Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

My New Beast

This is a discussion on My New Beast within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Too Fast I'm thinking low 13s with an auto would need a stall. Could be wrong tho. ...

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    I'm thinking low 13s with an auto would need a stall. Could be wrong tho.
    Catback, lid and SFC's our auto ran 13.4 at 106 mph on street tires.

2000 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    welcome to the darkside lol
    Darkside? If that's what it is called then I love it Muahahaha

2000 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Sweet, I can't wait to run it then start modding it. I just got new tires which costed $750... so I have to pay my dad back for those since he spotted me the cash lol

But once I am all paid back and making money I can look at mods

navy blue
    2002 camaro ss

That is one sharp Trans am. Dont mod it. Leave it stock. They dont make them anymore.
    Congrats

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Quote Originally Posted by ws6dream View Post
    thanks mudstain.

98maro, i definitely like the tinted windows, the only drawback is backing up at night... But simple fix to that is just rolling down the windows. Definitely a sacrifice i can make for those awesome tinted windows during the day.
    it looks great,,, i feel you on that i have the same tint on my ss.. And is kinda hard backing up at nights,, but the sacrifice is worth it..
    Im goin for double limo in the back
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Congrats! I bought a red with tan interior 6 speed 02 w s 6 a few months ago. I paid way less tho. I live outside of blanchard. Ought come to thunder valley. It's a blast.

Red
    99 TransAm

Very nice ride. Just looking out for you here and I could be completely wrong but the way I was looking at your tires in the pic, they look like the rotation is backwards. Im assuming there rotational tires and it just looked like there on the wrong side of the car to me. But like I said I may be wrong but I would check.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by slimss View Post
    That is one sharp Trans am. Dont mod it. Leave it stock. They dont make them anymore.
    Congrats
    Mod it, BUT, keep ALL the orignal pieces.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

I'm thinking low 13s with an auto would need a stall. Could be wrong tho.
    I hit 13.2 bone stock with my 02 before modding.. so its possible.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
    I hit 13.2 bone stock with my 02 before modding.. so its possible.
    Just knew someone would prove me wrong. This is a a good thing to be corrected about, instead of people saying no way, they weren't that fast! With some time with your car, learning how to launch it, times like these are possible.

Quote Originally Posted by 99Sleeper View Post
    Very nice ride. Just looking out for you here and I could be completely wrong but the way I was looking at your tires in the pic, they look like the rotation is backwards. Im assuming there rotational tires and it just looked like there on the wrong side of the car to me. But like I said I may be wrong but I would check.
    I noticed that about the tires as well, but couldn't see for sure since the whole tread pattern isn't visible. RR looked backwards as well. OP, look on your sidewall and see if it shows a directional arrow showing which way the tire is supposed to rotate. Or, if it's an asymetrical tread pattern, it will say "outside".

2000 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer View Post
    Mod it, BUT, keep ALL the orignal pieces.
    Thats exactly what I am going to do, so if I ever am going to sell it, I can include all original parts or make it all original again.

2000 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 99Sleeper View Post
    I thought the same thing when I saw them. I just had them put on like 3 or 4 days ago. I will look into it...

2000 WS6 Trans Am

Ok, I checked the tires and they are on correctly.

2000 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by jodibonds View Post
    Congrats! I bought a red with tan interior 6 speed 02 w s 6 a few months ago. I paid way less tho. I live outside of blanchard. Ought come to thunder valley. It's a blast.
    How much did you pay? Also I looked at tan interior and decided I hated it (personal preference), so I stayed away from all cars that didn't have the ebony interior, even if it was a little more expensive. How many miles were on it?

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Just knew someone would prove me wrong. This is a a good thing to be corrected about, instead of people saying no way, they weren't that fast! With some time with your car, learning how to launch it, times like these are possible.
    But its possible mine is a little on the "freak" side.. as I dropped from 13.2 to 12.1 on a decent but not great tune.. 3.73 gears, shift kit, longtube headers and TSP rumbler exhaust. Not many people believe my car did that.. until I show them the video and time slip.. then they tell me I have more done to the car... which I politely tell them they are more than welcome to look at my car.

But like you said.. just have to practice and learn how your car likes to be launched.. have good tires.. etc. For instance.. my car LOVED hotlapping (running multiple times in a row without giving it time to cool off).. thats when I got my best of 12.1.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by WS6Dream View Post
    Ok, I checked the tires and they are on correctly.

Are the tires asymetrical or directional then?

But its possible mine is a little on the "freak" side.. as I dropped from 13.2 to 12.1 on a decent but not great tune.. 3.73 gears, shift kit, longtube headers and TSP rumbler exhaust. Not many people believe my car did that.. until I show them the video and time slip.. then they tell me I have more done to the car... which I politely tell them they are more than welcome to look at my car.

But like you said.. just have to practice and learn how your car likes to be launched.. have good tires.. etc. For instance.. my car LOVED hotlapping (running multiple times in a row without giving it time to cool off).. thats when I got my best of 12.1.
    And while hot lapping. Maybe I should try that sometime. And you had no stall?

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Very impressive! I agree, it does take practice and getting to know what works best. It wasn't until I finally started holding the revs up at the line (stock stall) that our car dipped into the 12's.

black
    1998 transam ws6

nice ride

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Very impressive! I agree, it does take practice and getting to know what works best. It wasn't until I finally started holding the revs up at the line (stock stall) that our car dipped into the 12's.

i had to play with my a4 to find out where it launched the best. after about the third run i got it and thats when i ran a 12.9 with just exhaust

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by WS6Dream View Post
    Darkside? If that's what it is called then I love it Muahahaha
    lol just saying since you left the herd and joined the flock lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information