Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by 98ls1blackbird View Post
    I raced one in a street tire shootout last summer. I was dialed 13.50 he was dialed 13.80. I took him bad off the line I had him by a couple lengths even with his head start, then he drove by me in the middle, (those fuckers make some power) and I drove by him on the long end. So they are slow off the line go like hell in the mid range and slow down on the long end. You should be able to handle him ok. Have fun.
    he must of feathered it too much or spun them on the low end...but yeah on the top end we get "brick in the wind" syndrome

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. squirley ford lightning
    By zero_proto in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 07:57 PM
  2. ford lightning...
    By bolden3 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 05:49 PM
  3. Ford Lightning Test Drive
    By MikeSomething in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-13-2007, 07:54 PM
  4. F.S/WTT :2003 Ford Lightning
    By Bakeryracing in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2006, 01:11 PM
  5. Insurance question on a ford lightning
    By Mike Hawk in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-24-2006, 09:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •