Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My Mod Plan

This is a discussion on My Mod Plan within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; slp lid and UMI suspension pats all the way...

pewter
    2002 Tans am WS6 M6

slp lid and UMI suspension pats all the way
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Richy_Rich67 View Post
    slp lid and UMI suspension pats all the way
    Thanks for the input, looks like my suspension parts will be UMI. The first part I'm going to buy within the next week or so will be the SLP lid and then keep going from there.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    We get visual and sniffer.
    we get nothing at all. no visual, no sniffer, no scan.. nothing! we can do whatever we want here it rocks

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    we get nothing at all. no visual, no sniffer, no scan.. nothing! we can do whatever we want here it rocks
    Michigan is the same way. I have no cats, Kooks LT headers..... fucking screaming. Coppers wont do shit.

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Michigan is the same way. I have no cats, Kooks LT headers..... fucking screaming. Coppers wont do shit.
    Also theres no decibel limit in Mi. all you have to have is a working muffler/Resonator
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    Also theres no decibel limit in Mi. all you have to have is a working muffler/Resonator
    i've gotten away with straight pipes for years. just gotta keep it down at the right times.

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

Hey man I hear you strongly about the whole just incase I want to put it back to stock I still have ALL my stock parts... but the thing is is if you do want to put back to stock chances is are its because you're going to sell it right?

if you're selling it any serious buyer will be happy with SFC because that means to things the car has been taken care of properly and if the owner has taken care of it in that aspect he probably has in others aswell...

just my .02 but don't shy away from weld in's so easily besides most people day to day will never know you have them unless you told them to look for them...

silver
    1999 Trans am Ws6

instead of getting a slp lid because i heard the fit sucks on it, what about the volant intake?

Yellow
    CETA Coupe M6

I'm really glad this thread was started. I have been wanting to do all this and the info that is provided here is a huge help. Thanks to all you guys that put in your .02

Yellow
    CETA Coupe M6

I have a fully stock exhaust. I want to re-do the whole thing. As described in this thread I am looking to put the pacesetter LT on it with the pacesetter y-pipe and electronically controlled cutout. Does this sound good? Also what kind of Catback do you guys perfer?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by crombie02 View Post
    I have a fully stock exhaust. I want to re-do the whole thing. As described in this thread I am looking to put the pacesetter LT on it with the pacesetter y-pipe and electronically controlled cutout. Does this sound good? Also what kind of Catback do you guys perfer?
    Magnaflow... or IMO the spin-tech's sound great. Magnaflow has a nice deep throaty sound... as do the spin tech's.

White w/Blue stripes
    99 Trans Am WS6 30th#1588

I had my Borla next to an SS with magnaflow and mine sounded deeper. This was before the LTs etc mind you. Haven't heard the difference in person since.

pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

i have borla love the sound. wanted to ask about the gmmg chambered exhaust how is it performance and sound wise

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Now how is the fit on some of these headers like the pacesetters? I want to be able to put these in myself without any major complications.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Ive heard pacesetters fit great.

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

Quote Originally Posted by crombie02 View Post
    exhaust cutout is never a bad idea if you want the sound then go for... but on a stock cubed engine without even heads or cam the performance gains will be slight, so I'm just telling you that because the electric ones aren't the cheapest things and if you're doing for performance rather then fun and noise factor there is better buys for now.

as far as catbacks I usually go with the three best in my mind each with there own particular traits.

I'll rate them in accordance to eachother not to EVERY catback

Corsa- Loudest, Highest flowing, Most Rasp, nicest tips for TA's (my .02)

Borla- Mellowest, Deepest, Throatiest, Best sound (my .02) flows almost as well as Magnaflow

Magnaflow- Medium Volume, Slight Rasp, free flowing, a good sound. (best bang for buck)

I actually run Corsa... its not for everyone... not even me I would prefer to have Borla sound. In summary I have never found one person upset with their Magnaflow catback, always a good choice. Corsa and Borla are a little bit on the extreme sides of the spectrum, if they suit what you're looking for they're awesome but if you not you can end up being dissapointed.
    Last edited by Bouvers; 10-14-2008 at 09:13 PM.

silver
    1999 Trans am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Bouvers View Post
    exhaust cutout is never a bad idea if you want the sound then go for... but on a stock cubed engine without even heads or cam the performance gains will be slight, so I'm just telling you that because the electric ones aren't the cheapest things and if you're doing for performance rather then fun and noise factor there is better buys for now.

as far as catbacks I usually go with the three best in my mind each with there own particular traits.

I'll rate them in accordance to eachother not to EVERY catback

Corsa- Loudest, Highest flowing, Most Rasp, nicest tips for TA's (my .02)

Borla- Mellowest, Deepest, Throatiest, Best sound (my .02) flows almost as well as Magnaflow

Magnaflow- Medium Volume, Slight Rasp, free flowing, a good sound. (best bang for buck)

I actually run Corsa... its not for everyone... not even me I would prefer to have Borla sound. In summary I have never found one person upset with their Magnaflow catback, always a good choice. Corsa and Borla are a little bit on the extreme sides of the spectrum, if they suit what you're looking for they're awesome but if you not you can end up being dissapointed.
    yeah definitely i can agree with that, i am running corsa too. What kind of Lt headers do you have? because i was thinking about pacesetter and i was wondering how they sound with pacesetter with the corsa combo.

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 02 WS-Six View Post
    Ok thanks for all the advice. I think this is what I am going to go with for my Mod plan. This plan will be over the next 2 years or so depending on the money situation. But this will most likely be it for me modding wise.

So here we go:

SLP Air Lid
    K&N Air Filter
    ARH LT Headers
    ARH Y-Pipe
    ARH High Flow Cats
    Port and Polish TB
    UMI 3 Point Bolt in Subframe Connectors
    UMI Strut Tower Bar
    Dyno and Professional Tune after all mods are in

Now roughly what would you think I would be putting out for HP so I have an idea of what I would be rolling with. What would I be looking around for 1/4 times best case scenario?
    This new, revised list looks really good in my opinion. Definitely stick with UMI for the SFCs-they tuck nicely and offer great ground clearance. Personally, I'm a fan of Kooks headers; they are very high quality and seem to install nicely without fitment problems. However, ARH is top of the line too so I can't knock on you for choosing their headers! The only mod on your list that I disagree with is the STB, regardless of brand. In terms of performance upgrades, I do believe that, in a F-body, a STB helps very little, if at all. It seems to be more of an appearance/cosmetic mod.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Thanks for the input, I will put the STB on the bottom of the list as far as my mod plan goes. Maybe I can find a used one for cheap at some point and get it if the price is right. Until then I will put it on the back burners.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information