my T/A

This is a discussion on my T/A within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; So I'm still fairly new to the site and LS1's for that matter. I've owned this car for about 3 ...

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 6spd

my T/A

So I'm still fairly new to the site and LS1's for that matter. I've owned this car for about 3 months or so now and finally took a couple quick snaps of the car an figured I'd share. lol don't mind the camera date...it's been dead for quite some time now.

Anyways hope you guys approve! Mods so far are
    pacesetter longtube headers
    custom 3'' Y-pipe. Full 3'' exhuast.
    egr-delete
    no cats
    Eibach drop springs
    power stop cross drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk pads all the way around
    cotten smoothie 17x10 rims with some brand new 275/40 Kelly Fierce tires in the rear. I have a good friend that works at Krammer tire that talked me into these tires. These things bite just as good as Nittos! Heres the kicker...They only ran me $310 for the pair! This tire is manufactured by Goodyear and is basically the same as a Goodyear Eagle F1-GS-D3 which sell for $234 a tire on tire rack.
    Future mods:
    for now just a tune...
    oh and a cut out....
    an maybe if i can find one, a ws6 hood.
    def will be adding to this list, but will prolly wait till spring next year to do anything else.
    Last edited by allmtrracin; 10-02-2009 at 09:29 AM.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Nice start! Looks good.

Just not a huge fan of flat black rims, but that's me.

Either way, welcome!

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 6spd

Thanks. its what came on the car. They look decent in person imo. previous owner painted them black cause he had really bad brake dust from some advanced auto pads lol...anyways I'll keep them for a bit. I will repaint them soon. I'll do it right tho...ie, strip, sand, wet sand, clean, prime, paint, clear...the guy painted the rims on the car...took me 3 days to get all the over spray off the fenders....

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by allmtrracin View Post
    Thanks. its what came on the car. They look decent in person imo. previous owner painted them black cause he had really bad brake dust from some advanced auto pads lol...anyways I'll keep them for a bit. I will repaint them soon. I'll do it right tho...ie, strip, sand, wet sand, clean, prime, paint, clear...the guy painted the rims on the car...took me 3 days to get all the over spray off the fenders....
    Get them powder coated. More durable and look better. IMO

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

Nice TA! I like the black rims personally, looks great. What part of VA you in?

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 6spd

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's TA View Post
    Get them powder coated. More durable and look better. IMO
    yeah I wouldn't mind...but my wife an I just found out that we have another edition to the family coming so money will be a bit tight. Plus if you take your time, rattle can jobs can come out quite nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdCountry02 View Post
    Nice TA! I like the black rims personally, looks great. What part of VA you in?

Thanks! I'm in Virginia Beach area

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

yeah I wouldn't mind...but my wife an I just found out that we have another edition to the family coming so money will be a bit tight. Plus if you take your time, rattle can jobs can come out quite nicely.
    Congrats! I have a 10 month old, its alot of fun. Im in the same financial situation, which is why my new rims are being painted black instead of powdercoating for the time being

Cool, i'm in the NOVA area. Next up, you need to do the CETA mod, it'll compliment your TA real well. I just finished mine and couldn't be happier
    Last edited by BirdCountry02; 10-02-2009 at 03:40 PM.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 6spd

Cool, i'm in the NOVA area. Next up, you need to do the CETA mod, it'll compliment your TA real well. I just finished mine and couldn't be happier
    What is this CETA mod that you speak of? Excuse my ignorance.

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

Congrats! I have a 10 month old, its alot of fun. Im in the same financial situation, which is why my new rims are being painted black instead of powdercoating for the time being

Fixed. There was more to my post, but I screwed it up. It's right now

What is this CETA mod that you speak of? Excuse my ignorance.
    The CETA mod is where you paint the accent on the bumper above the exhaust tips black, like the Collecter's Edition Trans Am(where it got it's name from). Especially with your black rims, I think it would flow well. I just finished mine last week, but i'm posting up pics when I borrow my parents camera. I'll post up a write up and pics of it when I get a chance. If you use search, you can find them as well. It should be in the Appearence and Detailing section on the forum stickied

pewter
    1999 Trans Am

nice look, I like the black rims with that color car and the ceta mod would look sweet especially with the black rims. In my opinion they would look better with the lip left unpainted. similar to the collectors edeition wheels. I also love the exhaust. What type of exhaust is it. the tips look great and fill up the recesses nicely.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Nice t/a! May i recommend the CETA mod? and im diggin the black rims

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am 6spd

Fixed. There was more to my post, but I screwed it up. It's right now

The CETA mod is where you paint the accent on the bumper above the exhaust tips black, like the Collecter's Edition Trans Am(where it got it's name from). Especially with your black rims, I think it would flow well. I just finished mine last week, but i'm posting up pics when I borrow my parents camera. I'll post up a write up and pics of it when I get a chance. If you use search, you can find them as well. It should be in the Appearence and Detailing section on the forum stickied
    Sweet, I'll look into it. I did this on my 1st G-35 coupe. It was white with black powder coated Volk TE-37's. I painted the this same area black and had a black front lip. That car got soooo much attention. But now its gone and now i own a silver one thats all stock.

Quote Originally Posted by kempfer99ta View Post
    nice look, I like the black rims with that color car and the ceta mod would look sweet especially with the black rims. In my opinion they would look better with the lip left unpainted. similar to the collectors edeition wheels. I also love the exhaust. What type of exhaust is it. the tips look great and fill up the recesses nicely.
    I think the tips are made by magna flow....the shop that did the exhuast had a bunch of different styles. As for the lips not being painted...I'm not a fan of black wheels with a polished lip anymore...I was doing that on Honda's in my early 20's....Its just to big of a fad now.

thanks all for the positive comments! I jus got home from drinkin, so now I need to sleep it off

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    Nice t/a! May i recommend the CETA mod? and im diggin the black rims
    thanks!!

Thread Information